How can I dispose of salt safely?

I have at least 3 pounds of salt that I used to cleanse all my crystals. Now I need to dispose of it. But I do not want to sprinkle it on soil or any nearby plants and cause harm. How can I safely return the salt back to the earth?

5 Likes

Well, you could throw it away. But let’s call that Plan Z, and see if we can come up with some better ideas.

I have read that it best not to re-use it magically, and it is not hard to see why this would be a bad idea. I don’t think I would eat it either. Anyplace that would suffer from the negative energy absorbed by the salt is probably a bad idea.

What if you placed it in a bowl outside, a little at a time, and let the wind scatter it?

Is there a salt marsh nearby? An ocean? The Dead Sea? (okay just kidding with that one).

One source says 2 tablespoons added to a gallon of water can actually be good for grass. I suppose you’d need a lot of grass for 3 lbs. Uses for salt

Toss it into a firepit? Pick a spot and bury it deep?

These are off the cuff. Maybe others have better ideas.

6 Likes

Asking because I don’t know - is salt rechargeable like crystals, etc? I am assuming no, but oh, if you could recharge salt you’d be set for life.

6 Likes

That’s a great question! Technically, salt is a crystal.

4 Likes

I found a passage about just this topic from a shop:

HOW TO PROPERLY DISPOSE OF RITUAL SALTS:

• If you have cast the salts in your home, make sure to change it out or sweep it up weekly.

• There are four methods you can use when properly disposing of the ritual salts. You can choose whichever one is more convenient for you.

• Ground the energy of the spell salt in the earth by burying it in a distant place from your living and working space. You can also bury it at a crossroads.

• Cast in the wind in a distant place blowing away from your living and working space. You can also blow the spell salts from your hand into the four directions or at a crossroads.

• Throw the spell salts into a bonfire outdoors.

• Cast the spell salts into a living body of water such as a river, creek, lake, or ocean. This will properly disperse the energies and cleanse them.

Black Thorn & Rose Shop Source Link

7 Likes

@Susurrus thank you for these tips. I have used salt twice or three times in my spells and just threw it in the trash after I finished the spell, which I took out later. I hope that doesn’t mess with the outcome of the spells :smiley:

But when I just sprinkles salt around my house for protection, I just used the vacuum cleaner to remove it later. I empty my vacuum cleaner every now and then, so it doesn’t really “go away” from my house so often. Thanks for sharing this, I will definitely keep it in mind next time I use salt :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No problem, I’m happy that it can help :blush: I have released spells & refreshed things, 1 of my favorite ways to release these things is with fire :fire: or depending on what it is that the intent was, I will bury the ingredients away from my home somewhere. I suppose I could also release things into the ocean :ocean: because I live on the coast, but the fire just resonates with me more burying. Plus, I’m not out on the water all that often, but I am at the beach :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes

You could also save the salt for use when you cleanse your crystals. Also, do you have that many crystals that you need to use 3 pounds of salt? That’s impressive!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought to use them for cleansing crystals if they have been used elsewhere! Great idea though & I agree… @carter1 that’s a lot of crystals to charge with 3 pounds of salt! :butterfly:

I was just thinking about what @anon87969570 had mentioned about salt technically being a crystal itself, maybe if you place the container out under the full moon it would cleanse & recharge the salt to be able to be used to keep cleansing your crystals as needed? Maybe @christina4 would know more about that.

5 Likes

@Susurrus has a great idea to cleanse it in the moonlight to recharge it. But you’d have to leave it out for 8 hours of moonlight. Then it’s good to cleanse your crystals again because the salt is the smallest form of a crystal. Make sure that your crystals are safe in salt fyi.

3 Likes