I'd like some opinions on shaped candles

I’ve never bought any human shaped candles before and I’d like to know if and where you bought them from? I’m in need of some for healing spells. I don’t know any good places. Thank you!!

10 Likes

I mean do they have to be human shaped? I did a couple of spells that required candles to represent a person before but I just used a candle of a color that I associated with them, like a color that corresponds to their zodiac sign or perhaps is their favorite color and then I inscribed the candle with the targets name, birthday and any other symbols or words that I could associate with them (I’ve even used herbs that correspond with their zodiac signs to dress the candles with a couple of times).

9 Likes

That’s a great idea! I like how you think!! :gift_heart:

6 Likes

Glad I could help :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you!!!

6 Likes

Hi! @christina4 I have done rituals/spells that had to do with humans & I have carved their names into a candle that is the color of the intention for that person. (I hope that makes sense).

I like @phoenix_dawn use too, I have also done something similar to that when I needed to represent someone.

6 Likes

If you’re still set on human-shaped candles I would check your local store or small businesses on Etsy :blush:

6 Likes

Azure Green has figure candles. They also have awesome witchy bumper stickers, or at least they used to. Their pricing is pretty good and it gets to you in good time.

https://www.azuregreen.net/Figure-Candles/products/114/

6 Likes

Etsy has some awesome molds if you want to make your own too:

Tem

6 Likes

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Ooh, not that’s a good idea! Thanks!! I never thought of that lol

4 Likes

Somehow my card doesn’t work with Etsy and they have so many good things! :sob:

5 Likes

I shouldn’t think it would be too hard to shape one. Heat candles in hot water until they’re reasonably easy to bend and form your figure. If you need more than one candle, again, heat them and they should be moldable.
“Remember, if its isn’t perfect, just a project in progression.”

6 Likes

Yes i saw this it will be cheaper in the end to do so but remember you also have to get the wicks and wax so buying in bulk may be cheaper in the long term…

7 Likes

I don’t think that the wicks should prove a problem, either remove them or when you form the figure simply tuck them into the main body.

6 Likes

Yeah I bought myself molds for pillar candles of various sizes and wicks and dye.

I bought bulk wax, just hoping the wax I for will work with pillar candles not inside of a jar… apparently there is a difference when buying soy based waxes.

Tem

7 Likes

I wanted to do this i thought it would be fun with the male and female torsos representing the godedss and god but wasn’t sure if i could do it… I think i will do some more research before attempting to make some…

7 Likes

That’s fine! You could do that! I would. It’s actually a great idea!

7 Likes

I will suggest you to make it by yourself.

1. Have some wax pastel colours, remove its labels and crush it. ​Take an envelope, put the crushed wax pastel colours into it.

2. Take one candle, put it into pan and start melting it. Take thik cotton yarn, deep it into the malted candle wax. Remove the yarn tfter 5minute. When it get cold, then put the yarn into the envelope.

3. Close the envelope with rubber band. Shape it with with different types of rubber band like one for head, one for neck, one for waist, cut the envelope and rip it or use direct rubber band for hand and feet.

4. Then put it into microwave. Micro it simply for 5 minutes. Keep it inside microwave until it get cool.

5. Finally, when it get cold, then keep it out and remove the envelope. Your human shape candle will be ready.

8 Likes

You’re welcome, sweetie!

4 Likes