I have faeries!

I printed Signs of faeries and had a discussions with family members that live with us. We all agreed that we have signs of the fae.

That afternoon my granddaughter turned on the gas fireplace. I looked over and couldn’t believe it…the logs were moved around! One of them was standing/leaning straight up and down.
I don’t know what to do. The little things I can deal with. This is something else. What does everyone think? Have we angered them somehow or is this just normal?

Happy Monday!!
Audra

17 Likes

First of all, congratulations on your new roommates! :black_heart:

Secondly, I think that’s normal. They can be a bit mischievous. :sweat_smile: It might be time to embrace the chaos, if you haven’t already. @tracyS?

16 Likes

Congrats!

Treat them with respect, and you should be fine.

15 Likes

What should I do for them?

15 Likes

You could make them a house or leave them a snack and drink

15 Likes

Fae are fabulous, I don’t invite them or work with them specifically, but they have free reign of my home. I have been encouraged to work with them particularly in creative matters, and I know they like cakes (home baked). So we are getting to know each other. :sparkling_heart:

Fae have a different code to us and it’s good to remember that so we don’t upset them. If for example you upset a Fae, they can sometimes retaliate but it’s not them being nasty, it’s just their way of exercising justice. They are fun, mischievous and sometimes, we’d view it as wicked, but in their minds it’s fun. If you remember that, you won’t get in a war with them and let go their idiosyncrasies. They are great allies, fabulous to work with but make terrible enemies. :flushed:

A few basic courtesy.
Don’t name them. We are not entitled to be that familiar with them, it’s rude.
Don’t force them, if they want to meet you, they will come to you.
They’re very smart.
They’re psychic.
They’re old.
If you want to work with them, it’s a give and take relationship. When I do something creative, they like a creative reward, and they like my cakes, a bought one from a shop would be a snub so I bake one. So far, so good. I give little gifts, shiny things, flowers and I thank them without saying thankyou, sounds mad but the Fae in my home, don’t want to get too familiar or feel obligated to me. I don’t know if that’s all Fae or just the ones here :person_shrugging:
Respect nature, take care of your garden, my Fae hate it if I let the lawn get too long. :rofl:

A few offerings for my lot, homemade cakes, flowers, milk, fruit, wine, a tasty supper, cookies and sweets and honey. Try to offer organic produce as they hate chemicals and will say so! :rofl:

Fae steal. Though in their eyes your house is their house, your stuff is their stuff. Be nice ask nicely for it back, exchange it for cake and you may get it back. If you don’t, sorry, tough! :person_shrugging:
There are ways of getting rid of Fae but I wouldn’t recommend it, first they’re really wonderful creatures to have around even if you don’t interact with them, and second, they have long memories :flushed:

All the above and much more is in this book.

Make a little temple for them. Here’s mine

And read up on this challenge, it’ll give you some ideas about Fae.
:fairy: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Fairies & Fae
All in, if you have Fae show up, it’s an honour, if you don’t want to work with them, that’s fine. My lot have been here years, I’m only just starting to work with them now, and they’ve been a pleasure to have around. They’ve nicked tons of stuff, some returned most gone forever :person_facepalming::rofl:, I just let it go, it’s just stuff.

Enjoy, and definitely get the above book, it has some fabulous history and spell work. :kissing_heart:

18 Likes

Fairies! how beautiful! :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:
I realized they were in the house when I started losing small things…
sometimes I had to say it out loud
ok! the games are over, now bring what you got!
Now!
…and I will make you sweet!
the next day the object was at home… hahaha!
I adore them!
some things…they never came back…
now when we lose something I tell my partner
Come on…it was needed by the Fairy…don’t you understand it yet?
he looked at me like an alien…but he understood… :grinning: :grinning:

17 Likes

I love the Fae! But as @tracyS said, they are very particular about how we act with them. They are very mischievous but can be a lot of fun. Mine are still outside, haven’t moved in to the house yet. But if they do, I’m ok with that.

14 Likes

Whatever you start, you won’t want to stop.

Since I live in an area where there are too many bugs, leaving out food is not an option. Instead, I might play bright music for them. If I notice a sparkle out of the corner of my eye, I greet them politely. They like cleanliness, so I do my housework in honor of them. I do have Lego constructions out for them to explore. When I find coins, I do say a genuine thank you, and I gather enough to buy something small and fun to share with them. They like to take a few beads, a charm, the back of an earring, a pin or needle, a bit of glitter or confetti or foil once in a while, and sometimes a Lego piece here or there. Once in a while, a nail or screw or nut will disappear. I offer them graphite from my automatic pencils. It’s always something I have plenty of. Sometimes I save back a feather from my bird as a quill pen or dry flower petals where they can take a bit without me knowing.

Most of the relationship with fairies is intention. Keep a positive outlook when you notice one of their bits of fun. Laugh often, sing, do bright crafts and leave a bit out overnight. If you want to have a friend, be a friend.

14 Likes
12 Likes

I think my Fae may either move indoors or emigrate. :rofl: We’ve had sooo much rain, and more today! The lawns a mudslide, their little temple is sodden right through.

13 Likes

Poor little Fae! I’m sure they will no problem moving in :rofl::rofl:

Send some of that rain my way! We are having out of control fires in areas we usually have flooding this time of year. No snow or rain is causing dry conditions.

I hope my Fae don’t decide to build a bon fire in there little garden! That could be disastrous.

12 Likes

:scream: Oh my. The weather’s crazy everywhere. :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

It really is! Nothing is normal anywhere with the weather.

11 Likes

That is so beautiful!

Thanks for sharing!!

11 Likes

Sometimes I will wake up with my watch off or an earring off, lying in the bed or on the floor. Would this be the fae or just me being restless?

9 Likes

Could be either. :sparkling_heart: Normally the Fae would take it though. If you want to get to know them, why not make a little house and put an offering out. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just something from your heart. They’ll take the energy off the offering, and you can put a fresh one out each day. See if it gets their attention, if you want their attention that is. :grin:

9 Likes

I found this. You may like it. She’s working with Fae.

8 Likes

Just got this in the mail! So excited to start my journey with the Fae!

9 Likes

@Mystique Ooh I’m excited for you. It’s my favourite Fae book. :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes