Help identify stones/crystals

Hello all! I’m currently working on reorganizing all my crystals and stones and have several that I have never been able to identify. I am hoping you might be able to help. Thank you in advance!

#1: Please note that this one is clear where it appears white. I used a piece of paper for background. The to is purple.

#2: This one is smokey clear in the parts that appear brown. The stripes are purple with some white.

#3: This is like a milky green color. My first thought was green aventurine but I have several of those (2nd picture for comparison).

#4-6: I think these are the same. Maybe dyed howlite?

5 Likes

Of anyone is curious… My husband’s great storage idea for them!!

8 Likes

I think the 1 that you stated is milky green could be a jade? It looks to opaque(?) for aventurine.

5 Likes

@Susurrus I didn’t even think of jade! I just looked up some pictures and it looks very similar. Thanks!!

5 Likes

Its hard to tell in the photos. Could you take pictures of them from outside? My guess on the green one is Green Calcite. And the first one my guess is Ametrine.

5 Likes

@Missa absolutely!

#4-6

8 Likes

#1 Ametrine or Fluorite
#2 Not sure…
#3 Green Calcite
#4-6 Emerald

6 Likes
  1. ? red fluorite
  2. an agate, the patterning is too smooth to be a quartz
  3. Jade
  4. aventurine
    5.Last guess is a green seraphinite
    BUT you all know how infinitely bad I am at this

I found this on Ebay and I don’t want to get in trouble, but #1 might be red phantom quartz

5 Likes

In the pic of 4-6, the one on the left looks like tortoise turquoise. The other two do look like emerald. Or even nephrite Jade.
1, I’d hate to say ametrine, but it does resemble calcite.
2 personally, it looks like a dyed Chevron Amethyst
3, prehnite or maybe jade

3 Likes

I would said, Ametrine, Petrified wood, Jade, and Chrysocolla or Emerald. The colors are slight different in both pictures.

5 Likes

Thank you all for your help! I’m almost certain the first is ametrine and the third is jade. After comparing to my mom’s this weekend, we think the last 3 might actually be turquoise.

I do have one more I need help ID’ing if you don’t mind!!

4 Likes

Brown Fire Agates

2 Likes

Rainforest Jasper.

4 Likes

I didn’t even think of this! The rainforest jasper I have is green. Do the old Google search and it does look like the brown version of of this. :thinking:

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s a fire agate. It doesn’t have any iridescence to it. I would love to have a piece though, they are gorgeous!

4 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/9LvesQd987kSoJ4P9
They can be brown silly :relaxed:

3 Likes

I mean, it makes sense, trees are green and brown. I just had a brain fart, lol!!!

4 Likes

It happened to me this morning when I made my entry for this week’s challenge with the dragon’s. I used crystals along with oracle cards. I still can’t remember the name of my jasper!! There’s so many!!!

4 Likes

There are so many jaspers!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.