COPING means to invest one’s own conscious effort, to solve personal and interpersonal problems, in order to try to master, minimize or tolerate stress and conflict. The psychological coping mechanisms are commonly termed coping strategies or coping skills. Wikipedia
Today’s skill is Self-Soothe
Coping strategies focused on improving your mood that you can do on your own are sometimes described as Self-Soothing or self-care coping strategies. Effective self-soothing coping strategies may be those that involve one or more of the five senses (touch, taste, smell, sight, and sound).
Examples include but are not limited to:
- taking a long bath with herbs/ essential oils:herb:
- hold a crystal and write down what you’re
- giving yourself a facial
- doing make-up when you usually wouldn’t💄
- pick flowers for yourself and place them in
water to see when you’re not feeling well
- hug yourself🤗
- listen to soothing music
- take a nature walk
- read a book that you might enjoy
- tell yourself “I love you” because you’re beautiful in each and every way! And you will get through this!!