Incense Resin

So, I’m new to using charcoal disks and resins for burning herbs. Is Frankincense a good all purpose scent to start with? What would you recommend so I don’t have to buy a million resins right away lol. Thanks loves. :black_heart::magic_wand:

8 Likes

I’m sure someone can help you, but I stick to, um, sticks. LOL!

5 Likes

Lol, me too for now. I purchased some charcoal disks. I believe @Susurrus told me resin helps your herbs burn slower.

5 Likes

Hi @Assyla555! Yes as long as you don’t break the resin up too much & just a bit… it will slow the burn of the incense & on the charcoal disc :hugs: Which reminds me… I need to add some to the 2 incenses I just made for Brighid & the Morrigan. So thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

You’re welcome and thank you! By the way.
Do you by chance know if there’s an all purpose resin I could use that would work well with many spells/rituals/meditations so I don’t have to buy a bunch. Or are there a few you might recommend I start with?

5 Likes

For the resins… there are a couple of all-purpose substitutes that you can get:

• Frankincense can be substituted for any gum resin
  • Copal can be substituted for any gum resin

So for now, I would start with one or both of those as your resin & worry about the others as you find which incenses you will be making the most :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

5 Likes

@Susurrus by the way, would you recommend I use tongs to light my charcoal disks?

6 Likes

I have the tongs, sometimes I use them, most of the time I forget because I light the edge until it starts to spark then put it on a screen over my little cauldron. It kind of depends on what I’m using the charcoal disc in or on really.

Most of the time I use the screen on my mini cauldron.

5 Likes

Wow I have both of them!! :smiling_face: :relieved:

5 Likes

Both of what?

5 Likes

@Assyla555 I believe she is saying that she has both the Frankincense & Copal resins :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yeah siofra is right! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@Solasta_Amore Oh, duh :sweat_smile: sorry about that. My attention and temper was short this morning. I apologize if some spilt over into here. I know it might not seem like it did but it did. I apologize. @Solasta_Amore Which resin do you prefer of the two?

5 Likes

Oh c’mon! It did NOT split here! You just expressed your true feelings @Assyla555…also, I am myself not a very all-the-time-calm person, :joy: although I try to be, as I am working on it constantly! So I can understand! :kissing_heart: By the way, I have yet to know more about the Copal resin and yet to use it for cleansing too! (Shifting going on so I don’t get much time :unamused: ) I know the basics like it’s very good for raising vibrations and all but there’s way more to know right? That’s why I currently go with my Frankincense sticks when using resin incense. But here, take a look, I got many pins regarding various resin incenses that I have from Pinterest! They might just help you know a little more like me! :hugs:

Source Of Images - Pinterest

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Oooo more pins lol. Thanks so much! I will do some more research on resins as well. I like getting advice from you guys. You’re all knowledgeable :white_heart::waxing_crescent_moon::sparkles:

5 Likes

I never use tongs

6 Likes

Oh no… more Pins… :exploding_head: :laughing:

Most of the time I don’t, only if I’m using a different type of holder where I have to fit it inside… my hands don’t always agree with what I want them to be doing :rofl:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.