Hello from Conn/New England

Greetings all! I am a bit of a born-again witch. I had a bad experience with another witch in high school and fell away from practicing for the longest time.

Recently, I found a friend was as into stones and crystals as I am, and it re-awoke my practice with those, at the same time I began to edge into tarot again (at first just because the artwork is enthralling and the different decks we can find on crowdfunding platforms now are amazing).

It took me a while to formalize the feelings, but now I have started a binder for my Book of Shadows and I have a dedicated altar space. I also recently started gardening as a way to get away from the computer, so I am trying to learn how to dry herbs and use them as a way to boost the positive energies in my life and the lives of those I love.

I’m sure it can’t be a coincidence that I am reaching for this practice again as I also work to defeat a stage IV adenoid cystic cancer that I was diagnosed with in 2020 (after battling for medical attention throughout 2019 when I knew something was off).

I’m still a baby witch but I’m far more advanced than I ever got in my teens (though I did have an exceptionally cool altar to Bast in my bedroom that I will have to dedicate some space to recreating).

Anyway, I absolutely stumbled my way here, probably starting from something Pinterest showed me, and now here I am! I’d love if I have found a community of practitioners who can help me along my way, and heal the lingering trauma from that bad teenage witch experience.

Looking forward to getting to know you, and getting further along my journey!

10 Likes

Welcome @gardenstone!! I am from Houston, TX but my parents are originally from Massachusetts and New Hampshire. I too am starting my journey “again” later in life. My mom found the Craft when I was a teenager and while it peaked my interest, I was at that rebellious she and wanted nothing to do with my mom and refused my path until about 2 years ago. I can’t say what really drew me back but I know in my heart that this is where I was meant to be.

This coven/forum is an amazing group of people full of love, support, and things of information - funny be afraid to ask questions!

Have you seen the courses yet? There is a self initiation (witchcraft 101), spell casting 101, green witchcraft, and others. I also personally like the Daily Devotional and Lunar Ritual as a way to incorporate the Craft into my daily life.

There is also find of information here in the forum and you can easily search for just about anything. Be sure to check out our Weekly Witchy Challenge (this week is about crafting with the Craft) and the weekly Magickal News where’d you can find the happenings for the upcoming week.

Again, Welcome and Merry Meet!!

7 Likes

Hi @gardenstone! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum!

You’re so very brave to not let one bad witch put you off all the others! And good for you for battling cancer and winning! That takes a lot of strength! You’ll fit right in here!

If you have any questions or anything like that just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

7 Likes

Thank you both for the warm words of welcome!

I feel like I should also add to my introduction that I’m a published Science Fiction and Fantasy (and sometimes Horror) author, as well as a graphic designer.

I tend to overwork myself, but I’m hoping the epiphany I had this morning—that all those idioms and sayings about time escaping our grasps in various ways—will not be quickly forgotten, and I will remember that when I can’t fit all my plans into a single day, I am not personally failing in ways that no one else does! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Wow, an author! Pardon me while I fangirl! I’m a big reader and I love to read new things. LOL! I can’t wait to chat more!

6 Likes

@gardenstone
Like many things we do or join, it isn’t what we joined, it’s the hypocrite’s or those who are so puffed up with 'look at me, aren’t I great that drive away people who truly need to be a part of something bigger.
With anything you approach or learn, always question…
everything. If the answers you get make you feel uncomfortable, it may be wrong. Question, question, question,
You’ll love it here. The members are devoted, kind, empathetic and genuinely loving.
The subject is exciting and exhilarating.

Magic, as we have socially come to believe in is entertainment. This may pulling the rabbit (that was already there) out of a black hat. Slight of hand. That’s all.
But Magick is more like an innate ability that all of us are born with. It takes many years but I feel the loss of innocence, of imagination is also the loss of Magick.
Take heart, it takes very little to rekindle its flame.
Magick isn’t easy but it is easily attainable with guidance. I promise, you will never stop learning.
And when you question or fear. Go to FORUM, we’re a very helpful group.
Blessed be, stay safe and know you are loved.
Garnet

8 Likes

Welcome!!! I too live in CT/NE and am pleased to get to know you - I have practiced all of my adult like but not always in the open even now as I do not want to deal with the grief others pass on from their own insecurities and uncomfortableness with my craft. I am an empath so it affects me tremendously. I’ve learned many ways to stay authentic while averting their judgy dispositions. Welcome!!

7 Likes

I’m with @Amethyst and over here wanting to learn more about your work! That is literally the only genres I read outside of books related to the Craft or paganism.

7 Likes

Welcome @gardenstone, the wonderful @Amaris_Bane covered most of the links for getting around the forum & courses. As others have said, please feel free to ask any questions or share any information you may have with us! Someone will be along to respond & help you along your way.

The courses are great information for people reconnecting with their paths. I came back to my path after a layover period for various reasons in 2020 & stumbled upon the site in June that year. In July I finally formally joined & since then I have found out so much about myself, the craft, & feeling what is right for me. No two witches practice the same & that is perfectly fine! It’s been a great transformation for me over the last two years. I hope you feel at home & know that we are all here for you :two_hearts:

I’m from Cape Cod, so it’s nice to meet someone from the area & an established author! We have a lot of members that love to read & will be excited to learn more!

7 Likes

I think I’ve already gotten a sense that I am an empty marine shell and open to receive the wisdom and surprises that Magick will bring. I am delighted to have found this community, and so happy that compassion is so clearly given priority over ego here.

Oh, thank you all! I am happy to chat if anyone is really curious but—so as not to get all self-promotional—for now I’ll just mention that you can learn more at rjtheodorecom <3

8 Likes

@gardenstone
Thanks for the ability to contact you but, honey, it’s not a good idea to give out your email. It’s discouraged for you are too precious to us to take your safety for granted. There’s too many pervs out there. You’re safe among us but others visit too.
Because I love you and welcome you, I say
:slight_smile:
Blessed be, Stay safe & know you are loved.
Garnet
Visit Forum, it’s private.

6 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @gardenstone

I am Marsha an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. I’m so glad you have joined us and I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

With Love :heart: and Magick :dizzy:

6 Likes

They didn’t give an email but a website to their published work because many of us expressed interest in learning more about it.

7 Likes

Sorry, I was just concerned.

6 Likes

S0rry Rekka, I misunderstood
Garnet

7 Likes

No problem!! Thank you for looking out! It is wise not to publicly share our information these days as you said. I didn’t mean to come across rude if I did. I’m an ISTJ and tend to be very blunt.

8 Likes

Thanks to everyone who is looking out for my best interests even as I’m so new to the forum! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Wow. Your works look very interesting! I’ll have to add that Peridot series to my Wish List!

7 Likes

Thank you for taking a look! I’m very proud of the Peridot Shift series, especially of the second editions (and book three’s first edition).
I reworked through books 1&2 after the publisher shut down in 2021 and my rights reverted, and I got to apply everything I’ve learned, making them even better and cleaning up things that got past the first publishing rounds.
Now I’m just a few months away from finally completing the trilogy!

7 Likes

Welcome! I am Ailey from Georgia! I am glad you’re here! I’m happy to be a part of your journey! I look forward to getting to know you in the forum!

8 Likes