Identifying Antiques

Hahah I have never seen anything cooked with a blowtorch except crème brulée, and maybe marshmallows once at a campfire! :laughing: That’s a great memory, Garnet. Thanks for sharing

6 Likes

It’s a juicer to make tomato juice for canning. Lol I still have one of these that I use.

3 Likes

We used to use these in the meat industry when making blood sausages / boudin noire.

You’d strain the pigs blood to remove any clotting to make your sausages :wink:

Tem

4 Likes

Everything has many uses, thanks Tem

3 Likes

How marvelous! Thanks for this memory. I was only between 7-8, if that, so the memory was there for why we used it but not how. Now I do remember Daddy pumping this little lever up and down, real fast but not burning his fingers (poor man).

3 Likes

I’m afriad I’m hopeless when it comes to antiques, but thanks @Garnet for holding this fun guessing game! I learned about some fun new items :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope you don’t mind that I merged your four current antique posts into one master discussion. Hopefully this way, those interested can find all of the items you have shared in one neat location :grinning:

Happy guessing everyone!

3 Likes

When I was a child, Mom used the trivet as a table protector. For those 1950’s housewives that had fine wood dining tables and no insulated cover (used under a linen or lace tablecloth) to keep the heat from table and saving its finish.

2 Likes

s-l400
Think first half last century.

3 Likes

These are fun :slight_smile: I love guessing games!

4 Likes

Thanks but our group is so smart I’m having a hard time challenging them. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Never a problem with me :slight_smile: LOL

3 Likes

Was I right about the tire machine? :thinking:

3 Likes

With the first one, yes. although the 2nd has to do with tires you have to remember rubber innertubes. This is a gizmo used to put a hot patch on an innertube.

2 Likes

Oh a repair machine to patch the tube! That’s really cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Jim, great detective work, at the time these were used, tires had rubber innertubes. I’m posting a hot innertube patch gadget soon.
So you may be right and it was used with tires also.

1 Like