1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

GLAZE:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons 2% milk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, honey, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture.

Transfer to prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the top of the cake with raspberries and blueberries. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes longer. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.

Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Serve with additional berries if desired.

Nutrition Facts:

1 piece: 427 calories, 16g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.

Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.

12 Likes

Ooohhh this seems delightful & my family is big on blueberry things. Plus, its summer… could be a good breakfast treat! :hugs:

5 Likes

That sounds yummy!

5 Likes

That looks so good!!! :yum: I might have to try this one too! :hugs:

5 Likes

Cake for breakfast! Why not? That sounds good. LOL!

Thanks, @Ostara! Glad you liked the sound of it!

It does look good, doesn’t it? I hope you like it if you try it!

6 Likes

Raspberries and blueberries (with a burst of citrus from the orange juice too) are such a great seasonal combo- pair them with honey and it’s a real summer celebration! :plate_with_cutlery: :yum: :two_hearts:

I have a feeling this would be one of those cakes I could devour all by myself :laughing:

Thanks for another great recipe, @Amethyst- you really have a knack for finding the perfect ones! :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks, my dear! It seemed like a great recipe someone could share with the fae, what with the honey in it and all. Glad you like it!

3 Likes

Hmm… :thinking: I might be able to make something like this for tomorrow! A few adjustments would be needed, of course, but it might be doable! :strawberry: Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

You’re welcome, love! I hope it turns out well!

3 Likes