Hello All New here

:wave:t2: Hi I’m Tasha I have always been fascinated by the idea of everything magic I’ve always wished I was blessed with the abilities to help people! I have just started studying this and Wow there is so much to learn. I am excited about the journey but to be honest I’m a little afraid I’m in over my head also, but you never know until you try right! So here goes nothing :sagittarius:

11 Likes

Welcome to the coven :heart: I am still really new here too, but so far there is nothing but pure love from the others and I am feeling so happy to be here. We are also happy to have you join us! There is definitely a TON to learn - take your time, look through all of the materials, and what I need to remind myself of constantly is that it’s a process. We will learn over time :heart_eyes_cat: the other thing I try to remind myself is that I don’t need to feel pressured to do everything in interested in all at once. Pick one thing to focus on at a time.

8 Likes

@tasha9 - Hi Tasha, I 'm Garnet, a solitary practitioner and I live on Gulf Coast Florida.
When I first started I was afraid, All I knew about magic was the movie “Fantasia” where mickey lost control of his wand. And of course Horror movies that made witches seem like 'Boogie…boogie…boogie and now you’re a frog…it really doesn’t happen that way, mores the pity, I know a few people…never mind. Ha, Ha,.
Ok, I’m serious now. We welcome you with joy. You’ve happened upon a rather large group of like minded people from around the world, seeking an answer.
What answer, you may ask? Well that’s your question to ask.
I came here, lost and depressed, wondering if I’d done “it” all. What more was there. I am delighted to say I found answers to questions I didn’t know I needed answered.
Every day in every way life’s an adventure and the secret to life is to live it, live it large.
First suggestion? Don’t be afraid. If you are unsure or insecure, please address us on Forum and someone will give and answer or find someone who does.
We treat each other with respect and affection.
Second suggestion: Read Q&A, Very informative.
Third suggestion: Start with the courses. As you said it can be overwhelming with the amount and different categories to learn. I’ve been a witch for a long time and If I had a thousand years, I still wouldn’t know or have investigated it all.
Last suggestion: Sit back, drink something warm, & put your feet up.
Learn something and make new friends.
Don’t be afraid to reach out to any of us.
WE LOVE QUESTIONS!

Be blessed Tasha, stay safe
and know you are loved.
Garnet

9 Likes

Thank you for the support and kind words! I’m so glad I decided to do this I do feel I will not have much support outside of here my fiancé doesn’t believe in any of this and thinks I’m crazy for believing in Spirits so I can only imagine how this would go😂 My mother is afraid once I open the door it will be hard to maintain the balance between good and evil but she’s the best and supports all my ideas crazy or not as my fiancé says so this means the world to me!

9 Likes

@tasha9
That’s another lovely thing about Spells8, everyone is so accepting. We do not reticule, or criticize. There’s enough of that in the outside. Take heart,
you’re safe here, no one will degrade you.
Garnet

9 Likes

Merry Meet @tasha9! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod, I can agree with everything mentioned by @Garnet. We are all very friendly & supportive of each other’s unique path. If you have any question feel free to ask or jump in on any open topic. Someone will get back to you as soon as they can to point you in the right direction.

I was lucky that my husband, while he doesn’t believe in this & says that it’s not his “thing”, is supportive & will make my items or buy me crystals & jewelry related to my practice. He also likes that as he puts it, “You always have something interesting to put in the fire.” (I like to add sage :herb:, rosemary, palo santo slivers to the coals of our fire :fire: pit)

Your mother reminds me of when I was practicing & still new to all of it when I was younger & my mom thought that I had some kind of something outside our house & the cat was trying to protect us from it & then told me that I have to keep away from the evil. Of course, that evolved the totally wrong way for me because she didn’t completely understand Wicca or witchcraft & it turned into I was worshiping Satan in my room. She was the first person to introduce me to astrology, divination, and crystals… but was raised Roman Catholic & so were my brother & I. The understanding just wasn’t there just the concept? :thinking: Not really sure on that one, but she originally was the reason I was interested at all.

The courses section does cover many topics, so take your time going through each one & find what flows with your practice & feels good or right. Another great way to find what works for you is the :unicorn: Weekly Witchy Challenges, the current one will end on Tuesday morning at 7 AM EST. You can find other witche’s interpretations of the challenge & either read the entries or enter your own.

I look forward to speaking with you soon! Feel free to reach out if you need anything! :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you so very much! I truly appreciate it!

6 Likes

Hi @tasha9! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

The thing about this place is that it’s okay to be in over your head. The courses will help straighten you out and give you a general direction to go and that really helps. You can do the weekly challenges or not but if you do you’ll be learning a lot and they are oodles of fun. As long as you try, it’s all good.

The best part is that if you have any questions, you just need to ask and someone will pop up to help you out. This group is a helpful bunch of people, we don’t hoard knowledge to ourselves.

It was nice to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you better!

7 Likes

Hi @tasha9 you are going to love it here and learn so much! This is the safest group of people you will ever meet. So welcome and I look forward to interacting with you.

7 Likes

Merry meet and welcome @tasha9 :infinite_roots: I’m Marsha, an eclectic witch from Colorado. I’m sure you will love it here, everyone is so friendly and helpful. There’s so much information here and if you have any questions, just ask.
:heart:

6 Likes

Merry meet Tasha! My name is Stephanie and I’m a eclectic witch from California. Everything that has been said is very true! All these lovely ladies and many more members are always available, loving and kind, and so full of wisdom. Their hugs are big and you will feel at home here. Spells8 is my favorite place to be any day of the week. If you ever need anything or have a question, I am always available too!

Blessed be love and welcome! :heart: :maple_leaf: :sunflower: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Welcome Tasha!
I’m new too and learning so very much every day! Enjoy the adventure!

6 Likes

Thank you all of you wonderful ladies!!! I really appreciate all of you!!!

7 Likes

Merry meet @tasha9,

Just jumping in to join the welcoming crew- it’s a pleasure to meet you, Tasha! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. It is natural to have a lot of uncertainties at the beginning of your journey, so rest assured that you have a supportive coven here to help. Feel free to reach out in the Q&A Category to get the answers you seek! :infinite_roots: :heart:

Looking forward to chatting with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.