Hello fellow sisters and brothers

Hello,

My name is Denise. I am a 56 year old woman from California. I have never really committed to walking any formal religious path but instead pursue a deep commitment to meditation and self-reflection. Lately during my meditations, the name Gaia keeps coming up and I feel this deep need to connect with the earth. I am here to enjoy your community and learn so much from you all.

Merry meet!!

11 Likes

Hello Denise! I’m Mia! :blush: from Central, Virginia! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Hey @denise8. Im Christeena, and 42 yrs old. I live in central North Carolina. I also dont follow a religion.

6 Likes

@denise8 welcome! I’m Siofra_Strega from Cape Cod.

I was raised Roman Catholic, but that didn’t jive with me from a young age. I don’t feel like this is a formal religion, but more of a personal belief system, path, journey… I am very eclectic & lean more towards Celtic :triquetra: Paganism & work with 2 Goddesses of the Celtic :triskele: Pantheon.

I love meditation, mindfulness, and awareness of myself. I have been working on that for quite a while & through a lot of healing & forward motion, I am more in touch with my intuition than I have been in a long time. There was a wall of blocks that I had to start knocking down & here I am today transforming those blocks into stepping stones.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask or share any information that you may have with us. Someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Everyone here is very friendly & supportive.

Personally, I like to use the Insight Timer app. It’s free for 100s of 1000s of meditations for just about everything & things you haven’t thought of yet. Another good podcast is The Tarot Diagnosis, I listen to it on Spotify. They are licensed therapists that relate therapy with tarot cards. It’s a really good podcast. Another one is Round the Cauldron by our own @MeganB… I have that one on my Spotify too. She shares a lot of her things within the forum & YouTube for us too. The Eclectic Green Witchery website is also another good YouTube channel by our @SilverBear.

5 Likes

Welcome! I’m so glad you’ve come! I am Ailey from Georgia. You are going to love it here! I can’t wait to get to know you and I am happy to be a part of your path!

5 Likes

Merry meet, Denise!

I’m Kat and currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I found my way home a couple of years ago and shortly thereafter found this amazing group of people!! I am a fairly eclectic Green witch with a deep interest in tarot, runes, and moon magic. My current deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and the Morrigan, a recent guide in my life.

So glad to have you here!

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the hello and info. I absolutely love Insight Timer. What a great platform. I also use an app called FitMind. I feel that I will definitely lean toward an eclectic path. Right now, I am enjoying the beginner lessons here. I love that I can reach out as I encounter questions. I am sure that I will have many. :heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

HI @denise8! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

This is a great place to learn about paganism. I think what I like best about it is that you can shape it to your own needs, you know? If you want to cast a circle, that’s good, if not, that’s good too. It’s all about your intention and needs.

I read that you have found the Courses, that’s great! They are a great way to start here on the forum. Also, keep an eye out for a post tomorrow called Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week. It’ll have what’s going on in the forum listed and what kind of activities we’re up to for the week. It’s a great way to get to know people too!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

6 Likes

Merry Meet and Welcome Home :infinite_roots: @denise8

I am Marsha, an Eclectic Witch, from Colorado. I meditate too, one of my favorites involves connecting my Heart to the Heart of the Earth. There’s lots of information here on Spells8, I searched on Gaia and found several articles that might interest you. I am so glad you have joined us Denise (my daughters middle name) and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy:
The Other Marsha

6 Likes

Merry meet Denise, I’m Destinee from Columbus Ohio. Welcome.

6 Likes

Merry meet @Denise8,

Welcome to the forum- it’s a pleasure to meet you! :blush:

Gaia is a lovely deity to work with- I imagine that exploring and depending your bond with Mother Earth will help take your meditation practice to new heights :person_in_lotus_position: :earth_americas: Wishing you all the best with your work with Her! :green_heart:

As for the forum family, please make yourself at home here. There are also ongoing Activities including weekly rituals, free readings on Fridays, a book club, challenges, and more- you are warmly invited to join anything and everything that calls to you :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the links on Gaia. I am excited to meditate on her and learn more about her. I am already really feeling welcome here.

Thanks everyone.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.