Here I go! Starting my herbalism adventure

@Susurrus herbal academy is a good resource, i just cant afford the $44 a month.

And awwwwwww u are too sweet.

6 Likes

Ha! I was going to ask you if you knew anything about it when I came across it for when I want to do a deep dive of my own :laughing: I found it by accident a couple of weeks ago & bookmarked it to see if you had heard anything about it.

5 Likes

I also try to find no to low cost options when first starting in a subject. I’m the type to invest a bunch then it turns out I really don’t enjoy whatever it is.

This post conversation really got me thinking too. I can no longer take the medications for my spinal issue. I’ve literally run out of options…it’s taken me 18 years to exhaust the allopathic medical professionals, but now it’s done.

When visiting back to this conversation, I realized this must mean it’s time for me to take it into my own hands and bump up my herbalism knowledge beyond the few “tea” recipes I know.

So I’m starting at Udemy. They have decent courses and the one I found for Herbalism is actually quite in depth and so much more than all my books full of other people’s recipes or just lists of herbs. Here’s a link where you can check out the syllabus.

I figure if I get through this course plus the little side herbalism course I’ve got there on specifically how to make the goods…then I’ll consider going farther if I hear the calling.

Right now my goal is to just heal the heck out of myself. I was already doing yoga, meditation and sound therapy along with a dietary overhaul. Now I’m adding swimming and herbalism to the mix.

8 Likes

There is a lot of power in herbalism and medicinal workings- I’m wishing you all the best with your studies, @August_Wandering! I hope the herbal class turns out to be everything you are hoping for and more :herb::blush:

And speaking of herbal recipes, @Mistress_Of_Herbs kindly shared some wonderful ones here in the forum- here is a Masterpost of Herbal Recipes you might find interesting! :open_book:

Blessed be! :green_heart: :sparkles:

6 Likes

@August_Wandering best of luck my dear. I wish u nothing but the best

3 Likes

@August_Wandering ooooooo im definitely gonna have to check this out. I woukd love to actually have the certifications for what i know and do. Super cool. Thanks for the info

5 Likes

Oh that’s awesome @August_Wandering! I’ve looked into it a couple of places including the Herbal Academy, I will have to weigh my options once I finish my current courses. If I take too many at once I get very confused, very fast :laughing:

My care team & I have been weening me off of some medications & I like to use alternative methods when I can instead of commercial medicine for some of my conditions & such. Or even if something happens around the house or yard. Better than the prices for anything at the store that’s for sure!

4 Likes

I feel you on the need to search for alternatives. Between my facet arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, and soreness from training for races, I often need something for pain, stiffness, or nerve issues.

Thanks for linking the syllabus for that class! I might have to ask for registration as an early birthday present!

4 Likes

Ooh I’m headed over to that page right now!

3 Likes

Every few months, Udemy has a sale on their courses at highly reduced rates. I put the ones I want to take into my basket and then when there’s a sale I go buy the next course I want to take. :+1:t4: :smiley:

And yes, I have to restrain myself from taking too many at a time too…I guess we’re just knowledge junkies! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Green Witch Course Printable Question?

What a great idea! There are a few classes I’m interested in but don’t have the $ to do more than one right now. But I put the others in the cart and will wait for the next sale. :herb:

4 Likes

Yay! :blush: @Mistress_Of_Herbs is very talented and has some really amazing herbal blends there- I hope you can find some ones to try/add to your Book! :herb::sparkles:

4 Likes

Check in with them often. I put one in my cart four days ago and today when I opened Udemy to work on a course, the course in my cart was marked down from $99 to $15. So I grabbed it up.
:+1:t4: :+1:t4: :+1:t4: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

Oooh this sounds like it will be good, not tasty lol. I think I might try this one as well. Thank you! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Oooooo, this is wonderful. Thanks for posting Bry :purple_heart::herb: and thank you @Mistress_Of_Herbs. Sorry I forgot to thank and tag you for creating the recipes. Much love to you💚

4 Likes

It’s my pleasure! :heart: The recipes shared by @Mistress_Of_Herbs are a real treasure for anyone studying herbs and herbal medicine :tea::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Good luck and blessed studies! :herb::sparkles:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria awwwwwwww Bry u are a doll. Thanks for everything my dear friend, and always being in my corner cheering me on and giving me confidence.

5 Likes

@August_Wandering ita $16.99 today. I may have to grab up one or two of those courses while i can. Thanks for posting them.

5 Likes

You deserve it! :heart: And hey, what are friends for, right? :wink::two_hearts:

Lots of love and many blessings! :sparkles:

4 Likes