I really need help with using this system

I really messed up somehow when i was writing a post today. I obviously wrote it in the wrong place and hit the create topic button too soon. I am trying to figure out how to fix that. Now I am not able to get into the Discobot tutorial and when I have tried to send a message to a support staff member I keep getting a message asking if I want to continue editing or discard my message. Could someone please give me an idea of what I am doing wrong and how do I fix this problem. I am not a big user of these types of forums and such so I am at a total loss of what I should do. Thank you

6 Likes

Hey Rae!

Let me see if I can help you out :blush: Oh, my name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here, by the way :blush:

Usually when this happens it means that our post has been saved as a draft. Now for some reason, the forum software that Spells8 uses only allows you to have one post in progress at a time – silly, I know! But we can’t really do anything to change that. Before we look for drafts, I can see that you’ve already created two other posts.

I am a DUD witch!

I have done something wrong (I’m closing this one since it’s a duplicate :blush: )

If one of these isn’t the post you were writing, that’s okay!

So, let’s see if you have any drafts!

First, click on your profile picture in the top right hand of the screen. Then select the gray image that looks like a person. Here’s a screenshot of my own menu so you can see.

Do you see where it says “Drafts”? Mine says I have one at the time of the screenshot because I’m writing out a reply to you! If yours says you have a draft, click on “Drafts” and it will take you to your posts/messages in progress. Here’s a screenshot of what mine looks like!

From there, you should be able to click on the drafted post and either finish writing it or discard it.

If this doesn’t work, please let me know and I’ll see what else we can do :blush:

I’ve also moved this post to the proper category just to keep the forum tidy. :blush:

6 Likes

Hi Megan, I have gone into drafts and deleted the post that I had written. I would really like to go into the site where I can take the tutorial for the Discobot will I be able to do that now?

7 Likes

Yes, you should be able to do that now!

We have some tutorials on using Discobot that should help you get started with that.

Start the Interactive Forum Tutorial with Discobot!

5 Likes

Closing topic as issue has been resolved :white_check_mark: