Let's talk about dreams 😴

I found this gorgeous Dream Journal by Ted Baker in TK Maxx a couple of days ago - very excited to get started! :sleeping: :new_moon:

Isn’t it beautiful? I just had to share!

There’s a whole bit for short-term and long-term life goals as well as the dreams you’re having each night and each page encourages doodling and moodboards. :star_struck:

Anyway I really struggle to remember my dreams these days so I went searching through the forum for tips… and I just had a great time reading through the challenge some of you did last month!

I’d love to hear how things have progressed since then?!

Has anyone been lucid dreaming?
Have you seen any interesting signs, messages or patterns in your dreams?
Do you have any new tips for dream pillows or teas?
Have you just had a cool dream or do you have a pretty journal you want to share? Please do! :heart_eyes:

Some related posts for more info on dream magic:

5 Likes

I enjoy lucid dreaming! I use chamomile, lavender and mugwort in dream pillows, along with lavender essential oil. Maybe an amethyst or celestite crystal.

5 Likes

I’m still not remembering my dreams long enough to write them down, not even on paper. I know I dream, I just can’t remember them. Then again my sleep schedule has been weird. Maybe once that straightens out I’ll remember more.

4 Likes

What a coincidence! Last night I was thinking about this same topic, the dream Magick challenge of last week.

This morning I woke up with a fresh dream in my mind, really strange though, where I saw this symbol on the floor: the Seal of Solomon.

330px-Seal_of_Solomon_(Simple_Version).svg

This hexagram is one of the oldest and most universal spiritual symbols and represents Divine Union: Being composed of a female, watery triangle, and a male, fiery triangle.

This month I have been trying to have a lucid dream but so far no success. What used to work for me was waking up and going back to bed, but I haven’t found a good way to fit that in my schedule these days. However, I have been writing down lots of dreams.

That’s a really nice journal, @Limeberry!! Have you started using it?

3 Likes

Haha coincidence orrrr…? :woman_mage:t2: :joy:

Seeing the symbol is very cool!

So far I’ve just had a nap - which I only remembered flashes of.
I used https://www.dreamlookup.com/
and http://www.mydreamvisions.com/
as recommended on another post to help give meaning to the little bits I remember.
Apparently I need to get better at asking for help in achieving my goals.
One particularly interesting image I do remember was physically taking parts of the waxing crescent moon in my hands - taking pieces of it as if to use them. :waxing_crescent_moon: :thinking:

Ooh that’s so cool! What’s it like???
Thanks for sharing the dream pillow! I need to get my paws on some mugwort :smirk_cat:

I feel you. Other than the couple of flashes of this nap I just had I’ve really struggled to remember anything recently. I just read that Red Jasper is supposed to be excellent for dream recall if you’re into crystals? I’m adding it to my next ‘witchy shtuff’ order.

Keep the hints and tips coming! It’s the weekend and I’ve got some dreaming to do! :joy:

4 Likes

I have a had a few more dreams that I remembered long enough to write them down and one lucid dream. Once I figured out I was lucid dreaming, I woke up. I am on a new medication for sleep, so dreaming and remembering them have been harder.

I just filled one journal and I have my new one ready to go. I saw a nice dream journal at Michael’s too when we went to get my daughter her first journal.

3 Likes

Well, it looks like I need some red jasper. I’ve had in on my wish list for a while, but just haven’t gotten around to it. Too busy with my new tea hobby I guess. Looks like I know what I’m buying at the first of the month. Thanks @Limeberry! :smiley:

3 Likes

@christina4, I’ve been sleeping with a small amethyst by my side or under my pillow.

5 Likes

Hooray dream magick! :sleeping::two_hearts: This has become one of my favorite aspects of magick- I liked it before the challenge, but seeing everyone’s ideas was so inspirational! I actually started a new type of dream journal- inspired by @CelestiaMoon, I’ve started discussing my dreams with my partner. It really does help to remember them and analyze them! :laughing:

I also have a little pouch of lavender (a dream pillow like @roxanne makes!) and if I’m struggling to sleep I spray a lavender mist spray (similar to @silverBear’s amazing Sleepy Time Potion) over my bed :bed:

The dream magick was a fun challenge- everyone had such great ideas! Thanks for bringing this back up, @LimeBerry! :blush:

5 Likes

@Amethyst, I’m the same! Unless it’s something specific I don’t remember. I remember at the time. However, if start to write them at that moment, I can’t get back to sleep lol… maybe I should use my phone-recorder. Keep the app open and be ready to record. And than write in my dream-journal after I’m up. My sleeping patterns are also all over the place.

3 Likes

I had a dream last night and all I can remember is a vague memory of an alien invasion. I have no idea where to go with that. LOL

3 Likes

Lol. That’s too funny! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It is! All I can remember is sneaking around so the aliens wouldn’t find me. I have no idea where my head is at. :crazy_face:

4 Likes