Is there a step between Broom Closet & Open Witch?

I can completely understand that @stavroula.

My teen years were completely different than now.

I remember when I was a teenager & practicing, I told my mom. I had a few friends that also knew & practiced. My family is Italian & Irish, brought up in the Roman Catholic church. Her parents were Roman Catholic too. So when she found that out, she would hear something outside or my cat would scratch at the door & she was convinced I conjured demons.

I’ll be the first to admit that my teen years were challenging all the way around; but she was also convinced that the music I listened to was Satanic & that I had an altar for Satanism somewhere in my room. So, I never mentioned it again & told her that I was no longer practicing. I still did for a couple of years, but did wind up stopping as life happened.

However for the last 2 years, the positive changes in my life since embracing it, have definitely been worth keeping it within a small circle & not discussing it with those I know won’t give it the time of day or try to listen.

So I agree with @stavroula & @Amaris_Bane that who else knows… doesn’t make you any less of who you are as a Witch or a person. :heart:

7 Likes

whoever else) not knowing that I practice does not make me less of a witch; we do not have to characterize ourselves in some way (in /out/ in between the closet) so to be able to practice; we just have do “our thing “, focused on the path we’ve chosen while being safe from whoever is around us people and spirits alike

Well said!

I grew up with the same kind of close minded religion. My mom thinks I am a hippy. :joy:

7 Likes

Thank you :hugs: :rofl:

5 Likes

@crystal5 hey doll, i believe that it’s solely at your discretion who u tell

6 Likes

Perfectly said & 100% true :100:

6 Likes

In my experience, I’m totally agree with you, I have some mixed feelings about telling people that I’m a witch. When I travel, I like to go to natural places to “picking up ingredients” o enter in some metaphysical shop to get a “souvenir” from the place I’m visiting (yeah, fridge magnets are not enough for me :rofl: ) and some friends look at me as a weird girl, so I try to do this things with people that I don’t care if they see me picking flowers and collecting sticks.
I had to tell to my boyfriend when I came home with a new cauldron and a lot of witch related thing, but his family don’t know, I don’t feel comfortable telling them neither, although the bought me for my birthday some books about witchcraft, but I think they see me as an esoterism freak! :rofl:

Its depends on what you feel right, if sharing the news makes you feel happy and comfortable go ahead!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.