Meditation question?

Blessed Be everyone! My question is while meditating can we have more than one intention when using crystals? :thinking:

6 Likes

I would imagine if you are doing a grounding meditation while holding a crystal for prosperity would be effective if you made sure that you were grounded & focusing on both. :thinking:

4 Likes

Oh I see. Thanks so much.

5 Likes

Greetings @Sheronda! That’s a great question- thanks for asking it! :blush:

Whenever I incorporate crystals into spellwork or meditation, I choose a crystal with properties that match the intention of the spell. If I’m doing a physical healing spell, for example, I might use Carnelian- a stone associated with the flesh. However, Carnelian also has properties of happiness that I might want to work into the spell too.

I’m sure anyone who has worked with crystals will find that most crystals have quite a large number of associations with them- others may disagree, but I don’t know if it’s possible to include every corresponding benefit of a stone in one meditation or spell! :laughing: Usually I just choose aspects directly related to the overall goal of the spell or meditation (whether it is one intention or multiple related things)

For me, in order to draw on the different aspects of a crystal (healing, good luck, etc) I believe they need to be addressed or acknowledged by the witch during the spell/meditation.

In the healing spell, I would call on or invoke the healing flesh aspects of Carnelian and perhaps also the stone’s ability to bring happiness- but I’d likely not address Carnelian’s ties to creativity (as it isn’t a trait related to the current spell).

That got a little long-winded (apologies!) but basically I think it is absolutely fine to use crystals for multiple intentions (or a multi-layered intention) as long everything is related/ties together (such as a meditation for health and happiness, or healing that is both mental and physical).

Blessed meditations, Sheronda! :heart:

7 Likes

I’d start out with working on one intention at a time. Especially with crystals. It could get overwhelming. But, if you think you can handle that, go for it.

Also, crystals have more than one property. Like @BryWisteria said, as long as the intentions line up, then I’d say it should be fine.

4 Likes

Got it beautifully said! Thanks

3 Likes

Yea that makes sense thanks for that information!

3 Likes

That is a great way to explain using the different crystals, I was having trouble trying to put that one together in words myself! :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks so much, can you please explain grounding to me

4 Likes

Grounding is basically connecting with the earth’s energy to keep you in the present moment. To focus & center your energy in the present.

We have a Grounding Mindfulness session that explains a bit about grounding & has a printable exercise for your Book of Shadows.

The lovely @SilverBear has also shared a wonderful Grounding Ritual with us.

3 Likes

Oh cool I’ll look at it and thanks again

3 Likes

Ok thanks so much

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, Sheronda- I’m happy if I could help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

@sheronda, I tend to, like @christina4 mentioned, work with one intention per crystal. I do tend to get overwhelmed easily though. :upside_down_face:

If I’m working with 4 pieces of citrine for a grid I’m making , I might have one intention per crystal:
:yellow_circle: creativity
:yellow_circle: happiness
:yellow_circle: focus
:yellow_circle: positive attitude

Let us know how you’re getting on and what your experience is.
Cheers,
Janis :triskele:

3 Likes