It it okay to sleep with a mirror nearby?

My feet are pointing at the door. It’s the only way my bed will fit in my tiny room.

12 Likes

If there’s not a door on the other side of the room, there’s also the option to sleep the other way? Though directly facing a wall isn’t very appealing either.

I guess it comes down to this for most :sweat_smile:
Have to compromise. But what I like about feng shui is that it makes unconscious influences in our living spaces more explicit, like the mirror thing. Instead of something feeling odd you can point to it, change it if you can or either accept or try to minimize it if not. :pink_heart:

11 Likes

I would rather sleep with my feet to the door then my head. Lol! I want to see what’s coming to get me.

11 Likes

Same. Then our steel armoured duvets can protect us. :rofl:

10 Likes

I’m starting to get where the door thing comes from… I think the ideal positioning would be wall right behind the bed (no one could sneak behind you), and the door at the other side of the room, on the side and not directly facing. That way whoever came from the door, you’d see them before they saw you, and the distance would allow you to jump out of the bed and grab the scimitar from the nearby wall :sweat_smile: :black_heart:

11 Likes

Same. And I like having some restrictions on my design and creativity. When I can literally do anything I want, my brain freezes up like, “ANYTHING?! :scream:” The best creative projects I’ve seen have had very clear restrictions that they don’t stray from, and everything fits together because it was intentionally done so.

That’s just my view, anyway. Obviously, what looks good is very subjective. But it’s hard for me not to think about it in this way since making things look good is a big part of my job.

We used to have a loft bed and it felt so safe because anyone entering the room would be out of reach. We could just jump on them from up high if we had to. :laughing:

That explains why not having your back to the door when sitting at a desk is so advised. :thinking: It’s written as an energy thing, but it’s also a big safety thing.

10 Likes

That’s a good point too… a template is friendlier than an empty paper :smile:

10 Likes

My thoughts exactly @Ostara ! My head is buy a window now and I can open my curtains and let the moon shine down on me. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

10 Likes

That sounds truly beautiful. :sparkles: :black_heart:

10 Likes

I have a mirror at the edge of my bed to bounce energy into my nieghbors apartment. I can’t see myself. Cause I raised them higher than the bed. Does that matter? I also realized I have another one on that wall that is triangle… Should I cover them at night?

11 Likes

If you were to follow feng shui, that would be fine. Because it’s not actually pointing at you. :smile:

If it would make you feel more comfortable, sure. :black_heart: But if you can’t even see yourself in it when sleeping, it’s really not necessary.

My main rule with feng shui is to use it positively. Not let not doing something give me any anxiety. That kind of defeats the point, in my opinion.

11 Likes

When we moved into our house, the master bedroom has these large mirrored closet doors. 7 years later, we’ve never had any issues.

11 Likes

In the house I grew up in my parents room was the same way. The bed was sideways with the ned, but the dresser mirror was toward their feet. We always saw shadow people in the house. :fearful: More on that tomorrow!

11 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @starborn . I think looked up the feng shui before i hung it but you seem like an expert. So i wanted to ask. But when reading that it says that it amplifys energy and can be a portal sometimes it feels like there is ceazy energy in my room on certain evenings. Like spirits or entities i am wondering if it is inviting them in…

10 Likes

I can’t believe I’m only thinking to mention this now… :woman_facepalming:

There are ways to negate things we can’t really change, if that’s something you’re interested in. The solution I use is just to hang emperor coins on my door. They’re good for good luck, anyway.

But I’ll have to return for more about that 'cause I’m currently in meetings at work. :sweat_smile:

For now, there’s some info here:

11 Likes

Thanks I will check this out. Have a good meeting :blush:

10 Likes

The main reason I am extra careful of where I place every mirror in my house. This is because of something that happened in my daughter’s room maybe 4 or 5 years ago. I’ll give more details if you’d like, but after investigating her room… I could immediately feel the awful energy coming straight from her mirror on her dresser. I have had my share of all types of ghostly/spiritual/paranormal experiences, but I don’t even pretend to know what all is out there. I just know this entity was trying to copy my daughter (she was 12 or 13 at the time).
I don’t generally get scared at the first signs of an unwelcome entity in my home, but my first encounter with this and I was immediately getting my cleansing herbs and crystals, black salt (everything, I pulled out all the stops on this one). I was able to banish it without too much difficulty, thank the gods.

But since then, I’m extra cautious. I make sure that our dresser mirrors, or any other mirrors are not right in front or side of our beds, I never have mirrors facing each other and I cleanse and lock all mirrors
Recently, I was on the phone with a friend (who is an extremely talented psychic). I was starting to tell her about that and she cut me off and said whatever it was, it never actually left. She asked if there was a TV or anything across from that mirror and I said no. Then she asked, what about a clock? I’m seeing a grandfather clock. My daughter has a mini version. She said it had moved to the clock and had been stuck there ever since, unable to get out. But she sensed something and told me to do a full ritual cleanse on this thing. Good news, all is clear in my home for the moment anyway lol.

Unfortunately I came to realize years ago that entities are drawn to witches. Whether for help or something else.

Sorry, I kinda rambled on there…

:purple_heart:Lynnea​:star:
:gemini::aquarius::cancer:

12 Likes

Omg! LMAO!

Of course when I was younger, if my blanket covered my neck, I believed I was safe vampires. :vampire:

So true!

9 Likes

I always feel weird around mirrors since I was a kid. Especially at night I feel shivers if I pass from one. They creep me out.
In the bedroom I have one over the vanity table next to the bed, but it faces the wall and a rose painting xD
In regard of feng shui, I was lucky enough to be able to put the bed in the command position and mostly played with wall colours, furniture finishing or artwork. The good thing is that “modern” feng shui takes account of the fact that we live in weirdly structured places and offers remedies/cures to fix the energy.
For example I miss a big chunk of the south sector (fire), I put out in the balcony a wooden chime with red beads (wood feeds fire)

8 Likes

I have a mirror facing my bedroom door from the other side, so that I can see myself when I open the door. Last night while going to the bathroom I saw myself with empty eye sockets, before I would’ve been startled but now I just giggled :smile: I wonder if it was just a silly trick, or if there was a significance to it. I have been feeling kinda dissociated recently, maybe I need to do some grounding and centering again. :black_heart:

9 Likes