Hindu spell casting - Nandi नन्दि The Gatekeeper

Nandi (meaning happiness,joy and satisfaction) the bull is both god Siva’s (Shiva) mount and His guardian. Placed facing the temple entrance, Nandi stands proud and firm, guarding against all negativity and unwanted forces that may approach our sacred space.

According to Saiva Siddhanta (Saivite tradition), Nandi is considered to be chief among the Siddhars (one with mystical power), initiated by Parvati (Goddess) and Siva (God). He is regarded to have passed on what he had learned to his disciples and revered sages - Tirumular, Vyagrapada, Patanjali, and Sivayoga Muni. They were then sent out by him in eight different directions to spread his wisdom. His teachings are held by the Nandinatha Sampradaya, a line of gurus who claim descent from Nandi himself.

My Nandi sits proudly at the entrance to my home temple, guarding the sacred space on my behalf. He sits to the side of the ‘door’ to my cast circle. To assist I have performed a protection spell, placing the ingredients into a bag next to him after performing the following:

Using

Garden soil
Obsidian
Garlic cloves x 3
Rose thorns x 3
Bay leaves x 3
3 sowing pins
Basil Dill Fennel Rosemary
Spell bag
One black candle
Apple cider vinegar

After casting the circle and smudging my altar with sage, I lit the black candle and some incense, reciting the following whilst ringing the temple bell in front of Nandi.

‘Mighty Nandi, attend my work, and add your power to mine
As I create this magick for my shrine, grant me your protection divine’

To the bag I added the soil, obsidian, rose thorns, sprinkling the mixture with the apple cider vinegar. After giving it a shake I added the bay leaves, the pins and the rest of the herbs. Giving another shake whilst ringing the bell I recited the following whilst circling the candle with the bag.

‘Mighty and protective Nandi, honour my work and add your power to mine. Now power within this bag grants my shrine protection divine’

After repeating this three times I finished with

‘and harm to none now it is done!’

Then I placed the bag next to mighty Nandi and let the candle burn for three minutes (as in many traditions the number 3 is considered powerful in some Hindu traditions).

May this bring you all blessings :pray::pray::pray:

15 Likes

Wow that’s beautiful. I absolutely love your temple. It’s magnificent :star_struck:

9 Likes

Your space looks so enchanting and mesmerizing! I love how colorful it is, decorated with all kinds of trinkets that mean so much to you.

This is a wonderful ritual - thank you for sharing it with us (and for teaching me something new!)

9 Likes

I have two extra guardians of my temple space. This is Vic and Bob (Brits will understand the significance of the pairing of those names :sweat_smile:) They have lived there for four year now. They used to share it with Clarence below, but sadly he has now passed on to his next incarnation.

11 Likes

Your Nandi is beautiful, @peetamba, and I love your protection spell too! May your lovely temple and magick space always be kept safe by the hand of the divine :heart: :blush:

And hello to Vic and Bob- they are adorable guardians! :bird: :two_hearts:

Rest peacefully, sweet Clarence :pray:

8 Likes

Sorry for the loss of Clarence. hi Vic and Bob!

8 Likes

Wow very amazing I love it

8 Likes

Your altar and whole temple room are beautiful. The colors are all so bright and enchanting! :star_struck:
Thank you for sharing your space with us.

9 Likes

So peaceful, I can feel it from the pictures :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Om shanti :pray:

6 Likes

I had to look up the significance of Bob and Vic in Britain and they are a popular comedy duo who have starred on several comedy programs! Lol :grin: Clarence is so beautiful I’m so sorry about his passing I lost my dog Spirit in December so I understand how difficult it can be. Thank you much for sharing your magnificent temple with us. :heart: :consecrate_spell:

7 Likes