Hello, I'm Malchior 👋

Greetings and salutations, I am Malchior from Pennsylvania and it is my pleasure to meet you all. A little bit about myself. I have always had some connection to Nature and the Spiritual ever since I was a child. I have see entities (both of good and of malevolent in nature), I saw the spirit of my late Grandmother the night that she passed away, and that’s just the tip of the occurrences that I’ve experienced throughout my life thus far. Although my family was raised first Catholic then of Christian religion, I myself have always felt different and couldn’t find the freedom until I was finally on my own back in 1997 when it was then that I performed my Self Initiation rutual into Wicca.

Since, I have been forced to walk this path as a Solitary Witch as there are no known covens near me and I’ve not crossed paths with any fellow practitioners of The Craft. I had a true familiar named Salem (a tuxedo cat who adopted me), but he’s since passed and I still can’t bring myself to find another that will adopt me as a guardian. He was truly special.

I’ve searched the Internet for a place to find both knowledge and friendship but it’s been a difficult and costly road. I found myself here on Spells8 after viewing many Youtube videos on circle casting and came across the one by Spells8 which I found to be very good for me. It caused me to find out more about what Spells8 had to offer and after reading some of the content and reviews, I finally decided to join and now I am hopeful that my search for a place to learn, grow as a Wiccan, and made a few friends along the way is finally concluded.

Merry meet and brightest blessings to you all.

14 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Malchior :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I hope you don’t mind, but I moved your introduction to its own post so it doesn’t get lost :blush: I’m also a solitary witch, preferring the company of myself in practice rather than others. It’s much easier for me, and I’m okay with that.

I hope you find everything alright here at Spells8 :infinite_roots: please feel free to make yourself at home!

9 Likes

Hello Megan and thank you for reaching out to me. I appreciate you moving my post, I couldn’t find the option to create a new one (only the Reply option was available to me). I’m still navigating the site so I do apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused.

I also am ok with being a Solitary Witch. Only my younger sister (who is a practicing Shaman), knows of my lifestyle. And you are right, it is much easier practicing by one’s own self.

I feel deep within me that I’ll be happy here and I’ve read so many positive reviews that I am hopeful.

Brightest Blessing to you.

10 Likes

No worries, @Malchior :blush: Sometimes, if your account is too new, the forum software won’t let you create your own post. No inconvenience caused - I’m happy to move the post! :revolving_hearts:

I’m positive you’ll fit right in here and find many friends – we’re a great place, if I do say so myself, and there are so many amazing people here!

9 Likes

I can’t begin to tell you just how happy that makes me feel right now. I cannot thank you enough for the warm welcome and look forward to many good moments and much more knowledge in the times yet to come.

9 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and am currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I found my way home a couple of years ago and shortly thereafter found this amazing group of people!! I am a fairly eclectic Green witch with a deep interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and Hekate, a recent guide in my life.

So sorry about the loss of Salem. :frowning_face: I know how difficult the grieving process can be as I lost my Donut in March 2023 and not a day goes by that I don’t think of or miss him.

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

10 Likes

Warm welcome to you @Malchior ! Welcome home :house_with_garden: I haven’t heard of any witches near me either so don’t feel bad. I also am sorry for the loss of your beloved Salem. May he rest in peace :dove: and when you are ready may he/she find you. :heart:

My name is Devenne I’m an eclectic witch who is very open. I’m from Indiana I also have cats. Tom is my shadow.

Old pic of him

I love it here and I hope you will to. Have a question ask, have a struggles we are here for everyone as best as we can be. Everyone has their own unique path and choices and we love them all the same. I can learn something from anyone. Feel free to jump :kangaroo: on in.

Blessed be

9 Likes

welcome to the forum it’s our pleasure to have you here My name is Airram and I’m from Greece welcome!for anything you need, don’t hesitate to ask

9 Likes

Hi, @Malchior! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

This is a great place to learn and make friends! We have weekly challenges and group rituals that will help you do just that. Keep an eye out for a post tomorrow called Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week and it will not only tell you what all is going on but give you a chance to talk about what’s going on in your life so you can start making friends.

I look forward to getting to know you!

9 Likes

@Malchior welcome! :hugs: so glad you’re here! I’m Beth. Also from Pennsylvania! I’m from northeast PA. Where are you?
I’m so sorry about Salem. I hope you find a home here, as I have. Everyone here is kind and caring. We’re all here to support and guide each other! :blush::heart::people_hugging:

7 Likes

Welcome, @Malchior! It’s lovely to meet you. I’m Katerina, from Australia. :smile: What a journey you’ve been on! I hope you continue to find what you’re looking for here. :black_heart:

8 Likes

Greetings Artemisia and thank you for the warm welcome. It is also a pleasure to meet you and I do hope th find more wonderful individuals such as yourself here. Salem was special, when I went to the animal shelter and saw him, he came up to the front of his cage and was bumping his head againest the door as if trying to get out. When the staff member opened his cage, he literally walked across her arm and behind her to get to me. I knew then that he had choosen me. He spent the first three days behind my stero system but after that, he made himself at home. I remember how he would find me in my meditation room and he’d sit there until I was finished. He’d look in on me at night before going to bed himself. He was more then just a familiar, he was my friend. He went to the Summerlands in late 2004. I worked overnight and never got the change to say goodbye.
I broke up with the person I was seeing shortly thereafter (for other reasons) and moved to a new apartment in 2005 with just my belongings. I remember one day sitting on the living room floor and I hear a noise behind me, when I turned around there were paw prints on the carpet. I’d not had another occurrence since but I would like to think that he’s still here with me.

I truly am grateful for all of the warm greetings that I’ve been receiving since my initial posting and I look forward to getting to know everyone who I am fortunate to meet here. Thank you again and I’ll see you around the scared circle :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Salutations Devenne, it’s a pleasure to meet you and hello to your shadow Tom. I’m working on navigating the site and familiarizing myself with how to accomplish varroas things, but thanks to yourself and others who have sent me their warm welcomes, I think I’ve finally found the place where I can truly grow as a Wiccan both in mind and in magick.

Merry Meet and Brightest Blessings.

9 Likes

Greetings Airam and thank you for welcoming me to the forum. It is my pleasure
to be here. Thank you for offering to help me and I do appreciate it in advance.

9 Likes

Salutations Amethyst. Thanks for the warm welcome and I’ll checkout the weekly challenge and group rituals once I’ve become more familiar with navigating the site.

I look forward to getting to know you as well.

9 Likes

Merry Meet Sivonnah, thank you for the warm welcome and I’m glad to be here. I’m on the other side of the city from you in Mountgomary County, PA. Thank you but no need to be sorry about Salem, I feel my buddy in happy and still keeping an eye on me from time to time.
So far, everyone has been very welcoming and friendly and I cannot thank you all enough for that. I hope to make some long lasting friends here and to become a long lasting friend in return.

9 Likes

Brightest Blessings Starborn (Katerina). It’s a pleasure to meet you as well. I suppose since most of the wonderful folks that have so far welcomed me here were trusting enough to also introduce there birth names as well, I owe it to everyone to do the same. So I’ll start with you. I’m Rod from the United States and hope to find a home here.

9 Likes

That’s understandable. There’s a way to learn how to use the forum with Discobot if you’d like. Forum Tutorial. Hope that helps you!

9 Likes

Thank you Amethyst, I will defiantly utilize that tutorial.

10 Likes

@Malchior Hello and welcome I’m Tracy. Make yourself at home. Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes