Sleepy Time Potion

I was working on this and didn’t finish it in time for the Dream Challenge! OOPS!

This could have helped! :sleeping:

Sleepy Time Potion!

Have trouble sleeping? Obviously if this is a serious issue please consult you PCP. Sleep deprivation can cause a lot of health issues such as memory issues, concentration, mood changes, high blood pressure, weight gain, weakened immune system, anxiety, depression, risk of diabetes, heart disease, low sex drive and poor balance.

If sleep deprivation goes on for too long, it can cause hallucinations, paranoia, suicidal thoughts, and trigger mania in people who have bipolar mood disorder. You may also end up experiencing microsleep during the day.

During these episodes, you’ll fall asleep for a few to several seconds without realizing it. Microsleep is out of your control and can be extremely dangerous if you’re driving or operating heavy machinery!

Getting less than 7 hours of sleep on a regular basis can eventually lead to health consequences. Of course, sometimes we just have trouble shutting our brain off to relax enough to actually fall asleep.

Check out this video for some tips on “getting in the sleep zone” and a little sleepy time potion recipe and chant!

8 Likes

Thank you for this! I go through periods of sleep deprivation and I have experienced a lot of these issues in the past. I am working on a good bedtime routine for me that includes a little meditation to get me to sleep. As I have mentioned before, I wake usually once a night each night. Sometimes more than that and sometimes I go right back to sleep, other times it takes hours, or not at all. My husband likes what I have done in the room to keep it calm in here, I open the windows and light a lavender incense to keep it smelling nice and calm throughout the day and evening.

3 Likes

Thanks for this post and for the great video! I have bipolar and have had lost so much sleep once that I went an entire week without sleep! I now have it under control. Unfortunately you can’t cure bipolar but it is treatable. I will definitely be making a sleep potion! :wink::metal::dizzy::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I have recently been having some minor sleep issues. I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type with severe generalized anxiety and panic associated with PTSD. When I was in my 20s I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and after a few nervous breakdowns, I progressed. Now we have it under control with minimal medications and more lifestyle changes. I’m not a fan of taking a bunch of medication or medications for the side effects of other medications… just doesn’t seem like a good idea for your body. Since I also have hEDS with Fibromyalgia I do have a pain regimen, but even that is minimal because I love my TENS unit, rice pillows, ice packs, and the like for those types of things. Meditation has helped a lot with my anxiety and my overwhelming feelings. With all of that being said, I watched the video again and still enjoy it and think I will try it out too!

3 Likes

I have a similar sleep potion with a witch hazel base and lavender- I love it! Whenever I find myself tossing and turning but unable to go to sleep, I love to spray my pillows. A few minutes later and I’m out like a light! :sleeping: You’ve got a great mix of ingredients in this sleep potion- I’ll bookmark this for when it’s time to make a new spray! Thanks so much for sharing, @SilverBear :purple_heart:

1 Like

@BryWisteria I have a lavender mist that I use when I can’t sleep either. I made it with witch hazel, lavender oil and lavender buds. I love lavender!

2 Likes

That sounds so relaxing, @christina4! :heart_eyes: And yes- lavender is such a great smell! :purple_heart: I have friends who say it smells like cleaning products so they don’t like it- but I’ve always found “chemically” lavender smells nothing like the real, natural flowers. It’s a great scent and oh-so-relaxing too! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I agree, the chemical lavender products don’t small like the real thing!

2 Likes

I got my box of oils last week, I actually did not make the potion, but instead I add them to a cool mist diffuser beside my bed. It seems to be helping.

2 Likes

@Katt I just received some essential oils and I made the elemental spray, I want to get a cool mist diffuser for the same reason, but I am worried up my dog that stays with me when I am asleep or on bed rest. I have to watch when I do the incense that one of them isn’t in the room with me too.

1 Like

@Susurrus all 3 of my dogs and the cat stay in the room with no issues.

2 Likes