Mineral Family: Iron Ore
Structure: Iron Oxide
Hardness: 6-7
Chakra: Root
Zodiac: Aries :aries:, Aquarius :aquarius:
Element: Earth :earth_africa:
Planet: Mars
Color: Grey, Metallic

:magnet: Hematite was officially discovered in 1773 by Jean Baptiste Rome de I’Isle.

:magnet: The name is derived from the Greek word for blood, Haima due to the color the mineral turns when grounded to powder.

:magnet: NASA made a remarkable discovery when they found hematite on Mars. It was found by the Infrared spectrometer on the NASA Mars Global Surveyor and the 2001 Mars Odyssey spacecraft when it was orbiting the planet. What makes this even more interesting is the need of water for hematite to occur. Scientists are now studying images and samples they took to better understand the environment on Mars, and if it’s suitable for life :dna:

:magnet: Hematite is one of the most powerful grounding stones in the mineral kingdom.

:magnet: This stone helps refocus your thoughts and actions into those that matter to you most while guiding you on the right path.

:magnet: It’s a stone of attraction, much like that of a magnet :magnet: constantly pulling down excess energy from your environment to help you use it towards your best interest.

:magnet: Don’t confuse hematite with specular hematite AKA Specularite. They’re very similar but have their differences. Specularite is a variety of hematite with a shimmery surface and black undertones.

:magnet: More Properties: :magnet:
Opportunities, strength, balance, clarity, meditation, grounding, focus, chakra alignment, balancing polarities, manifestation, action, mental enhancement, transmutation of negative energies, organization, channeling and grounding higher vibrations.

Hematite Tumbles

I love the shape of this one!

9 Likes

Whoa. That is so cool! I did not know that! Thanks, love!

5 Likes

Isn’t that amazing!!! I am a nerd so I love all that stuff!! :nerd_face: My YouTube playlists consist of Livestream orbits around earth in the ISS. :laughing:

5 Likes

Very cool. That must be an awesome view!

5 Likes