Hello, I am a solitary beginner and seeker

Hello & Merry Meet,

I have flirted with mysticism and witchcraft for many years as a solitary practitioner. And now I find your community. A safe place to explore - not in secret but in community. I look forward to exploring. I am grateful for the pathway you’ve laid. I am searching for my name and my goddess aspect.

Yesterday, I consecrated my tools and set up my altar - not in a hidden closet. Even though I live alone, it’s scary to reveal this. And today, scrolling through the books for bookclub, I realized that I am drawn to candles and crystals. So I’ll start my exploration there.

Thank you so very much for existing and blessed be.

17 Likes

Hi welcome :grin: I am very much into candles and herbs. I totally understand how big of a deal to have your alter ‘out in the open’ is. Mine is in the basement because it is the only practice space for it. I do have an alter to Fortuna on a shelf in the front room(it is also a money bowl).

12 Likes

Hi @pamela14! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Congrats on setting up your first public altar. It’s difficult to balance the need to live your life on your terms and the nervousness. You’ve taken the first step!

Keep an eye out for tomorrow’s Merry Meet Monday post. It will tell you what’s going on and what activities we’re doing. HERE is last week’s so you can get the feel of it.

It’s also a great way to get to know people by chit-chatting in the comments. I look forward to getting to know you!

10 Likes

Welcome pamela!!

10 Likes

Merry Meet @pamela14! Welcome to the forum & I am Siofra from Cape Cod!

Congratulations on setting up your altar & consecrating your tools. Mine is the top of my dresser & then all my other witchy things are in my bedroom. I like it because I can keep it up & just shut my door.

@Amethyst gave you a great link for the Merry Meet Monday post. We have a Course section on the Spells8, there is a lot of information there to start with & then always feel free to ask any questions or share anything with us.

Someone will get back to you as soon as they can & point you in the right direction.

11 Likes

Merry meet @pamela14 :blush:

Congrats to you for coming out of the broom closet- I’m really proud of you for following your heart and for finding pride in your beliefs, it’s a huge accomplishment! :heart::raised_hands:

How exciting to consecrate your tools and set up your altar, I am sure everything is looking amazing! Candles and crystals are both wonderful areas of magick to explore- I know others have shared some helpful links, but have you come across the Candle Magick 101 Guide? It’s very helpful for candle magick:

Types-of-Candles-and-Burn-times

Wishing you all the best with your studies- please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! The community is here for you, so share questions or just chat if you’d like- there is something wonderful about having a coven at your call :infinite_roots: :blush:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

11 Likes

Merry meet, @pamela14, welcome, so glad you are here :magic_wand:

11 Likes

Welcome, @pamela14!! I’m so glad you’re here!! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Welcome Pamela! I, too, love crystals and candles!

10 Likes

Congratulations or coming out of the broom closet.
Welcome to the Spell8 site as a sister in the craft. Here you will find acceptance, tolerance and support.
We’ve all been challenged, berated and bullied by intolerance.
Not here, we have an amazing library for you to use.
The Q&A section may answer many questions. Look into Lessons, it has so much to offer. Plus you have the advantage of witches from around the world to talk with or ask questions.
So many others will address you, welcome you and enjoy talking with you.
Be blessed, Stay safe and know you are loved.
Garnet

11 Likes

Welcome @pamela14 I am so glad you are here, its really nice to get to live authentically and you will learn so much here. I look forward to chatting!

11 Likes

Merry Meet @pamela14 :heart:
Welcome! I’m so glad you are here.

9 Likes

Welcome to the coven, Pamela! We’re happy to have you :blush:

8 Likes

@pamela14 Hooray! Welcome! I’m a newbie to this group also. Congratulations and stay true and be proud friend!

7 Likes

Hey Lissa😁 just wanted to also welcome you to the group

8 Likes

Hello and welcome!

I was a little nervous when I set up my first altar too. I live with my husband who is not religious at all (reformed catholic/practicing atheist) but he has been very supportive of my beliefs and I currently have several different altars scattered around the house together with a whole bookshelf of my witchy stuff!

7 Likes

Thank you so much @flowing ! :black_heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.