Help coriander is dying

Hi all, so my lovely sweetheart Midnight laid twice on my herbs and now the coriander looks wilted. The parsley has recovered but poor coriander looks horrid! What should i do? Is there anyway to revive them? It is not dead dead, but more looks wilted and not fresh as it used to… I have tried moving them so many times but this is the only section in the house in and out that has less animals and people going in it (my sacred room)… Any suggestions will help :pray:

6 Likes

My cat eats my dill! Lol!

7 Likes

@Ostara Oh our beloved fur babies they are so attracted to what is off limits. Similar to my children lol

6 Likes

My dog chewed on a selenite crystal a few weeks ago. I’m glad it didn’t hurt him. It’s like having a 2 year old child running around with him. Lol!

6 Likes

You said it girl! It is like my whole sacred room is deadly for them… Guess they are attracted to all the natural parts of it :laughing:

6 Likes

This is what I had to prune as it was dead :cry:

This is all that is left… I gave it some water and pray to the gods and goddesses it can be saved! :pray:

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s going to make it. You may want to replant. :worried:

6 Likes

I would give it a few days before you make the decision to take it out. It’s possible that your cat broke the stems, which is what it looks like, and the water might help them perk back up. If they’re really broken though then there’s probably no saving it. You could probably trim it back to just about the soil and wait for new growth to com in. As long as the roots aren’t damaged, that should be okay!

7 Likes

If the stems are just broken, you can try to sort of “splint” them with like a toothpick & twine with some damp gauze or something similar to keep it together… we have done that with some things outside…

(My son has a full-size Silverado truck & when he was still new with his license & backing into our driveway, he actually went into a bush/shrub & broke a part of it)… of course because of the time of year here, we went for a quick fix & used Gorilla tape to mend it back together, but so far it’s been doing good since the weather has dipped & seems to have been happy to be mended.

We have had our pibble (the 90-pound dog that thinks he is tiny) thought in his pupper mind that a planting we had started in the house by the door was, I guess a tree? & one night in the overnight… he peed in the bucket on the plant! We lost those plants so we are now germinating new seeds & replaced the soil. Once the actual seeds are ready to have their big home during the winter, we have to find a new place to keep them once we are in our rooms for the night or when we leave the house. So probably, in my room or my middle son’s room.

6 Likes

Ohhh my Gods :rofl: I’ve never had a dog pee in my plants but I’ve had plenty of cats eat my plants.

7 Likes

That is what i was afraid of :worried:

5 Likes

Thank you. This is also what i decided, if i can’t be saved after sometime maybe i will replant thanks

5 Likes

Yeah, first for us too! :rofl: Poor pibble saw my face & was like, so that’s another No?

So we have 3 seeds doing their thing on our secretary’s desk… 2 just started little sprouts, and the 3rd I’ve named the “little seed that could”.

5 Likes

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you! :crossed_fingers:

omg I love this name :rofl: that fits perfectly!

5 Likes

Oh wow lol my cats use my garden as a litter box outside. I hear it helps :laughing:

6 Likes

Good luck coriander. I hope it perks up @TheMuslimWitch!

The dog peeing on the plant is pretty funny @Siofra_Strega. He was just marking his territory! Lol!

5 Likes

@Ostara I will say that when I figured it out when I first woke, laughing or smiling wasn’t my go-to for that one… but now I’m like… he thought he had his own indoor potty like his hoomans! :rofl: When he saw me and I asked him, yes I talk to him like he’s my child, he put his head down & went right to his bed & put his ears down & kind of was looking up at me. I told him he was grounded & would have to be a very good boy to earn extra treats that day & to understand that Dad may have other consequences. :rofl: I know, I probably spend too much time with my pibble during the day when everyone is where they need to be :joy:

@christina4… should dogs ever be in your future… there piddles & :poop: aren’t so much of a good thing for plants, grass, etc… it will cause what they call burn spots in grass or… kill plants… not instantly but it’s a rapid decline. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

omg :laughing: my cat isn’t allowed to go outside but I’m sure she would do the same thing!

I don’t think anyone with a pet doesn’t talk to their pets like children :laughing: we for sure do in my house – even to the snakes!

5 Likes

My pickle pup has been very good for me the last few days. I got him “hippo jammies” for the house, he is very climate controlled & we lovingly call him our “house hippo” :rofl:

We started new seeds for the plants he thought was indoor potty for him… :joy: (I still can’t get over that he did that :laughing:) & in one day we watched them from being planted to about an inch tall in their new bucket home & we use my daughter’s first selfie, ring light thing… for them. So for anyone starting plants indoors during the cold season, those are a great substitute for light on the plants. Ours do really well with it. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Eek, thats not good then. I know it’s winter weather and i really don’t have anything aluve in my garden. But, my neighbors have 3 dogs that run around all over and they do make puddles in my garden (I think they may smell the cats :poop:).

I actually worry about the puppy’s because theyre under weight. :disappointed_relieved: i feed the strays that appear out of thin air. The dogs ate the cat food like there’s no tomorrow!

Thanks for letting me know about the dog :poop:. I thought it would be good. Im not too worried right now because the neighbors dont keep pets for too long. It’s a sad reality .

3 Likes