Hello from Japan!

Hello everyone! My name is TJ :wave:

I’ve been interested in Wicca for many years thanks to a chance encounter with a wonderful witch, but it’s only recently that I’ve felt truly called to it. I’ve shipped some books over from the States, and I’ve been studying on my own, but I’m very excited at the prospect of having others to look to for guidance.
I’m very excited for Imbolc, as it will be the first Sabbat that I’ll be celebrating after dedicating myself! I look forward to meeting you all :smiley:

17 Likes

Welcome, TJ!

You’ll find so many wonderful, helpful people here :slight_smile: I’m fairly new to witchcraft and have learned a great deal from the people in the forums. This coming Imbolc will be my first celebration as well.

I look forward to getting to know you more! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Welcome! My name is Melissa and I live in Alaska. :snowflake: I’m glad you were able to collect some books! :books: I’m a book addict myself, lol.

There’s a wealth of information here and on the website that’s for sure, and the people here on the forums are great. It’s like a family! :heart:

If you need any inspiration for Imbolc, there’s a great thread going on for ideas:

https://forum.spells8.com/t/imbolg-2023-coven-celebrations/33738

Enjoy and have fun! :pentagram:

9 Likes

Hi @TJ_Vellichor! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia over here in the States! Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s great to have you here! What kinds of books did you buy? Have you found the Courses yet? They’re a great way to start on this site.

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you better!

9 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @TJ_Vellichor

I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I’m so happy you have joined us, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better! Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

9 Likes

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I’ll check out the links you’ve shared with me!

@Amethyst The first book I finished was Natural Magick by Lindsay Squire, and now I’m going through the recommended books in the back–currently reading The Witch’s Book of Self-Care by Arin Murphy-Hiscock. I’ll be starting the courses on here this week!

10 Likes

Did you like the book? It’s on my to read list.

10 Likes

I really enjoyed it! I found it to be a great intro, and it covered a lot of topics without getting overwhelming. Out of all the books I purchased, that was the one I kept going back to. I feel it will continue to be one of my main references for many months to come until I have a solid foundation. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Welcome TJ!

9 Likes

Welcome! It’s wonderful to have you here!

9 Likes

Welcome. As someone who spend many of my younger years and a number of my military years in japan. I welcome you. I miss it and hope to move there in a few years

8 Likes

Ooh, I’ve read The Witch’s Book of Self-Care, it’s a good one! I hope you enjoy it!

7 Likes

@TJ_Vellichor welcome to the forum! I’m Siofra_Strega from Cape Cod, USA & a moderator within the forum… my brother was recently in Tokyo & sent me a wonderful picture of downtown! :heart_eyes:

I have the Witch’s Book of Self Care on my Kindle to read list… but I am very much a physical book person, so it takes me a little longer to read the Kindle versions :laughing: But I really want to read that one! :smiling_face:

The courses are great & also be on the lookout for the Merry Meet Monday that will be out tomorrow morning here by around 10 AM EST. Somewhere around there… there is also the :technologist: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Technology & Modern Magick that is happening if you would like to see how others have entered & possibly have an entry of your own! :hugs: It’s on my to-do list for today at the latest, or I will forget. :rofl:

If you have any questions or anything to share feel free to ask or jump in on any open topic! I look forward to speaking with you more! :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Merry meet @TJ_Vellichor,

I’m Bry, another moderator here in the forum- wishing you a very warm welcome! :heart:

Goodness, I miss the post in Japan! When I lived over there they never lost a single package of mine and things always seemed to arrive early, even way out in the countryside :package: :sparkles:

I’m glad you’ve been finding materials and have been able to pursue your studies, TJ, and I’m happy to say you’ve just unlocked a whole bunch more great witchy resources! Please make yourself at home here and do let us know if there are any topics in particular you are focusing on- the coven is here and happy to help :books::blush:

Wishing you all the best for your upcoming self-dedication! Have a very happy and blessed Imbolc too :heart::candle:

Blessed be!

8 Likes

Wow. You are all so very welcoming! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you for all the information and love!

@LadyDennaRahl Yes! I was also mil before coming out here! Sad to say that my service didn’t bring me out, but I’m happy living here now. If you need any help when you move over here, feel free to reach out!

@Amethyst

Ooh, I’ve read The Witch’s Book of Self-Care, it’s a good one! I hope you enjoy it!

Wonderful! I’m excited to really get into it.

@Susurrus I’m the same way- I need those physical books!
I just opened up the Merry Meet in another tab. and I’ll be checking that out next! Thank you :slight_smile:

@BryWisteria Yes, the post here is fantastic!
At the moment, I’m just trying to absorb as much information as I can, but I’m definitely interested in building my own herbal compendium. I love making bath goods, like bombs and such, and it would be wonderful to be able to make some with specific intentions.

Thank you all again for the well-wishes!

9 Likes

You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy the forum & the courses :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Merry Meet! Glad you’re here. I think you’ll love it as much as we all do. There’s sooooo much wonderful knowledge here to be soaked up! Welcome and Blessed Be! :white_heart::magic_wand::sparkles::herb:

8 Likes

@TJ_Vellichor Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 42, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 42 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs, I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again, welcome!!!

9 Likes

That’s so exciting! There are so many fun herbs out there to explore :herb::sparkles::blush:

May I ask if you are using something like a Materia Medica to keep track of your herbal studies? I started using my own version of a magickal Materia Medica not too long ago and made a free template in case anyone else was interested- feel free to take/use/adapt them if you’d like! Link in the forum is here: Magickal Materia Medica Pages (PDF)

Wishing you all the best with your herbal studies! And with the crafting too- bath bombs are awesome!

Good luck and blessed be :green_heart: :grinning:

8 Likes

Oh I have this downloaded on my phone. I should read it lol. Thank you!

8 Likes