Long-burning candle?

Merry meet everyone! I have a burning question (literally!) I need a green candle for a 7 day spell. It has to be lit at least 15 minutes each day, for a minimum total overall of 105 minutes. I have chime candles, but I’m not sure they last that long.

7 Likes

Hi @scott1!

What size are they?

One way to find out is to look at Amazon. Most of the listings I’ve looked at for candles show the “operating time” of candles to give you a feel for how long they’ll burn. So if you know the size, you could look on Amazon to see for sure.

I believe my chime candles have about 1.5 hours burn time and would cover that (I think they’re 4 inches tall.)

7 Likes

Hello, thanks for your answer! They are 4 inches tall.

6 Likes

Then I think it should work with some time to spare! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you so much!

6 Likes

Oops! 1.5 hours covers 6 days, at 15 minutes per day!

6 Likes

Is there a reason you have to do it for specifically 15 minutes? Could you maybe cut it down to 10 minutes per day?

7 Likes

Sorry about that! Mine are 1.5 hour burn time, but some of the ones I browsed on Amazon had 2 hour burn time. (Should’ve included that!):

https://www.amazon.com/HELLY-Unscented-Chime-Ritual-Candle/dp/B07TYN1QW2/

So I think it comes down to diameter as some seem to be thicker and some are skinnier. But @MeganB’s suggestion is a good one!

7 Likes

I dont know. Im still learning. Just going by what Spells8 says!

7 Likes

I would think that you could burn the chime candle for 15 minutes at a time & then snuff, pinch, or blow it out at the end. If you need to use another chime candle to make it through the 7 days, when the first one is out, then light another one & repeat the snuffing, pinching, or blowing it out after 15 minutes.

8 Likes

Thank you! I wasnt sure if I could do that or not.

8 Likes

@Susurrus beat me to it. I was going to suggest that you prepare two candles the same way and then switch off between them. I usually melt the bottoms of my candles to keep them from falling over, so I would probably stand them up side by side and let their wax combine. Burn one candle one day the other the next, in effect making one candle with two wicks, if that makes sense. But @Susurrus is right, you probably don’t need to go to all that trouble.

8 Likes

Interesting! Thanks for your input!

6 Likes

Hi @scott1,

You’ve already got some great advice and suggestions- it sounds like you can make it work using a chime candle (or two)! :candle::blush:

If you’re set on making the minimum burn time of 105 minutes, it might get stressful with timing the chime candles. In that case, I’d consider getting either a tealight candle (which tend to burn a bit longer than chime candles) or a votive (still a small candle, but with a much longer burn time).

If you’re not able to find green candles, you can always anoint or dress them so that they take on the magickal properties of green (or the magickal properties of the ingredients you choose to anoint/dress them with) :diya_lamp:

Whatever you choose to do, I’m wishing you all the best with your spellwork! May your candles burn bright and help you manifest your intention :pray::candle::green_heart:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

Yeah, I agree with @Susurrus – just do it how you need to. If you have to cut the burn time down a bit so you only use one candle then that should be fine. If you want to use two candles, that’s totally fine, too!

@BryWisteria also has a great idea by suggesting changing the type of candle! That could be a simple yet effective way of managing the spell and changing it to suit what you need!

4 Likes

Thank you Megan!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome! :blush:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.