Herbs FINALLY organized and accessible

Thought I’d share my small accomplishment. I’m a green witch so I’ve been intently studying herbalism for some time now. The Master Book of Herbalism by Paul Beyerl is a good reference. But my herbs were pretty scattered in boxes and shelves. I bit the bullet and purchased these 50ml glass bottles with well fitting cork lids and some labels. 3 days later and I’ve finished! Eventually I will have a proper apothecary cabinet but this works for now. Whew!

17 Likes

This is amazing! How many bottles are there? I like those shallow shelves. Did you make those?

9 Likes

Thanks @mary25! I ordered the shelves and jars from Amazon. There are a total of 81 jars/herbs. I try to study 2 herbs per day until I go through all of them and then I start again. Eventually I’d like to commit all 81 to memory.

Here’s the links to the shelves and jars:

MyGift 4-Tier Wall Mounted Rustic… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08967YPQ5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

24 Pack Small Glass Cork Bottles,… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YR1KFRG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

9 Likes

Wow I’m impressed! You’re way more organized than I am!

5 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch omg where did u thr those jars? Thanks for inspiration for hubs new project. Lol

Mine are kinda jumbled in the cabinet. I have to pull out at leasr 20 to find one.

8 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch do u study the medicinal properties of the herbs u study or just magikal.

6 Likes

I study both @Mistress_Of_Herbs

It takes time and patience as I’m sure you know. I would like to get to the point of learning and retaining sufficient knowledge to treat anyone, anywhere for anything based on sound herbal medicine and magickal use.

6 Likes

Thanks @anon87969570! I suffer from diagnosed OCD so my need for visual symmetry is quite strong. In this case, a “helpful” disorder I suppose :blush:

7 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch oh Satu, a witch after my own heart. As u may already know i study both. And yes ma’am u are right about time and patience needed. It annoys me when others dont. Bc i know the dangers. But its their choice.

U and i need to get together at some point and brainstorm

7 Likes

It looks stunning- your apothecary is gorgeous, @Satu_TheGreenWitch! I think you found the perfect glass bottles- they look neat and organized and also have that perfect witchy aesthetic too! :grinning: :sparkles:

May your apothecary continue to serve you well- blessed be! :green_heart:

6 Likes

That’s amazing @Satu_TheGreenWitch :clap: they look great!

That must have taken you a long time – good on you for getting them organized! I’m sure it’ll help you in the future when you need to find something quickly.

Also, that multi-colored pumpkin is adorable!

6 Likes

Whoa. Way more spices that I have! Very cool!

6 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch I love your new set up and know by experience that it not only feels great and satisfying but it’s also so nice to be able to access everything quickly and know what you have and what you need at a glance! I haven’t shared pictures of my own apothecary or practice area nor altars but I am getting much more comfortable with our community and will share some things once I can get back downstairs after my broken leg recovery.

I also just love the book you referenced, it is a wonderful reference and guidebook and a staple in any green witch’s apothecary. Happy new year and enjoy your new space - it is so lovely!!! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs I’d love that! I’d be very interested to know your views and what you’ve learned!

6 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria! Funnily enough, for my therapy session today, I told my therapist about all the time and effort I had taken these past few days to transfer my herbs to the new jars, label all the herbs, and then set them up at my alter alphabetically. Don’t you know that as quick as I did all that, she made me mess up what I did? No more jars lined up alphabetically and in disarray, lol. I have to keep it this way for a week before I can order them again! I’m twitching already but I know this will be good for me in the long run. Funny how our brains work don’t you think?

5 Likes

Thanks @MeganB! Took several hours but worth it. So much easier to find things as you noted. And thanks again re: the little pumpkin. I crocheted a bunch of these little cuties over the past few weeks. Had to put my crochet needle down or I’d have these things literally everywhere!

5 Likes

Thanks @Amethyst! Yes, a lot for me to learn lol!

7 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch thanks and I’m sincerely hoping you will mend quickly and are feeling better soon. I’m so glad I organized these herbs. I value them a great deal and know now that with such easy access, I’ll be able to really study each one carefully and retain the knowledge…I’m on a mission, lol! Glad too to see you like the book and agree it’s a good reference. Oftentimes as solitaries, we’re left to ourselves to try and figure out if what we’re learning from is a good source so it’s so great to have confirmation from a fellow sister.
Sending you healing vibes and a warm hug :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Ditto, and anytime just hit me up @Satu_TheGreenWitch

7 Likes

Yesssssss yessss yessss… @Satu_TheGreenWitch i couldnt have said it better myself. Also finding reputable herb sellers, especially down here in the middle of the bible belt.

7 Likes