Lavender Tea Bread 💜

This isn’t gluten-free, but with the right flour, it could be made that way. Hope you like it!

Lavender Tea Bread :purple_heart:

3/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp. dried lavender flowers finely chopped, or 3 Tbsp.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. butter softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs

Simple Glaze

1 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 spoon of lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp Almond milk or regular milk

Directions:

Lavender Tea Bread

Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Heat milk with lavender almost to a boil, then steep until cool, allowing the lavender to infuse into the milk.

In the meantime combine flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.

In another bowl cream butter & sugar until smooth, then add eggs, one at a time, beating until light and fluffy.

Add flour mixture alternately with lavender milk, in three parts. Mix until the batter is just blended, do not overbeat.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.

Once the bread has cooled completely, drizzle with a simple sugar glaze or sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Garnish with sprigs of fresh lavender.

Simple Glaze

Combine the ingredients until smooth and drizzle over cooled bread, garnish with fresh sprigs of lavender.

Recipe courtesy of Alii Kula Lavender.

9 Likes

Oh! I love Lavender :purple_heart: Tea :tea: :heart_eyes:

This sounds perfect to go with it! :hugs:

8 Likes

I also found a recipe on that site for lavender dandelion muffins. That’s gonna show up soon too! LOL!

8 Likes

Ack! You’re killing me @Amethyst :laughing: I was just outside like… “Huh, I wonder what I could do with these dandelions this year?” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Hee! It sounds so summery, doesn’t it?

7 Likes

It sounds great for now through summer! I want a nice sunny :sun: day to have it with the tea on my back porch!

7 Likes

It’s supposed to be gloomy here all week, with possible snow on Wednesday. I swear, Mother Nature is bipolar!

6 Likes

Hooray! :purple_heart: :blush:

We had so much fun with harvesting and using lavender from the garden last year- I’ve been counting down the months until the season comes back around!

This sounds like a wonderful way to use lavender, and who doesn’t love more tea recipes? Thank you so much for sharing this one, Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

You’re welcome, love! It just seemed perfect for Beltane.

6 Likes

Agreed! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks again, Amethyst!

6 Likes

I love lavender and this looks so yummy! Thank you @Amethyst :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

You’re welcome, my dear! I’m glad you liked it!

5 Likes

Thanks for the recipe! My first lavender bread!

It didn’t specify the size of spoonful of lemon so I made the glaze nice and lemony. My husband liked the bread. He said it was a nice light flavour.

I agree. It is a nice light flavour and went nicely with a cup of tea. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

4 Likes

It looks so pretty! I’m glad it turned out well!

4 Likes

I sure wish it was possible to download food- your Lavender Bread looks delicious, Phoenix! :heart_eyes: Enjoy! :purple_heart:

5 Likes