Merry Meet Monday- Magick News of the Week! Jan 31 šŸŒø

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Sabbat: Pagan Holiday :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

Get ready to enjoy a pagan holiday on Tuesday, February 1st !

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will experience the pagan holiday Imbolc :candle:

Imbolc-Wiccan-Solitary-Ritual-Celebration-800x530

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

Feel free to share your altar decorations, crafting, celebrations and more in Imbolg 2022 :blossom: Coven Celebrations !

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Lughnasadh :bread:

What-is-Lughnasadh-360x240

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

Click on the pictures and links above for more information about these exciting holidays!

You can also visit the Wheel of the Year page to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Tuesday, February 1st - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

[New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, February 3rd - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Spells8 Group Tea Time

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If youā€™d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, February 4th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These ongoing activities are open to enjoy whenever youā€™d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: The Lunisolar Calendar and Chinese Zodiac :tiger:

Lunisolar Lunar New Year Zodiac Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, February 1st at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Lunisolar Calendar and Zodiac :tiger:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: February 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this monthā€™s oracle discussion will close on Monday, February 28 .

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found on the daily in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit February 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this monthā€™s discussion will close on Monday, February 28th .

[ [ Crystal Giveaway :gem: ] ]

@Christina4 is kindly offering a crystal giveaway open to all members of the forum!

Visit the Crystal Giveaway Post to learn more about what you can do for a chance to win some sparkly prizes :sparkles:

78e06f196157f012b73d839423e5cb1f7320228b_2_562x750

Just be sure to get your giveaway entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, February 2nd !

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Jan 14 - Feb 11)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, February 11th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighidā€™s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as youā€™d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@diana7, @tanya11, @dionne, @LissaMay222, @jeanine, @amber44, @alex7, @andrea36, @kat6, @jm1, @cassie2, @amelia3, @michelle42, @deborah13, @Deanna11, @Uchechi, @rhonda1, @cassandra8, @heather49, @becky5, @jana3, @ambergcs, @charlotte12, @amanda55, @kathleen5, @vanessa15, @triplemoonlove9091, @Tirus_Silver, @crystal2, @christina27, @Wysteria_Norn, @AnJuhLah, @tracey4, @susie1, @maria19, @courtney11, @rhonda2, @alicia16, @spirit, @jennifer81, @maurice, @shamari, @NewDebbie, @brandon2, @audrey3, @audrey4, @GeminiGoddess523, @emma1, @Spaderz, @Adrianne, @morgan13, @shanice, @lakisha1, @jessica85, @cheryl6, @deblin1, @jacqueline8, @stacy8, @olivia6, @rosemarie3, @jeannie3, @gigi2, @Storyspinner, @nicole39, @chad1, @michelle43, @jessica88, @bethany6, @christina28, @yanna, @WillowKing, @angela35, @lola2, @karin2, @jennifer82, @mari3, @samantha54, @keela, @danica

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Well done to @triplemoonlove9091 for sharing the most posts over the past seven days! :writing_hand: It is a pleasure to have you here in the forum- thanks for jumping in! :blush:

• Congrats to @Rachel21 for giving out the most hearts, on a three-week streak! :heart: You offer so much love to everyone around you- thank you for your generosity! :heart_decoration:

After a three-week streak at the top of the hearts pedestal, @Rachel21 will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Picture from Gather Victoria: Recipes for a Feast of Light: Reviving Imbolc

:blossom: Blessed Sabbat! :bread:

Whether itā€™s Imbolc or Lughnasadh, what are your holiday plans for the occasion? :tada: Will you be working any New Moon Magick this week? :new_moon_with_face:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :cherry_blossom: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Congratulations to @triplemoonlove9091 and @rachel21 for all youā€™ve done for the forum this week. Great job yā€™all!

Iā€™m doing the Imbolc ritual from the book Iā€™m reading tomorrow evening. Itā€™s funny, nearly everyone says that Imbolc is on the 1st this year but my datebook still has it on Wednesday. Glad I was planning on doing it tomorrow anyhow. I guess the datebook is used to putting it with Groundhog Day.

I donā€™t remember if the groundhog sees his shadow or not weā€™ll get six more weeks of winter but whichever one it is, I hope weā€™ll have an early spring. Not gonna hold my breath though.

Hope you all have a good holiday tomorrow!

6 Likes

Glad to be here! Thank you! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congratulations witches @triplemoonlove9091 @rachel21 for the most posts and all the love shown to everyone.

7 Likes

New moon, new me! :grin: Together with Imbolc and Februalia I thought it would be perfect time to finally write something in the profile and clean it up a little. And renew my membership, Iā€™m glad I got to finally do that. Now I can reply to all the topics again and do courses and meditations and, andā€¦ *squees* :star_struck:

I have to sayā€¦ what an entrance @triplemoonlove9091! Iā€™m in love with your energy. :sparkles: :flushed: :zap:

(Maybe I need to ground myself, but first letā€™s bask a littleā€¦ :joy:)

7 Likes

:heart::heart:

Why, thank you! I get told that a lot. Lol. I have a very hyperactive bubbly personality. Hahaha.

7 Likes

What an amazing gift, seriously! :heart_eyes:
Me, Iā€™m kinda like a crystal I think. What I feel around me I resonate with. Bubbly is very good! :grin: :bubbles: :sparkles:

6 Likes

@Amethyst I think thatā€™s absolutely fine! :blush: The Sabbats do tend to meld between days- Iā€™ve seen a few sources saying that Imbolc begins today (Tuesday the 1st) but continues into Wednesday the 2nd. Perhaps the Sabbats donā€™t like to be restricted by the modern calendar :grin: :+1: Enjoy your Imbolc celebrations, Amethyst! And goodness, I forgot about Groundhog Day- letā€™s see what the little guy has to say about spring :beaver: (no gopher emoji, but close enough :joy:)

@triplemoonlove9091 Congrats again! :heart:

@CelestiaMoon Weā€™re all blessed to have you back, Celestia- and what a return! Cheers to the new you under the new moon :clinking_glasses: :new_moon_with_face:

It is the Lunar/Chinese New Year and Imbolc (Northern Hemisphere) and Lughnasadh (Southern Hemisphere) today- a real day for celebrations! :partying_face:

Hope everyone has a fun time and a very blessed day! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Too much fire energy, sorry about that. Thank Goddess itā€™s Wednesday.

4 Likes

@CelestiaMoon Maybe itā€™s funny coming from me with so much water in my charts, but I love a good healthy dose of fire energy- keeps things exciting! :grin: :fire: Keep on burning brightly, Celestia :wink: :+1:

And yes, cheers to Wednesday! :partying_face:

Althoughā€¦ Groundhog Day doesnā€™t seem to be off to the best start. It looks like Punxsutawney Philā€™s counterpart in NJ died just before his moment in the spotlight: hereā€™s the article from The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Iā€™m not sure what time Phil will be doing his thing- Iā€™ll have my eye on the news throughout the day! :beaver: :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Congratulations @triplemoonlove9091 & @rachel21, great job ladies! Itā€™s nice to have you in the forum each day!

Iā€™m having an alright week so far. Still adjusting from the randomness of schedules this week due to power outages & road conditions. Getting better every day though.

I think I may brush up on some astrology this week. I havenā€™t really studied it much since the fall, so a refresher may not be bad.

Iā€™m going to my friendā€™s house for coffee :coffee: once my daughter is off to school & some things are finished up around the house.

6 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday.