🌟 Imbolg Blessing Powder - Recipe

For Imbolg, I make a special cleansing, blessing, and protection powder to use in my home. I wanted to share the reasons here as well as the recipe and how to make it.

It is simple.

I mostly make things this way because of their simplicity. My witchcraft is in every aspect of my life, and this protection and blessing powder is no different. Imbolg is the time when I do my spring cleaning, like most witchy people, and that includes cleansing my home and hearth to make room for what I want to bring into the home. It also includes getting rid of the stagnating energies and any lingering negativity that may still be present. Let’s face it. We can’t be all positive all the time.

What will you need?

For this particular powder, I used the following…

• eggshells
  • oregano
  • fennel seeds
  • rosemary
  • sea salt

You’ll also need something to grind the ingredients down into a powder. I have a pestle and mortar, but I can’t use it for long periods of time. I switched halfway through making this powder to using my food processor because it’s easier on my hands. Then you’ll need an empty container of some sort to put the powder in when you’re finished, and a funnel if necessary.

Why those ingredients?

I chose these ingredients very mindfully. Each one serves a purpose in this powder, and their purposes are as follows.

• eggshells for protection - they have naturally protective qualities because of their chemical composition as well as their physical and spiritual energies
  • oregano for happiness and tranquility
  • fennel seeds for confidence and abundance
  • rosemary for success and peace in the household
  • sea salt for extra protection

If you are going to make a protection and blessing powder of your own, I suggest choosing your ingredients wisely based on what you want it to do. This powder is meant to neutralize any stagnant energy and attract the energies of protection, abundance, success, and tranquility.

How do you make it?

Start with the eggshells. These should be already cleaned and completely dry. I baked mine for about 20 minutes at 200F just to be sure no bacteria would be left on them. This step is optional, but I have a child and small animals and didn’t want to risk it.

Place some eggshells in your pestle and mortar and add a bit of each herb. Then begin the grinding process. I like to think about what it is I’m doing and why I’m doing it. If you’re using a food processor, put all the ingredients in the food processor at the same time and let it run for a few minutes.

When it is ground to your satisfaction, place it in the container you have chosen.

How do you use it?

This can vary depending on your home and how you clean. For me, I will be sprinkling this on the floor while I meditate and light some incense. I will open my doors and windows so the energy can flow freely. Then I will sweep in a clockwise direction after letting the powder sit for a little while. I will do this throughout my house, starting at the furthest room. In the rooms with carpet, I will simply vacuum up the powder after leaving it to sit for a while. After I have collected the powder in the vacuum or dustpan, I will walk outside and let the wind carry the powder away.

I repeat this particular process every year around Imbolg, but powders like this can be made any time of the year! If you are storing your powder, be sure you do it in a cool, dry, and dark place to discourage the growth of mold and bacteria. I do not recommend keeping it longer than a month, just to be on the safe side.

Do you make cleansing powders like this? And if you make this one, I’d love to hear your thoughts on the process and how it worked for you!

NOTE: All images except the first are from Pixabay.

8 Likes

Loved the video recipe!! :green_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:

The final mix looks great in the jar! I feel it’s a great ingredient for powdering amulets, candles, or blessing tools!

4 Likes

Thank you! It is definitely an all around powder. I actually use it to cleanse my home by using it as a floor wash. I sprinkle it on the floor, then sweep it away!

4 Likes