I want a tattoo so I did a tarot reading help?

Hi all, so I have wanted a tattoo for as long as I remember and my husband has always gave the excuse it’s a sin for Muslims to do so. Another piece of advice he gave me was if ever in doubt find out the answer from one of our biggest leaders (Agha sistani).
Anyways long story short I found out by myself it is allowed and there is no issue with tattoos except not to use religious verses as such on the body…. Now I wanted to get one of these tattoos>>>

The first is a religious symbol for Shia Muslims (it’s a sign of justice and peace) and the second i just adore :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
So naturally what do we witches do, we do a tarot reading to see what the possible outcome is and mine was this>>>>

Now how I interperate it is:
-the tower (situation): things are about to change and it can be hostile
-the chariot (reversed-obstacle): things are complete chaos or I am stuck in a situation through control
-death (reversed-outcome): stuck in a rut and it’s time for me to re-examine my life.
Does anyone else with more experience read the cards differently?
Also just adding that even if it is allowed my husband is one strong minded individual and even moving heaven and earth with this proof I found on the biggest Shia website will not be enough (hope that gives you something to go off)…
I also checked my horoscope and this is what it said:

8 Likes

I have zero experience reading tarot, but I just wanted to say both tattoos are lovely! So you think your husband would be more likely to support the sword over the sun and moon? Could you combine the two? Do you have an friends who have tattoos as well? Would he feel more comfortable with henna? Would that be a compromise for you?

7 Likes

I am not good at reading multiple cards, so hopefully someone can assist you with the reading. However I agree that both options are gorgeous pieces.

I hope it works out the way that its intended for you!

5 Likes

That is such a teacher response, LOL are you missing school already? I love it! Great questions though. :+1: :100:

@TheMuslimWitch I really like the 2nd tattoo best. I hope you get the permission you need. As for the cards, I think you are going to have problems from your husband on this issue. I really hope this is not the case. Stay positive and maybe try the cards again :wink:
:butterfly:

5 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage its REALLY hard to turn it off! I’ve been teaching nearly 20 years… at this point it is just who I am! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

6 Likes

Hi @TheMuslimWitch! :blush:

It sounds like there are a lot of religious rules you are being mindful of- as I don’t know anything about that (apologies!), I can only speak for the tarot side of things.

Tower - Calamity, chaos, absolute rock bottom. But from here, you can only go up.

Chariot (reversed) - Roads are blocked, making progress and moving forward will be difficult.

Death (reversed) - Someone is refusing the necessary change and it is causing them to be stuck and stagnant. Change can be scary, but it is the only constant in life. No one can avoid it.

[IN REVIEW] The outcome of the decision you choose will cause big problems- you’ll feel like you’ve hit rock bottom. From there, it will be difficult to pick yourself up again- chances and opportunities will feel blocked and making progress will be hard. It will be a struggle, a fight against change. But fighting against change is always a losing battle- it is much better to take destiny by the reins and move forward of your own choice.

(Note that these are just my personal thoughts for you to consider- I always hold that the reader, who is the closest to the situation, will be able to give the best and most relevant reading)

The tattoo designs you picked out are gorgeous- the scimitar reminds me of the one I used to use in belly dance :dancer: And the sun and moon! Love it!

Good luck and I hope that, if you decide you do want the tattoos, you are able to get them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be!

7 Likes

A tattoo , maybe im thinking too much @TheMuslimWitch but I thought you were muslim and from what my friend has said muslims dont believe in getting tattoos. Maybe its just her personal interpretation

4 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch
A tattoo is a big decision and live long in joy or consequences.
I got a tattoo 35+ years ago for spite. Shame on me.
My sister in law hated peacocks, said they were bad luck. Perfect opportunity to ruffle her… feathers. I know, it was stupid and mean.
But I got a tattoo of a woman’s head with a peacock for hair. It really is beautiful. And darn it, she never said a word, so who was hurt, she or I.
Anyways, a tattoo? Are you willing to put up with the negativity it will create in your household? You’ll wear it for the rest of your life. I don’t even think about mine, its on the back of my shoulder, so I don’t ever look for it.
My dermatologist said it was a lovely tattoo but “DON’T DO IT AGAIN!”
I laughed but also took his advise.
So my point is if you aren’t willing to deal with them, don’t open a can of worms. If you are? Good luck with your new tattoo (they are habit forming.)
Sweet hugs and much love
Garnet

6 Likes

I 2nd this remark… 95% of my back is done. :rofl::joy:

7 Likes

And I third this remark!

7 Likes

Based solely on the cards you pulled, I’m gonna say that if you get this tattoo, even if you follow the rules set forth in Islam, you’re gonna end up with a huge fight ahead of you. The Tower has everything crumbling down around you, The Chariot reversed shows that you might be strong willed for the wrong reason, and Death reversed shows that no matter what, nothing is going to change. I mean, take this for what you want as it’s just my interpretation :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

The Tower suggests that things will change suddenly. A tattoo changes a part of your body in a quick way, after all. It may also suggest that your husband’s reaction will cause chaos and strife in your relationship.
But The Chariot in reverse suggests that it’s time to take a step back and reevaluate your goals. Should you change course? Or find a way around the obstacles? How important is getting a tattoo to you and is it worth the strife and chaos?
Finally, Death in reverse suggests that it’s time to be open to the idea of change, for change is inevitable and unavoidable. This card might be meant for your husband. If you get the tattoo, he will eventually accept this change.
This is just my interpretation though, based on what you’ve shared. You know your husband better than I do, so I can’t say for sure if he actually will accept your tattoo.

7 Likes

@AileyGrey My husband is not supportive of tattoos regardless my efforts to convince him with the evidence i found.
@Susurrus unfortunately the end result was a very negative one that ended in a massive argument and actually got quite serious with the talk of divorce all because i mentioned tattoos. In the end i just let it be… Also about your tats i bet they look awesome!
@Sarafeena_Sage in the end there was a issue with the tattoo talk however i got my hair African braids just a day ago so i guess its a compromise but still not the end result i was looking for
@BryWisteria you got that right on the dot there! I guess sometimes in life no matter how much we want something, sometimes we just have to give it up. As for me the outcome of me getting one would have been absolute divorce so obviously i didn’t want that and decided to keep my opinions to myself. However, it didn’t stop me from getting my navel re-pierced which i am keeping my own little secret - Husband is very against this too i had to take it out 13 years back when i met him (i still have the holes from 13 years back just needs to open it up more). In a way i feel i am half satisfied i guess…
@i too heard this but since we are Shia Muslim when i researched thoroughly it says there is no issue, however it didn’t stop my husband’s objections so i let it be
@Garnet you always have such good advice, and knowing myself i did open that can of worms but only for discussion and i would never do it without discussing and making sure everyone involved was happy. Its just a shame i feel like there’s another obstacle in my fight for my own independence. Anyways got the belly re-pierced and i am happy with this little secret of mine
@MeganB yes i had the feeling there was a bad outcome ahead but i had to test the waters so to speak… I am very bad in this way i tend to push the limits sometimes but only ever regarding myself. I just strongly felt i should be the decision maker and i think if i had an okay i might have even had a clear enough mind to properly think about it… Anyways fight or not i still don’t think just discussing or mentioning something like a tattoo should cause a fight…
@Kasandra i am so glad you guys could clearly see the outcomes from the tarot card reading as i sure didn’t want to and did the opposite… Lesson learned!

7 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch You are a good girl lovey
Garnet

6 Likes

Thank you hun and like wise, i can see the goodness you project through such lovely responses to members. Keep being awesome :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about the argument and the tattoos not working out :pray: I hope things are okay there for you and that, if you decide you still want them, that you’ll be able to get them someday in the future :heart:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

Sometimes it is about negotiation on both parts and for now i am focused on my own physical appearance and loose skin due to loosing so much weight so perhaps i will have to leave the tattoo situation as is for now and tackle bigger plans for now… Thank you for your support :heartpulse:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.