It is what it is…

You might to keep the face of the Lord a little hard to determine so you can tell your husband that it’s supposed to be him, instead of having him ask why you’re drawing pictures of some other guy, lol.

7 Likes

Behind glass and framed, this is a center piece.

7 Likes

You are certainly gifted.

7 Likes

Not much of an artist!!! No ma’am you ARE an artist and you have an amazing talent. That’s far better than some of the things I have drawn free-hand. And I had a studio and an art boutique. That drawing is spectacular and whoever said you can’t… Well it’s like my granny always said “can’t never could do nothing.” (I know that grammar is awful but my granny was a 92 year old woman raised in Alabama and had 14 kids that she birthed at home type of country lol) that word “can’t” needs to be wiped out of your vocabulary for good. You can do anything you want to do as long as your head and heart work together on it. You wanted and felt the pull to draw that gorgeous picture of your deity and your deity is proud of it and honored I can feel it. I want you to try this exercise I’ve been working on myself. Every time I have a thought like “I can’t do it” or “I’m not able” I repeat that thought or sentence with “I can do this” “I’m capable of this” and I repeat it until my mind and heart push into overdrive and I do it. I challenge myself basically because if someone else tells me I can’t or won’t do something I stubbornly will do it just out of spite so I’ve started treating the monster in my head that tears me down the same way. Frame that picture, love. Place it on your altar with pride because it’s astoundingly perfect and Hecate would be thrilled to receive it as an offering.

9 Likes

You are so talented. That is beautiful :heart_eyes: it’s so special I would totally frame that one!

4 Likes

hahaha would be a good idea but regardless the woman is not supposed to be me… To be honest he would be annoyed even if it was just a cat drawing so i tend not to take his criticism to heart i just go along my days trying to keep positive… I draw us once and he thought i drew him horrid on purpose but to be honest it is a spitting image of him the pic i drew…

7 Likes

Thank you @Garnet you are too kind… :blush:

5 Likes

There is some really good YouTube videos about reshaping negative thoughts to positive. Just remember it takes I believe 45 day to change 1 habit.
@TheMuslimWitch you truly are an incredible artist. Own it!

8 Likes

Thank you this is one of the best given advice i have heard… I do tend to say can’t a lot as i have been told i cannot do many things and the only things i am capable of is making a mess of everything… I hope someday i can become passionate just as you are and i do tend to draw, write and create to say in a way to myself ‘good job’ since i do not get this appreciation else where, so your word and other member’s words are honestly taken to heart to remind myself that i can do things…
I love your grandma’s words… :blush: , Don’t worry my mum was born on a farm where her mum had 11 kids and my mum tells me about the days they had to go to school with no shoes and barbed wire got in her foot, and how the indent on her ear is from a rooster she had… I just love to hear these things it reminds me of the real hardy women we have in this world… :grinning:

8 Likes

Thank you and i will try… :blush:

6 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch girl my dad had 13 brothers and sisters. My granny had my uncle, her oldest, when she was 14. She had every one of her kids at home and would still make home made biscuits for breakfast every day. The day after she’d have one of her kids the older kids would bring her a bowl and all the ingredients for her to mix dough and get the biscuits ready to go in the oven. I never met a stronger, loving, no nonsense woman. I pray everyday that I can be like her.

7 Likes

I may not know much about astrology, but behavior is my business. It depends upon the habit. Specifically, how long the habit has been in place, the frequency of the reinforcement of the habit, the presence of contextual cues for the replacement habit, type and frequency of reinforcement for the replacement habit and social supports.

Time to effect a habit change varies, and is actually a range. For the average adult with moderate social supports the minimum time for a low level habit is 18 days. The average is 67 days, so if you don’t make it to March 7, your New Year’s resolution doesn’t stand a chance.

The problem is that after one year a new habit has only a 57% chance of surviving extinction. It takes five years to get to 93%. This is part of what makes addiction so hard. Not only is the substance addicting but your own brain’s programming is working against you. But it can be done. “Can’t” never could do nothing. :wink:

This is pretty simplified - not because I think anyone is stupid, but because I don’t want to write a paper and you don’t want to read one.

8 Likes

I love it. I work in psychology but on the very basic level. But I love listening to peoples information. Thank you for clarifying. Habits and addictions are a hard one to conquer for sure.

8 Likes

I am not an addictions therapist or substance abuse counselor, but my work intersects with theirs. I work with court involved adolescents, so habit extinction, habit formation, behavior change, behavior management - whatever you want to call it, it’s a big part of what I do.

For others. Doesn’t mean I’m any good at applying it to myself, lol!

8 Likes

Bahahah! I’m in the same boat. I go home and am glad I have an hour drive to calm down and relax sometimes. It’s easy to influence others to do better but to implement these things to ourselves is much more complicated. I actually had to make my own appointment with a naturopathic doctor to help me get into some better habits. I’m looking forward to that me time.

7 Likes

@anon87969570 there you go showing off how wise you are. :crazy_face: Interesting facts about substance abuse and addiction though. But I would like to pitch my 2 cents in the jar and it can be taken with a grain of salt as I have no psychology background other than being in therapy for the past 18 years but I DO have an addiction background. And while I can completely see how those odds stack up for recovering addicts it also really depends on the frequency of use, the dosage and method of delivery as to how to difficult it is to recover (that part I totally relate to) however it also depends on the overall mindset and willpower of the person breaking said addiction. A stubborn, head strong, rebellious type is more likely to overcome it than someone who is a people pleaser, has low self esteem or motivation. For example I’m the type that if I’m told “I can’t” or “I won’t” or “do not” do something then you can guarantee I’m gonna try every which way but up to do it just to prove you wrong. That being said I’ve been an addict for almost 10 years and I have successfully quit cold turkey for up to 2 1/2 years straight before my last 2 year run. But that relapse came with a new more dangerously addictive method of delivery so putting it down at all was impossible for a long time but I did it in may. I have relapsed 1 time and it was literally just the once in the last 5 months but I’m back on my path and have zero cravings or desire to backslide again, but the difference with breaking a substance addiction vs other “habits” is that once you pass those milestones for success rates you’re pretty much in the clear on not picking it back up. With “habits” like mine it’s 50/50 for the rest of my life because 1 bad day or exposure to it could trigger that craving to flare and I have to start from square one again if overdose due to low tolerance levels doesn’t solve the issue first.
Just my 2 cents from the other side of the statistics fence and like I said I have no education in psychology but I do have a long history and knowledge of the addiction/recovery aspect

7 Likes

It’s absolutely a state of mind and a constant battle! I have a food addiction and I had control for two years until stress and depression got to me this last year. I gained 30lbs back after loosing almost 90! Grrr. It’s a real struggle. I do good for a week then… a tub of ice cream cuz I’m stressing! I think we can all agree that overcoming and staying away from addiction and bettering our habits has tons of factors involved.
I think statistically @anon87969570 was just putting numbers out of the average. Not individually. As you said it’s way more than what statistics and we all know this.
You @phoenix_dawn have made an amazing journey and are growing so much each day. Don’t ever think otherwise.

6 Likes

My ‘computer’ and gaming addiction took 3-5 months to break without any support. I was addicted to PC gaming and virtual worlds since 1992 and could spend 8-16 hours on a PC away from real life daily.

It took psychedelics and a ‘self-hypnosis’ to finally break it.

I still remember the experience I took, which was an outer-body experience where I saw myself leaving my body, into and through the living room window which was a portal into another dimension.

In the room I entered, was a wall with hundreds of body ‘suits’ of myself. I could stop at each one and read its qualities and pick to remove what I don’t like about myself and replace it with qualities that I wanted.

I picked the suit that I wished. Which removed the attachment to being on a computer into online-gaming and more focused on my kids, my wife and family as being a better family focused father doing everything I can for my kids to grow up the best they can be. I returned through the window and back into my body in its replacement ‘suit’ (or I entered another version of myself through the multiverse, who knows?).

It stuck on my mind for a long while, but it took at least 3 months before the change finally came. The brain conditioning was there, and I was reconditioning my subconscious by thinking about it and remembering the experience.

When it came, it came on strong. You all saw I shredded my computer room and have turned it into a meditation chamber. Today I am on Spells8 as part of this change of myself with this community.

Tem

8 Likes

Without a doubt! Research and statistics are based on groups, and cannot account for individual differences. It really is a complex thing for any habit, all the more so when chemical dependency is figured in. And then there is the neurological aspect, which gets really deep.

Your struggles are and have been nothing less than heroic - and don’t you ever forget it.

And I just “know stuff.” Wisdom is putting knowledge in action, and I struggle as much as anybody. But thank you, it feels good to get a compliment. :grin::grin:

9 Likes

Geez, I should have read yours first! You said everything I did more succintly!

@Temujin_Calidius, congratulations on your success! Every path is different, and sounds like you found yours.

8 Likes