Help Me Name This Kitty!

Girl! I literally have been watching his videos on YouTube and have done all of that. Before he splintered my door trying to escape last night, we had just played with his wand/fishing pole toy for an hour!

One thing I do think is playing into this is that his previous home did allow him to be outside about 80% of the time. I’m hoping that I can reform him, but my research shows it just might not be possible. He is fixed, but not declawed so he can protect himself. And he always comes home. So I’m just going to keep hoping all my efforts pay off sooner or later.

3 Likes

Have you tried cat repellent spray on the bottom of your doors? If not, you may be right about him not being rehabbed into being a homebody cat. I was lucky, Max was only around six months old when I got him and he’s gotten used to being inside.

2 Likes

Yes, I think once they have had a taste of outdoors you will have a tough time changing that. Both of my kitty’s are fixed but they do go outside. They usually stay close but I still worry. I also have some issues with them getting along. One male one female and every once in awhile he wants to show her he’s the boss. We try to step in before it gets out of hand but we have also seen her literally roll him when she’s had enough.

3 Likes

I tried letting him out for small amounts of time yesterday & today. He ONLY wants to go out at night. So far, he comes back & meows to come in!

I feel great, slept through the night for the first time since last Tuesday! So now I can catch up on the forum and all of you! :joy:

4 Likes

Yay for sleeping well, I hope everything is getting better with the kitties!

4 Likes

Yes, I love Charmed!!

3 Likes

My kitty waits and lays at the bottom of the door. When you come inside, she tries to sneak out. She did go on the porch one time for about 10 seconds and said nope, I don’t like the crazy world outdoors. Lol

3 Likes

Every once in a while Max tries to get out. Luckily I’m in an apartment building so he doesn’t get too far. It’s just annoying when he does it. LOL.

3 Likes

Last night, Felix busted his way back in through the cardboard around my AC unit! Tonight when I let him out, I told him to meow! But luckily I heard a loud thump at my window (him jumping onto the ledge to use his “cat door” aka the AC) and just let him in as I’m heading to bed! I’m hoping for some good sleep again tonight! Blessed be, ladies!

3 Likes

Oh, that silly kitty! My kitty a new thing is chewing and tearing holes on the top of my recliner. Grr! Just bought that! And she tears up paper and eats it. :interrobang: :confused:

1 Like

I used to have indoor/outdoor cats and I’d just leave the door open a crack so they could go in and out. I got tired of playing doorman. LOL.

1 Like

That sounds like pica, where animals and people eat things they shouldn’t. You may want to call your vet.

1 Like

I do that all the time for my cats and dogs. They can be exhausting! The dogs want to come in so they can immediately turn around and go back out!:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

One of my cats would just stand in the middle of the doorway, halfway in and halfway out. They’re lucky they were cute and lovable. LOL.

2 Likes

I did. Thank you though! You have a sweet heart!

2 Likes

You’re welcome, dear. You’re making me blush though. :blush:

2 Likes