Hello from Conn/New England

Thank you Ailey (and everyone else, since I’m not sure I said it explicitly) for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

I’ve been burying myself in all the lessons available through the main site, so I haven’t even had much time to venture into the forum beyond the replies to this post. I will get there! Time is something I always need to manifest more of. :sweat_smile:

Thanks again! I really am eager to get to know everyone better.

8 Likes

Merry meet @gardenstone,

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to your magick! :sparkles: I’m sorry you had a bad experience with another witch- the magickal community is an amazing one, but unfortunately not every witch is a nice one. That being said, I’m confident you’ll find nothing but warmth and positivity here! :heart::infinite_roots:

I am wishing you all the best in your fight against cancer and I am cheering you on as you write- that is so cool! :star_struck: I’m going to join Amethyst in fangirling, it’s always such a delight to meet a published author :blush::two_hearts:

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give a shout- your coven is here for you!

Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

@gardenstone I just bought Flotsam in your Peridot series and started reading it yesterday. Im excited!! I’d love to get to know you better since we both live close, have cancer and are writers. I’m not published in fiction but I am working on it and I have many articles non-fiction published. Here’s to good health and a happy week! JJ

7 Likes

I’d love this as well!

Thank you for picking up Flotsam, I hope it brings you adventure and joy. It’s amazing now to realize how much of that story emerged from my dormant love of magick.

It’s so nice to have access to a larger field of fellow and advanced witches. I was very isolated as a fledgeling practitioner and it was easy to imagine that my one bad experience with a very self-gratifying, drama-loving, and (later) threatening person represented the rest of the community.

The welcome here has been wonderful, though, and it’s so nice to find a consistent and overflowing resource for formalizing my practice beyond what was already starting to emerge from following my instincts.

7 Likes

There is a whole world of witches out there, and if I can guarantee one thing- it’s that when you have access to the vast magickal community, there will always be more to learn and explore! :books::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m so glad you’ve felt welcomed here- stay as long as you’d like! :blush: You’ve got a great passion for learning and growing, and I have a feeling you’re going to thrive on your magickal path. Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Just an update to note, for those who might have been looking forward to getting to know me, that I changed my forum name so that I’d feel a bit more freedom to have conversations in a public forum. :blush:

6 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you for letting us know! :revolving_hearts: I look forward to speaking with you & your new name :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thank you for the update and congrats on your new name, Garden Stone! It’s a really beautiful name to wear and it suits you well :bouquet: :green_heart: :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thank you! I wanted to capture my primary interests and practices, which are gardening and working with my gems and minerals. It feels a bit odd to have an internet handle again, since most of my online interactions have been rather open about my identity (either for book promotion or podcasting, and so on). I’m surprised I didn’t revert back to the one I used a couple decades ago (luna-nofre), but I guess I’m not the same person as way back then!

6 Likes

I noticed that! @gardenstone

Your name is interesting… I was wondering about it? If you don’t mind sharing. I love my Magick Garden so I am into all things garden related, including stones.

Also, I think the flowers in your profile photo are really pretty. What kind are they?

With love :heart: & magick :dizzy: always,
The Other Marsha

6 Likes

Change is natural- it’s a sign that you are constantly learning, growing, and moving along your exciting journey! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m glad you found a name that embodies who you are as you are right now. May you continue to wear it with pride, Garden Stone! :heart:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

Thank you! They’re the snapdragons beside my outside office, and I caught them just blooming in that photo. Sadly they haven’t been happy with the drought we’ve had this week, and don’t look as healthy at the moment. I am trying to support them with extra care, along with all the flowers in my various gardens around the yard!

Yes, I definitely don’t mind. It was just funny to me when I realized my brain didn’t shoot straight for that old handle when given the opportunity!

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome to this community. I’m really enjoying the positive support I see constantly going back and forth. It is definitely the coven I never had as a young practitioner!

Blessed be! (And happy Lughnasadh!)

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.