Learning Astrology

I just recently started well, in the last few months… connecting astrology with astronomy. The Stellarium app has helped with that part for me though in different ways. But going further with it I have been mostly doing it on my own :smiling_face:

Thank you @tracyS, yes I have studied astrology & taken courses. So I am somewhat knowledgeable about it. @Cosmic_Curiosity really has a great way of explaining things, especially with his posts & graphics. :hugs:

7 Likes

I can’t not see a tuning fork when I look at it. :sweat_smile:

[Image source]

What an amazing 11 year old. :exploding_head:

Thank you. This is really helping me to understand. :pray:

With these things that go into a lot more detail, I feel more understood. The simple “you’re a Taurus and here’s what your like” definitions have often left me feeling misunderstood.

Similar to those Myers-Briggs personality types… I feel like the INTJ reports are all written by someone who doesn’t like INTJs. (Sometimes I get INTP. Moods. :woman_shrugging:)

I feel the same. :joy: I’m so fascinated by the universe outside our earthly bubble, yet so much of it goes over my head. I’ve been studying the hard science side of it for a while and even then, it just seems like there are so many leaps in logic. But I kind of love that. Like, that there’s still something undiscovered that I can explore. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

You’re welcome, I’m happy it’s just as helpful for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s interesting hearing about how people feel about such descriptions… for me it’s more like “that’s me, yes, that’s me too, that couldn’t be any further from me, don’t connect with that one either, that one resonates…” :smile_cat: And it’s very interesting seeing how the chart comes together, the parts that resonate especially strongly or weakly being explained by some other planetary influence. :sparkles:

I see myself in my chart, so it’s easy for me to believe astrology works, let’s put it that way :joy: It may not be the case for everyone, and I understand that, another mirror might be more useful for them at that point. I see many things from that point of view… what works for you right now is the best tool for your growth :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Yes, I love that part! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: When there’s so much to learn, so much to know, it’s like I could keep going forever and ever. I’m the kind of person who wants to know why something happens, or how something works – so the Universe, space, and all the stars are intriguing, for sure, but also give me such an existential crisis and anxiety because I can never, ever understand how it all works. I mean, I don’t think we ever will, nor are we probably supposed to, but that just makes my brain and heart hurt :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I recommend Yasmin Boland’s book on the topic.

7 Likes

This (Astrology.for Beginners) is one of the first books on Astrology that I read. A good foundation for starting off.

6 Likes

My favorite cheat sheets for the houses are on the Labyrinthos site. I find those clear and easy to understand. I routinely use the astro-seek.com site to determine things like moon signs, build birth charts, transit charts, solar returns, etc. for myself and loved ones. It’s also handy for charting void of course times. One drawback about astro-seek I find (personally) is that their narrative interpretations of transits seems to veer negative, but the calculations are really handy. I’ve sometimes cross referenced to transit explanations on [Astrology King when I want to understand a transit better] when I want a quick and clear explanation (https://astrologyking.com/), e.g., what does it mean to have BM Lilith in Capricorn as a natal placement or transit? Very helpful transit explanations on Astrology King. I also like Cafe Astrology, especially the “good days/bad days” calendar and reasonably priced personal forecasts, which I buy every year. Two ways you can learn more about astrology is to check the daily “forecast” of planetary alignments. Astrology.com will send this information to post on your Google calendar, which I find helpful. I also listen to YouTube astrologers. Everyone seems to have a different approach, but the one from whom I personally find I learn the most about the nuts and bolts of astrology as it is happening would be Molly McCord.

6 Likes

I agree. There are some things that really throw a big spanner into the works. For example, there are things we cannot observe without changing them, for the act of observation fires photons at the object. If the thing is small enough, it can be affected by this.

There are things we cannot perceive at all. Some things we’ve hypothesised based on their interactions with things around them, so we could 100% be wrong about what we’re talking about. And with others, we have some idea and can measure to some degree, but it’s also, like, not really?

What we think we know today could always be proven wrong tomorrow. But in a sense, our ability to wonder, explore, and investigate, nevertheless, is what drives us. Even if all we’re exploring is ourselves, which is itself a wonderful thing to explore. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(I can’t believe I left this in my drafts for so long. I know I felt anxious about posting it, but I don’t remember why anymore, so let’s do this! :laughing:)

By the way, I never got around to thanking you, @mary25, for all of those resources! It’s really appreciated. :pray:

You’ve all helped me a lot since way back when I posted this. Thank you. :black_heart:

7 Likes