Instructions

Not sure if anyone can help
Certain places give me the option to create a topic but I can’t work out how to reply or comment on any topics or posts

Is there any instructions anywhere ?

Also how do I alter my account so it doesn’t show my full name please I’d rather have a nickname instead

Thankyou for any help
Blessed be love & light xx

9 Likes

Hi @laura16! I’m Siofra_Strega, a moderator here in the forum. If you let me know what you would like your username to be, I will be happy to change it for you :hugs:

You may want to go through:

Forum How-To :speech_balloon: Guides for Using the Forum!

There is a link for something called Discobot… that is an interactive tutorial.

Start the Interactive Forum Tutorial with Discobot!

Let me know about your name & if there is something more with replies or creating topics. I’ll be happybto make sure you’re comfortable using the forum.

If I don’t respond right away, there are other knowledgeable members that may be able to also help or you can tag all the moderators using the @ & moderators immediately after the symbol. No spaces. :hugs:

Let me know! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Good morning Laura!

I see that @Susurrus has already got you started with a few links to tutorials. That’s awesome! That first one has more than 10 (I think?) different tutorials written by the moderators to help you use the forum. The one you’re looking for in regard to your name is this one → 📛 How to Change Your Name and Username on Spells8

As for replying to new topics, the Discobot tutorial is going to be the easiest place to learn how to do that. But a quick rundown for replies in case you haven’t done the tutorial.

At the bottom of a topic there should be a bar with buttons kind of like this one (you won’t have the little wrench icon)

You’ll want to click or tap the one that says “Reply”. If that isn’t there, you may want to check your subscription and see if you have an active Spells8 subscription. Only members can post replies and new topics in most of the forum.

If that doesn’t work, I’m sure @Francisco will be able to help!

6 Likes

Closing old discussion