2 eggs lightly beaten
¾ cup milk
½ –¾ cup honey depending on how sweet you like your muffins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups loosely packed dandelion flower petals- base and green leaves removed
2 tablespoons culinary lavender
½ cup chopped nuts optional

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Generously grease 10 cups in a muffin pan.

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.

Combine the butter, eggs, milk, honey, and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the dandelion petals, lavender flowers, and nuts, if using, and stir until just combined.

Fill the prepared muffin cups to the top with batter. Bake for 14 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Recipe courtesy of Alii Kula Lavender.com

7 Likes

Those sound yummy!

6 Likes

Thanks! I think I’ll rename them to Muffins of Summer. Glad you liked it!

5 Likes

Thank you, @Amethyst, for this unusual recipe. It sounds :thinking: so interesting, I’m saving it! :writing_hand: I have added Lavender Essential Oil to a few recipes, but I’ve never tried cooking with dandelion and lavender flowers! :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Umm, hello? Where has this recipe been all my life? :joy: :heart:

You’ve got another vote from me- this is the perfect name! :grinning: Bright, cheery dandelions and the elegant lavender that blooms on hot days- these really are the perfect summer muffins :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much for this recipe, @Amethyst! :blossom: :purple_heart: :cupcake:

2 Likes

I know they sell lavender flowers at Kroger’s, but I think you’ll have to pick the dandelions if you make this. That’ll just make them witchier! LOL! Glad you like it, @marsha!

You’re welcome, my dear! It sounded like a summer recipe that a forest would make, you know? Glad you like it!

3 Likes

Hi @Amethyst, I have some dried Lavender flowers I saved from last summer I could use in this recipe. I haven’t looked at Kroger, but our local Vitamin Cottage sells organic Lavender, maybe Dandelions too. I might add a little bit of my Lavender Essential Oil as well! :purple_heart: :cupcake: :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

It does! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This gives me a rather sweet visual of Gaia (or perhaps another Earth deity, but Gaia came to mind first!) wearing an apron of flowers while doing some baking- it’s Mama Nature cooking with love! I bet She would make something like lavender dandelion muffins :green_heart: :blush: :bouquet:

1 Like

If you make them, @marsha let us know how they turn out. I’m really interested!

What a lovely mental image!

3 Likes

Totally making these! I have a prolific amount of dandelions around and… I have never eaten one! Sounds like a yummy summer treat!

4 Likes

Let us know how they turn out!

2 Likes