Locking Mirrors

Does anyone know anything about locking mirrors? I keep getting the message that I need to lock mine and I have no idea how to go about it. Any information would be very much appreciated. Blessed Be :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Great question, I know having a mirror šŸŖž is like having a portal opened to other dementions so if you open a portal they say to close the portal.
I wonder what others will say about it!
Jeannie
Blessed be!

12 Likes

Thatā€™s what I think. It will open a portal for random spirits to enter through the mirrors. But if you donā€™t know how to correctly close the portal and rid the spirits, then donā€™t do it.
But, if you happen to do it, then ward it and keep it cleansed. Iā€™m trying to find more info on it but itā€™s a rough topic to search!!

11 Likes

I have a very large mirror thatā€™s part of my vanity in my office. Once a month, I cleanse it with smoke and salt water, then use an energy practice to lock the mirror. I visualize my energy as a sort of blue lightning or electricity starting at the top of the mirror, going around all the edges, and then locking down with electrical bars both horizontally and vertically. This practice has worked well for me, though I know there are other methods for locking mirrors, too.

14 Likes

Thank you . I ended up cleaning and cleaning them, then used salt water and and drew protection symbols on them while I pictured them locking

10 Likes

I do a mirror locking spell with blessed water I make myself with moon water and sea salt. I use the water to draw a pentagram on the mirror holding a black candle standing in front of the mirror, while stating ā€œmay this mirror be locked from the outside in and only I can use this mirror for the purpose I intend. May all who have passed through , now return as the mirror is locked from any use but my own. This is my will so mote it beā€ I set the candle in front of the mirror and let it burn itself out. Of course do this safely and donā€™t leave it untended. You can make this spell your own by changing the words. Hope this helps. Blessed be.

17 Likes

This is my opinion, making a normal cleansing ones in a while, where the mirror is located is a good measure to make.
Also if is a specific mirror used for scrying and divination, thatā€™s another take in which the spellcaster need to take special care when in use. Like a ouija board, to always close the section and say good bye :wave:. Well no like this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but to give a example.

9 Likes

I agree with what has been said. Salt water or any other warding combination should work. Use it to draw a pentagram, cross, or another protective symbol of power (e.g. a personal protective sigil), in each corner of the mirror.

Mirrors can be tricky.

According to feng shui, if you arenā€™t sleeping well, a mirror in your bedroom could be the culprit. Mirrors are thought to bounce energy around the bedroom, which may result in restlessness and amplify worries. Source

If youā€™re having trouble with your mirrors I suggest not keeping them in your bedroom, especially if you bought them second-hand. Or you can cover them while you sleep.

(BTW if you arenā€™t having problems or getting negative vibes from your mirrors, then you donā€™t need to do any of this. Donā€™t become paranoid!)

12 Likes

Definitely second this! Mirrors are just another tool we can use and most mirrors in my experience are completely benign and harmless :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

I love this!! Thanks so much for sharing <3

5 Likes

I like to imagine that whatever I am working (such as the mirror) is a big box, and I take my hands and ā€˜closeā€™ the lid of the box, sealing it with a protective symbol. Or I imagine that it is a door, and I close the door and lock the doorknob with the protective symbol. Then I make a big ā€˜Xā€™ with my arms, to ā€˜cut the cordsā€™ and energy from whatever I ended. I use this process all the time, from Reiki to remote viewing to scrying. I think it would work similarly with a mirror.

7 Likes

No problem! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

To cleanse and lick my mirrors I usually start by burning sage, palo santo or using Florida Water to cleanse it of negativity. To lock them, I was always taught to draw the rune Algiz or a pentagram (sigils too wouldn work) in each corner of the mirror. A lot of the time I use dry erase markers only because my son always has them around and itā€™s convenient. You can use your spit to draw them adding a little extra to it, plus you canā€™t see it.
So, that is how i lock my mirrors. I am very interested in learning other methods as well!

3 Likes

This is part of my process, too :pentagram:

4 Likes

I use salt water to draw Algiz in each corner and then a pentagram in the center. Iā€™m not fully out of the broom closet so it allows me to lock it after cleansing without any visual signs after physically cleaning (I use a microfiber cloth and a mix of vinegar, water, and peppermint).

5 Likes