Look what I made!

Look! I spun all this and plyed it and washed it and now it looks and feels like yarn! I’m super proud! I’m waiting on the rest of my pretty blue and green wool to ship and I’m waiting for some purple to finish drying.

Now… what does this yarn want to become?? (I am saving some of it for the community dye pot later this month!)

25 Likes

Wow. That’s awesome! It looks so soft!

11 Likes

It is! It feels very different from before you get it wet and after it dries! It’s pretty amazing!

10 Likes

I am seriously impressed @AileyGrey!! Beautiful and very impressive!!!

9 Likes

Thank you!

7 Likes

Way to go!!!

https://images.app.goo.gl/LarXY3j1E3qhsfbq8

6 Likes

That’s so amazing @AileyGrey!! :tada: You did a wonderful job :clap: and I’m super proud of you for finding this new hobby – also, it’s a plus that you really enjoy it :blush: I can’t wait to see what it becomes!

7 Likes

That’s amazing @AileyGrey! Great job!

7 Likes

This looks super cool and soft great job! Blessings to you

7 Likes

Whoa- that’s amazing, @AileyGrey! :heart_eyes: And I’m sure it is going to be even more awesome when you dye it pretty colors- please share a pic post-coloring, I’d love to see how the different versions come out! :rainbow: :grinning:

So many choices! I can’t wait to hear what you decide to make with it- whatever it is going to be is sure to be full of your love and care :yarn: :two_hearts:

Good luck and blessed crafting! :sparkles:

4 Likes

@AileyGrey WOW thats beautifully done.

5 Likes

Thanks! I can’t wait to dye it!

4 Likes

Awesome…that would be some pretty powerful stuff to use in some knot magick!

4 Likes

@SilverBear I had not considered that! Now I’ll need to explore and ponder! Thank you for the suggestion!

4 Likes

That looks so amazing. I wish I had the time to try something like that.
Love :cupid: and light :candle:

4 Likes

My spinning teacher called me last night to help her with a dying demonstration today so I dyed my yarn yellow and brown. The yellow comes from onion peels and the brown from black walnuts! Bonus: me rocking some garb from the 1800s. I think I make an adorable pioneer!

4 Likes

Also… saying dying demonstration confused a lot of people today. No, I’m not going to demonstrate how people died in the 1800s…. :rofl:

4 Likes

LOL! I knew what you meant but thank you for clarifying!

They look great! Good job!

3 Likes

That’s amazing! :heart_eyes: The colors turned out really clear and vibrant- I wonder if these natural dyes would work for candle coloring too? :thinking: :candle:

Gosh, that yarn looks so fuzzy and nice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The outfit looks very pretty but functional too- and you are really rocking it, it looks awesome! :clap::heart:

:joy:

3 Likes

They look so great! And it looks like you had a great time at the “dying demonstration” :rofl: I know you meant yarn dying but just thinking about a demonstration for dying in the 1800s is hilarious to me!

3 Likes