Liberate & Levitate: The Unburdening Moonlight Rite

With @Amethyst’s post on the upcoming Blue Moon, I decided I would share the spell I plan to do.

Looking to shed old habits and welcome fresh vibes? Use this ritual/spell to say goodbye to those pesky thought patterns and habits that have overstayed their welcome. I designed this ritual to blend the power of intention-setting and the flames of transformation. A dash of tarot can help you gain insight and guidance on what you need to let go.

Moonlight Liberation Spell with Tarot Divination

Tools and Ingredients:

• Black candle
  • Piece of paper or parchment
  • Pen
  • Cauldron or fire-safe bowl
  • Salt or sand
  • Essential oil (lavender, sage, or frankincense)
  • Tarot deck
  • Matches or a lighter

Step-by-Step Directions:

1. Preparation:

• Find a quiet and comfortable space where you can focus without distractions.
    • Lay out your tools and light your working space with the soft glow of the candles.
  2. Cleansing and Grounding:

• Light the black candle, allowing its flame to guide you into a meditative state.
    • Take deep breaths to center yourself, visualizing roots extending from your body into the Earth, grounding you.
  3. Tarot Divination:

• Shuffle your tarot deck while focusing on the thought patterns, habits, and practices you wish to release.
    • Draw three cards. These cards will represent the past, present, and future aspects of what you’re letting go.
  4. Writing Your Intentions:

• On the piece of paper, write down the key insights from the tarot cards. Reflect on how these cards relate to the unhealthy patterns you’re releasing.
  5. Anointing the Paper:

• Apply a drop of essential oil to your fingertips and touch the oil to the paper. Envision the oil infusing your intentions with transformative energy.
  6. Chant for Intention:

• Recite the following chant three times:
      “With tarot’s wisdom and candle’s light,
      I release the old and embrace the right.
      Let patterns shift, let habits depart,
      A new chapter begins, a fresh start.”
  7. Burning the Intentions:

• Carefully light the paper with the black candle flame using a fire-safe bowl or cauldron underneath.
    • As the paper burns, visualize the tarot insights and your intentions merging into the smoke, releasing their hold on you.
  8. Salt or Sand Offering:

• Sprinkle a small amount of salt or sand over the ashes as a symbolic gesture of closure and purification.
  9. Chant for Release:

• Recite the following chant three times:
      “By tarot’s truth and candle’s fire,
      I release the old, what no longer inspires.
      Embrace the change, let the healing start,
      With an open spirit and a renewed heart.”
  10. Tarot Reflection:

• Lay out the three tarot cards you drew earlier. Reflect on their meanings in relation to your intentions and the release spell. Take note of any insights that arise.
  1. Closing the Ritual:
  • Allow the black candle to burn down completely or extinguish it safely if needed.
  • Take a few deep breaths and thank the energies you’ve worked with during the ritual.
  1. Integration:
  • Over the following days, pay attention to any shifts or insights that come to you. The tarot cards may continue to offer guidance as you move forward with your release and renewal.

Feel free to adapt this to your preferences and beliefs. Your intention and energy are the most significant factors in making the spell meaningful and effective.

16 Likes

How wonderful @Amaris_Bane Thankyou :heartpulse:

9 Likes

This is a beautiful ritual! Thank you for sharing it!

8 Likes

Ohh, this is a wonderful spell - thank you for sharing it! I might do this one this Blue Moon. I’ve been looking for a new one to do. :heart:

9 Likes

I love :blue_heart: this! @Amaris_Bane Thanks so much for sharing! :large_blue_circle:

8 Likes

Thanks everyone! As I’m doing my shadow work, I’m ready to let go of things I’ve processed so the blue moon is a perfect time to do this.

8 Likes

This is a beautiful spell- thank you so much for sharing it, Amaris!

Wishing you a happy and blessed Blue Moon :large_blue_circle: :sparkles:

7 Likes

This is a beautifully written spell and I’ll be using it tonight at 1:00am for the blue moon :large_blue_circle: :sparkles: thank you @Amaris_Bane :candle::crystal_ball::sparkles:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for sharing this! Definitely tucking this away!!

8 Likes