How to know which meaning for crystals is correct

Trying to figure out which crystals i need for certain outcomes or spells but sometimes the meaning or descriptions for crystals are different in one place or used for something in one place read but another says something different. How do you know which one is correct.
And what about crystals that come in different colours, can the different colours have different use or are they generally similiar with just additional corredpondance for different variations of that crystal. Like for instance a blue tigers eye compared to a brown tigers eye or a white chalcondony to a blue chalcadony. Im getting confused by so many variations or uses n not sure which ones are correct or if its just the author of each is just focusijg on one aspect of the stone n they are all currect depending on what way or reason the author has used the stone. . I hope that made sense. Ive had a terrible sleep being so in n out all night. Even the coffee had not been enough. I was thinjing bout the crystals n i realised maybe i should ask about it as im not sure if i have the crystals i need or not because im getting different meanings or correspondance from different resources. Some aspects the same but then it would list other things not mentioned in a differemt reading or seem to be used differently than another source. Im a bit confused how to know which is correct.

9 Likes

@Phoenix_Fire I understand completely…I think the people to connect with on this topic would either be @Susurrus @christina4 or @Missa. They should respond with an abundance of knowledge or direct you to a solid place to discover.
Blessed Be,
Rowan

9 Likes

It all begins with color corresponding to the chakras. Red, orange, green, blue, indigo and violet…like the rainbow.

Then for money, abundance,and prosperity is green. Anything dealing with love is pink or red. Protection is black. Spiritual communication is white or clear, general healing is clear or clear quartz.

If you need more help, you can definitely ask or even Google the correspondences. The guys at Energy Muse have a great site. Just type in the stone in the search bar.

In the end, everyone has their own meanings of a crystal due to their outcome and experience with the crystal. Just go with your intuition. It’s never wrong here!

9 Likes

@Phoenix_Fire I am going to try to simplify this part:

what about crystals that come in different colors, can the different colors have a different use, or are they generally similar with just additional correspondence for different variations of that crystal. For instance, a blue tigers eye compared to a brown tigers eye

Great questions for someone just starting their road with crystals. So because you have specific crystals chosen, I am going to give you some information on each stone for you to compare because they are the same stone, just different colors.

Golden Tiger Eye

Golden Tiger Eye is a powerful Solar Plexus Chakra stone, helpful to manifest ideas into reality and giving courage in times of change. Use Golden Tiger Eye with the Solar Plexus Chakra to increase your personal power. Tiger Eye enhances psychic abilities and balances the lower Chakras. Earthy people will find success increasing their psychic abilities using Tiger Eye when working with the Third Eye Chakra. Use Golden Tiger Eye with the Sacral Chakra to bring spiritual grounding.

You can carry Golden Tiger Eye in your pocket when you need a boost of creative energy, or when dealing with issues involving power, will, control, and/or concentration. Golden Tiger Eye can provide balance to those experiencing extremes, and as such, can be helpful to those with manic depression, or bipolar disorder.
Gold Tiger Eye - Healing Crystals

Blue Tiger Eye (AKA: Hawk’s Eye)

Blue Tiger Eye (also called Hawk’s Eye, Tiger’s Eye, Tigereye) is a very soothing stone as it aids in reducing stress, increasing calm, and easing anxiety.

Shimmery Blue Tiger Eye can illuminate issues that may have been difficult to see otherwise.

Blue Tiger Eye helps to open, clear, and align the mid to higher range chakras, which will assist in speaking with clarity and acting from a place of integrity. If you are nervous about giving a presentation or speaking in public, keeping a piece of Tumbled Blue Tiger Eye in your pocket can help relax your Throat Chakra, clear any blockages, and form a strong connection with the Third-Eye Chakra, allowing for easier access to the intuition.

Blue Tiger Eye works extremely well with the Throat and Third Eye chakras, providing insight into internal conflicts and emotional or mental issues.
Blue Tiger Eye brings a “go with the flow” attitude, aiding in relief from fears, phobias, and hot tempers.

Use Blue Tiger Eye to balance the male/female, Yin/Yang energies.

Like all Tiger Eye, Blue Tiger Eye can be used in prosperity rituals around a candle, or in manifestation grids.

Because of its association with the Hawk, Blue Tiger Eye is especially helpful to ease one’s fear of flying. It enables one to expand their horizons, often leading to better opportunities.

Physically, Blue Tiger Eye encourages emotional balance, aids in fatigue and depression, cools an overactive sex drive, and heals on a metabolic level. It can also alleviate eye problems that deal with the inability to focus.
Blue Tiger’s Eye - Healing Crystals

I use a website & app called Healing Crystals, you are able to search by stone or condition & it will give you oodles of information about the stone. You are able to change the search so you are searching the Metaphysical Directory or the Crystals for Common Conditions directory.

I have used Energy Muse in the past also, they have some great information & items as well plus, @christina4 won’t steer you in the wrong direction nor will @Missa.

Color correspondences would help you as well as to learn the chakras. Because the colors are associated with chakras & variations of that color correspond with that chakra & crystal. The crystal enhances the energy for that chakra & says clear quartz can “smooth” out that energy throughout the area it’s being used on.

Also if you buy crystals from:

They send you a card that tells you what you need to know about the crystals you have purchased from them. They are about the size of a business card.

Also has cards that come with their crystals with a general meaning for the crystals.

10 Likes

You’ve got some very talented crystal experts with advice about the crystals, but I just thought I’d pop in and address this- I think finding different (sometimes completely opposite) meanings for an item (be it a crystal/herb/sigil/Zodiac/etc) is a problem that many of us face at some point in our Craft. I know it can be really confusing and frustrating! :sweat_smile:

The best bit of advice I can give you is to check your sources. If one book says a crystal means this, but another book says the same crystal means something else entirely- take a look at where the book is getting their information: Is it a geology book, based in science? Is it from a reputable school of crystal healing? Is it a book that explores the stones meaning in another culture/tradition?

Different backgrounds can greatly affect the stance the author is taking on a crystal. Also, keep an eye out for personal interpretations- that is, something the author feels about the crystal that is true for them but may not be true for you.

Sometimes, crystals/herbs/signs/etc actually do have qualities that can seem very different or even opposite. In such a case, it is up to the caster to draw on the relevant qualities of the stone they are using in a specific spell or application :gem:

Here’s an example with Carnelian:

I know the feeling of getting confused about finding the properties of a magickal item, so just putting these thoughts on the table!

Good luck and blessed crystal work! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Thanks i think that actually really helps😁

5 Likes

Hooray! :heart: I’m really happy if it helped- good luck with your crystal studies, Danni! :gem::sparkles:

5 Likes

Yes! I agree with this & definitely check sources & where they are getting their information. There is a reason why I use Healing Crystals, I had researched them & they were recommended through some readings I was going through when I first started my journey with crystals. I do like Energy Muse as well.

I feel like @BryWisteria brings up a good point - just because a crystal/stone is associated with a few different things. Some similar, some not because of color, makeup, shape, whatever; I use them for the corresponding intention with the spell or ritual & I tend to set the intention of the stone in line with what I am doing, it’s correspondence… so I am using Amethyst & Rose Quartz for calm, self-love, healing along with a Clear Quartz to enhance those attributes & a slice of Selenite to keep the energy from building up too much before I can cleanse them properly. (I’m figuring out a lot right now & finding my footing).

I do very little work with Chakras because I am just now starting to really pay attention to what I am learning. I know the colors of crystals correspond to the colors of the chakras & the in between spaces.

5 Likes

I’m going to go in the complete opposite direction here :laughing: Crystals being associated with chakras is actually a Western concept and is not historically found in the Eastern philosophy of chakras. As for the meanings of crystals and their correspondences, I’m an animist. I don’t really have a correspondence list for anything – herbs, crystals, flowers, etc. – because those all have their own spirits and energy. If I need to know if a crystal can help with something, I just ask and tune myself into the energy of the specimen. For example, I have a fairly large piece of mahogany obsidian. Sources will say that mahogany obsidian is good for releasing blocks and healing from trauma [1]. However, this particular piece that I have has a different energy and association. This piece has made me aware that it is a grounding stone only and that it will not help me with anything else.

If you are an animist, try listening in or feeling the stone’s energy and asking what it is willing to help you with. This can take practice, especially if you aren’t used to feeling the energy of other spirits. If you’re not an animist, then correspondence lists are better and I’m not sure how helpful my post will be lol

5 Likes

With crystal and stones, recall in Buckland’s book Witchcraft, the section on crystals, he advises to use crystals and stones for their color correspondence, anything else he doesn’t advise, like that personally as well. It’s so much easier than figuring out other properties and associations with them. With the mounding of properties and correspondences applied to crystals and stones from so many bodies of work, it may be very specific to that person and/or body of works that person is writing on.

With crystals and stones though, whatever the use, don’t forget to wash them and warm them up in the sunlight. Stones/crystals like to be washed and sun kissed.

Example, if you’re performing a money/abundance spell, use green stones/crystals. Love, depending what type, pink or red. Cleansing and charging, translucent stones like clear quartz or selenite.

5 Likes

An Animism approach to stones and crystals, that’s pretty on it. Feel many crystals and stones were once living beings petrified. If one ever visited a petrified forrest, you’ll see.

5 Likes

I know very little about crystals, other than my collection is growing! As far as that i have recently focused on a spread of colors.

Once I have decided on crystals that could help with my purpose, I hold them and try to feel their energy while keeping my intention in mind. If I sense a resonance between my intention and the crystal’s energy I use it. If not, I thank it and say maybe next time.

5 Likes

Energy Muse is a great site! Thank you for sharing! :heart:

4 Likes

So much great information from amazing crystal experts!!! :heart:

4 Likes

When i took my course for crystal therapy, we always looked back on the site Mindat.org

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.