Looking forward to the journey

Hello, I’m Rebecca.

My journey into Wicca and Witchcraft is just beginning. For the past month, I have been reading, researching, and learning.

The realization has dawned on me that I am unsure of who I truly am. I have faced some tough situations along the way in my life, and I am still seeking ways to become and be the person I am meant to be.

Since I was a child, I have always moved as fast as I could, as if I were compelled to do so. Like a chameleon, I adapt to the environment, the situation, and the people around me based on who I need to be at the moment. I have achieved success in my career, a fulfilling marriage, and a happy family, thanks to my drive and adaptability. The problem is that I spent so much time doing, going, and succeeding that I never learned to be and love myself.

While I am uncertain whether Wicca is the only or absolute path, I am strongly drawn to learning more about it. I believe Wicca has the potential to help me slow down and discover both my true self and the world around me at the same time.

It will be a pleasure to learn from and with all of you.

10 Likes

Welcome your gonna love it here! I to am just beginning I just finished my courses and the end of the year and definitely helped me realize where I’m meant to be. If you need any help ask everyone here is so helpful and nice!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @SeraphineAmaryllis :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

It’s like you’re speaking directly to my soul, honestly – I feel exactly like this. So much of my life has revolved around others in one form or another. I’m also just starting to learn who I really am, what I really like, and who I want to be. We can be on that journey together!

You’re absolutely right! Whether you choose to follow Wicca for one week, one year, or the rest of your life, I’m sure that you’re going to find growth and healing on your journey :pray:

I look forward to seeing you around the forum a bit more! :heart:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @SeraphineAmaryllis, I’m Siofra_Strega, a moderator within the forum! I’m from Cape Cod & I’m happy that you have found your way here. There is certainly a lot to learn & lots of room to grow!

I honestly felt this way for a long time too. I wanted to be me, not everything to everyone else. Which is one of the reasons that I had joined in 2020. It was very much the same I was researching & learning & found my way here after many difficult situations in my own life.

You are singing the song of my people here! This was me too! Whether you choose to follow Wicca for a short time or take a turn down another avenue or path, is totally fine. Slowing down to find out what works for you & makes you feel authentic is the important part of the journey. Only you will know what feels right & like yourself as you go along.

We have a lot of witches here & not all of them are Wiccan but witches alll the same. You are sure to find topics within the forum that interest you & even the courses will have a wealth of great information. We also have weekly challenges. So you can try things & if they fit with your beliefs or who you are that’s wonderful, but if they turn out to be something that you don’t continue even if after a short time, that is wonderful too! As long as you are doing what is right for you.

I personally am not Wiccan, I follow a more Irish Celtic path but definitely not Wiccan. I have learned a great deal & come a long way since I first began & I love to research & learn more about what it is that I am doing and how and it fits with my journey or beliefs. It has evolved & changed over the course of my being here, but I love to learn & try new things. I learn something new every day!

I look forward to chatting with you more throughout the forum! If you have any questions at all feel free to ask & someone will be right along to help you or at least get you pointed in the right direction. I would start with the courses and start there. Even if it’s something you already know, it’s good to have the extra knowledge & to see if it’s something that interests you to look into further.

I look forward to learning with you & seeing how your path starts & begins to work for you! :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Hi @SeraphineAmaryllis! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I hope we can play a small part in finding who you are. The time for you to figure yourself out and who you are has come! It’s a blessing when you realize this. I wish you much luck on your magical journey!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will be there to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

7 Likes

Welcome! I’m sure you’ll enjoy exploring the website and forums, there is SO much to read and learn about! Be sure to breathe and take time to relax so you don’t burn out or overwhelm yourself. Just go with the flow… don’t worry about a label yet! :heart:

Good luck and Blessed Be… :pentagram: you’ll love it here. I always say this, but it’s truly like a family. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Most welcome dearest @SeraphineAmaryllis :revolving_hearts: Feel free to express your thoughts and your magick here, always! After I read your introduction, I felt like I am reading about myself! I never really took hold of a certain concept that described me in whole! But when I learnt about Wicca, I certainly lost my mind! Like my soul started screaming for this. And that’s where the quote comes in,

When you are in Love, all intellect drowns in its vast and unending ocean!

I hope you find love at the core of every single spell you cast and every ritual you perform! Blessed be :sparkles:

6 Likes

Merry meet @SeraphineAmaryllis,

I’m Bry, another moderator here in the forum- wishing you a very warm welcome! :blush:

Like others have said, Wicca is just one “flavor”, if you will, of witchcraft and magick- there are many paths, traditions, and labels out there to explore. I would gently urge you to look around and pursue in your studies any that call out to you. It will likely take time, but as you continue on your journey of self-discovery, you are sure to learn and connect more with yourself :heart:

If there is anything your coven can do to help you on your magickal path, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We are here and always happy to assist with questions, or to simply have a covenly chat :infinite_roots: :blush:

Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

I feel this as well! Thank you for the welcome and encouragement!

6 Likes

@SeraphineAmaryllis Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 42, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 42 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs, I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again, welcome!!!

6 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @SeraphineAmaryllis

I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. It’s nice to meet you, Rebecca! That’s my daughter’s name, but we just call her Becky! I am looking forward to chatting with you soon! Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.