Heyo! I’m Sam! I’m so glad to be here!

Helloooo my name is Sam I’m 24 I grew up moving a lot but have been in Texas for most of my life and my faith has had quite a journey but as I settle into adulthood there’s nothing else that makes as much sense to me as Paganism/Wicca. I’ve always been drawn to the sense of Magic and Wanderlust, my password for everything when I was 9 was “powertothepeople” (i was a hippie even at 9 :joy:) My life has not been the kindest to me and it’s made me understand the importance of having a higher power. I could never get behind the nonsense of christianity… but i’ve always prayed to the universe. my whole life. it just feels right. a few years ago i started getting into Wicca as a practice and my mental health makes me inconsistent with it but it is a huge passion of mine and I can’t wait to learn EVERYTHING. I know a decent amount already but I overthink everything and have a million questions so I am so grateful to have found Spells8 where i can ask away! I recently have been trying to call out to my patron deity and i think she (yeah she) answered because i think it’s Brigid. I’ll post a separate thread about that with more details but that’s where I am in my journey! Thanks for reading!!

16 Likes

Oh! I mainly work with celtic and egyptian deities.

10 Likes

Hello! I’m Berranda and from Texas too! :sparkles: yeehaw :cowboy_hat_face:

and completely agree with you on this!

Everyone here is so nice! I’m still very new to the coven but I jumped right in :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @sambythegram :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

You’ll find a lot of information here about working with and worshiping Brigid - there are several of us here that do (myself included!). We even have Tending Brighid’s Flame :fire:, a post where we can share our flames, and @Susurrus or myself will post an oracle draw from her oracle.

I look forward to seeing you around! Feel free to hop right in and make yourself at home! :house:

10 Likes

Thank you so much! Funny enough I was researching her and that’s how I found spells8! I loved the info I got and wanted ALL OF IT haha. Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

10 Likes

Yeah I’m super excited I found this! This is exactly what I have been needing to really get into my practice.

11 Likes

@sambythegram Hello and welcome. I’m Tracy from Bristol England. I follow the Norse Pantheon, Loki is my patron deity. I feel that Spells8 finds us. This is a beautiful coven, everyone is like family. Looking forward to getting to know you. Blessed be lovely :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Hi! it’s so nice to meet you! And yeah I’ve learned most things in my life find me when I need them most. I’m so excited!

10 Likes

Hi, @sambythegram! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I can just imagine a little nine-year-old you in tie-dye and throwing the peace symbol. So cute! I’m glad you’re here where you can get your questions answered.

Good luck with contacting Brigid! If you need anything, just holler and someone will help. I look forward to getting to know you!

9 Likes

Well new development it has been brought to my attention that it might be Rhiannon reaching out and now i feel dumb because that’s makes so much more sense… :joy:
i literally listen to rhiannon the song at least 3 times a month idk how i did not put that together. smh.

9 Likes

Hear, hear! | am new and learning, but everyone here has shared their wisdom so freely -I have already learned alot! :snowflake: :canada:

7 Likes

Does the song pop up without you planning it? Then you are definitely being contacted, or at least I’m pretty sure!

7 Likes

Hi Sam I’m Nixi, welcome to the family. I identify with so much of what you said. I’m sure many others do as well. Settle in and make yourself at home

7 Likes

Welcome @sambythegram! I’m Susurrus, another moderator here at Spells8, I was on a leave of absence for a bit… but so nice to meet you! :wave:

I love :heart: to learn new things & most of the time I’m learning something new by the day :laughing: about… something… it really could be anything honestly :rofl:

I do keep Brighid’s flame with the lovely @MeganB… & I noticed that you said you work with mostly Celtic & Egyptian deities.

We do have these posts with information on both:

Egyptian Deities Master Post
Celtic :triskele: & Welsh Deities with Related Information Masterpost

I’m pretty sure that as I go through the forum having been away for a bit, that I will find more things to add to either of those or… any other master posts running around the forum :laughing:

Feel free to ask any questions or share something with us! :revolving_hearts: I look forward to learning with you! :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Hello @sambythegram,

Welcome! I’m Bry, another moderator here in the forum- it’s a pleasure to meet you :blush:

Three cheers to magick and wanderlust! :partying_face: It sounds like you have some really fun magickal interests, Sam- I think you’re going to fit in wonderfully around here! :blush:

Please make yourself at home and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Blessed be!

7 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @sambythegram

It’s so nice to meet you, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado.

You sound just like me! I remember going to bible school as a child and I would ask questions that the teachers couldn’t answer! I even question my doctors! I am not a good little follower!

I am so glad your path led you here and I am looking forward to getting to know you better! Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

Hello @sambythegram and welcome. This place is wonderful and filled with experienced witches who have plenty of knowledge to share. I have been her for little over a month and i have learned alot. Everyone is very nice and helpful when you have questions. Hope you love it here as much as i have.

8 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and am currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I found my way home a couple of years ago and shortly thereafter found this amazing group of people!! I am a fairly eclectic Green witch with a deep interest in tarot, runes, herbalism and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and The Morrigan, a recent guide in my life.

I found the same thing, while I’ve always enjoyed learning and exploring other religions and faiths, nothing has fit as well for me as Magick has. :star2: :herb: :bow_and_arrow:

Welcome, so glad to have you here!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.