Magical Egg Salad

Here’s a little recipe for the holiday this weekend. Hope y’all like it!

Magical Egg Salad

prep: 15 mins
cook: 15 mins
additional: 30 mins
total: 1 hr
Servings: 2
Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients:

5 eggs
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon steak sauce
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 pinch cayenne pepper

Directions:

Step 1

Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.

Step 2

Chop eggs and transfer to a large bowl.

Step 3

Stir mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sweet pickle relish, steak sauce, paprika, and dill into eggs until well mixed; season with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, if desired.

Step 4

Sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving.

Nutritional Facts:

Magical Egg Salad
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Calories: 365.5
% Daily Value *
protein: 16.1g 32 %
carbohydrates: 10.7g 3 %
dietary fiber: 0.4g 1 %
sugars: 5.6g
fat: 29g 45 %
saturated fat: 6.4g 32 %
cholesterol: 472.9mg 158 %
vitamin a iu: 1073IU 22 %
niacin equivalents: 3.7mg 28 %
vitamin b6: 0.3mg 20 %
vitamin c: 0.9mg 2 %
folate: 60.5mcg 15 %
calcium: 71.5mg 7 %
iron: 2.6mg 15 %
magnesium: 17.8mg 6 %
potassium: 197.1mg 6 %
sodium: 827.8mg 33 %
thiamin: 0.1mg 8 %
calories from fat: 261

Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing this! I’ve been randomly craving egg salad the past few days – I guess this is a sign I need to make some! :star_struck:

I’ve never seen an egg salad recipe that calls for steak sauce :thinking: I’ll have to try it next time I make some!

One of my current favorite ways to prepare hard-boiled eggs is to slice them in half, sprinkle with a touch of coarse kosher salt on top, and then plop on a few dashes of Valentina hot sauce :yum:

4 Likes

Sounds good :yum:

4 Likes

Great find @Amethyst! I know my husband will eat egg salad, maybe my son, but it’s getting to be cookout weather & I could always bring it with me.

4 Likes

When I read the title I giggled but after reading it…sound yummy

3 Likes

You’re welcome @Jewitch! I hadn’t seen a recipe with steak sauce either but it sounded interesting. I’m not one for boiled eggs but I used to just eat them with salt and ignored the white, popping the yellow out to eat. LOL.

Glad you liked it @NickWick!

I just find it amusing that this recipe is for two eggs only. Like anyone makes that small amount of egg salad. Glad you liked it!

I’ve got to admit, I picked this recipe because of the title. It seemed fitting for a witch’s group! LOL.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s for a cute little old couple that share meals with single rose on the table & a little lamp

3 Likes

Aww, cute picture … but one of them would hog half the egg salad if you just made this little, you know one of them would!

3 Likes

While I’m not personally a big fan of egg salad, this recipe sounds yummy! :egg: :green_salad: It sounds like @Amethyst and @Jewitch both had egg salad on the mind- and you know what they say about great minds! :grin::brain:

Thanks for sharing, Kasie! :yum:

3 Likes

Thanks for your trouble.

3 Likes

I forgot to ask my husband & my neighbor if they wanted some because for some reason I am really good at making things that I won’t eat. For instance I don’t eat anything that comes out of the water, but I make some amazing crab cakes that people come to eat from other towns! I won’t eat them though. Everyone raves about them. I just kind of found a few recipes & mish mashed them to make a new one & voila! Best crab cakes this side of the Bourne Bridge.

3 Likes

You’re welcome love! I’m not a big fan of egg salad either, but I figure some of us are going to have oodles of colored eggs this weekend, so why not?

You’re welcome! Glad you liked it!

See, I don’t think I can eat crap in its whole form, it looks too much like a bug. But crab cakes? I can get down with that.

2 Likes

I didn’t even think of the colored eggs! My family eats them hard boiled, but I don’t, so maybe I can get them to eat this too! I hate them going to waste after making them. I couldn’t think of anything to do with them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I bet this salad would look really weird if the food dyes come through the white! LOL.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe not a good time to introduce it, it should probably be in it’s natural state. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

A really good point! :grin: I agree with you and Krissie that eating the dye may not be the best idea (although I suppose it depends on what kind of dye is used- food coloring, natural dyes like beet juice, or other edible dyes should be okay :+1: ) but it is definitely true that there will be a lot of eggs about over the next few days! :laughing: :egg:

Wishing everyone a very egg-citing Ostara! Bless-egg be :egg: :yum::sparkles:

2 Likes

I’ve put together so many home cookbook, it’s unreal. Then I look at them at intervals and say EEK! What was I thinking of !

3 Likes

I bet those will be nice for your family though, they’re little snapshots of time that feature food! Like looking at your hairstyles in old pictures, horrifying in the present but all the trend back when the picture was taken.

2 Likes

@kasie I love looking at old pictures just for that reason!!!

1 Like

I like looking at old cookbooks for things like that. You ate what?

2 Likes