Lughnasadh Recipe - Coming up August 1

Lammas is a pagan feast and one of the eight Wiccan sabbats celebrated during the year. It is sometimes referred to as Lughnasad or Lughnassadh. Every sabbat signifies a change in the seasons. On August 1, this sabbat falls around midway between the summer solstice (Litha) and the autumnal equinox (Mabon).

14 Likes

Ooo… I do love to make my own incense & I also celebrate Lughnasadh! Perfect to make for it! Thank you for sharing! :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

How are we already less than a month away from Lammas!?! :astonished:

This is a very welcome reminder to start preparing for the “bread Sabbat”- thank you for this lovely incense recipe, @Silverbear! :sparkles: :diya_lamp:

9 Likes

No no no no no no – shhhhh :shushing_face:

Be Quiet Taylor Swift GIF by Capital One

Thank you for this wonderful recipe, @SilverBear :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it sounds like it smells amazing!

6 Likes

:joy:

No stopping it now- so I guess it’s just about time to bring out the bread recipes and Lammas spellwork ideas! Bread Sabbat, here we come~! :laughing: :bread:

7 Likes

Before I read the other replies I hadn’t really realized how close we actually are to Lughnasadh… :flushed: Going to have to add an alert to my calendar so I don’t space on this one :laughing:

7 Likes

Didn’t I just decorate my altar for Litha?! How is Lughnasadh fast approaching?!

8 Likes

Right?! That’s exactly how I feel!

6 Likes

Ohh! These are some herbs that I have not worked with before. Will definitely look forward to creating this. Thank you!

6 Likes

Can you believe it’s almost August 1? Where has this year gone? I am going to slice up some oranges and lemons and put them in the dehydrator to use on my altar. I also have sunflowers drying for the altar. :corn: :sunflower: :bread:

4 Likes

They are going to be so pretty! :lemon: :tangerine: :sunflower: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Have fun with your drying and crafting, Ostara!

3 Likes