Magick Gardens One

I have never seen a Spider Lilly before! They are lovely! Thank you for sharing your Happy flowers! I love them! And I’m so glad you got some rain. It’s certainly been a strange summer with the erratic weather.

Thanks again @Ostara for sharing the Love :heart: Wishing you an awesome day my friend!

P.S. If more bloom, please share them!

5 Likes

Oh you are so welcome @marsha. I haven’t walked around my yard or neighborhood yet, but, I will share the pictures with you when I do. I believe we have some things coming up in the backyard or my neighbor (Peanut’s Godparents) has another whole plethora of plants :laughing:

4 Likes

@Susurrus and @marsha thank you both. My Mom had them for as long as I can remember. When I was little she had them in the yard and would dig up a few when we moved. She did the same thing with her amaryllis bulbs. She gave me these bulbs 30 years ago. They survive in harsh conditions, but the drought really took a toll on them. I will get more pics as they bloom.

My hibiscus has been barely holding on this summer with no blooms in sight. My amaryllis was so scraggly that my husband mowed them. They are popping back up with the rain and one is about to bloom. That is crazy, because they bloom in the Spring. The poor things are confused. Lol!

6 Likes

I lied earlier, I thought there were no new blooms this morning but I found one hiding in the back:

@Ostara I know people that do that when they move too. They take certain flowers or plants that can easily be moved or transplanted if you clip them right. They are beautiful flowers. I’ll have to look them up, something dug up the Dahlia that I had between the Hibiscus I have had good luck with 1 of my Hibiscus. I had another one that only had 1 bloom this summer, & the other is well, waiting for next year I think :thinking:

I also found these in my garden. The mint held on this summer but the rest didn’t & then the little spit of rain & one actual rain we had this week… these showed up in my garden among the chickweed…

I’m not sure what they are, weed, a squash, or what… but they are cute & new to me! :smiling_face:

I’ll have to go back out & into the garden with one of my apps for identifying plants. :grin:

8 Likes

They are beautiful! They look like yellow 4 leaf clovers! Lol!

5 Likes

Lol! Thank you! There are a lot of them popping up, no idea where they came from since they are sort of all along the back. I have never seen them before in my garden or yard.

5 Likes

Spider lillies

13 Likes

So pretty! Thank you for those. I need to find some for my yard!

4 Likes

You can plant the bulbs in fall or early spring. They need full sun.

4 Likes

I had the exact same thought! Great minds think alike! @Ostara

Maybe they are Good Luck flowers…

Sundrops: Evening-primroses

5 Likes

Yes that’s what they are!!! Thank you, I hadn’t even thought of using one of my identifier apps, it was too early in the AM :rofl:

5 Likes

I am loving your flowers, thank you! :bouquet: :cherry_blossom: :hibiscus:- Sounds like each morning you enjoy your own little piece of liminal sacredness and magick each day! Love that! :white_heart::green_heart::purple_heart:

5 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch :smiling_face: I do… that liminal space in the morning, around here we call it gray light… my favorite time of day. My husband & I were talking about it yesterday, he said my face lit up when I told him it was my favorite time of day.

Speaking of flowers, I missed the gray light this morning, but I had an eventful day yesterday, so I don’t mind, but just when I thought we were down to the last bloom yesterday:

9 Likes

Thank you for the beautiful pictures @Susurrus :heart: I think they sell Hibiscus in the spring here, so may be next year… :smiling_face:

Perfect @jan_TheGreenWitch my thoughts exactly!

I love the Gray Light moments between darkness and sunrise. Of course, I don’t get up that early anymore :rofl: Now I see the Gray Light only in the evenings.

5 Likes

I call dawn/twilight the blue hour even though it’s not a full hour - and the hour around sunset is the golden hour. :waning_crescent_moon::sunrise:

6 Likes

I like that @jan_TheGreenWitch :heart:

5 Likes

My Calendula and Chamomile plants are now over 1 year old and I’m harvesting some great smelling flowers.

The chamomile smells so sweet I’m drying it for tea, and still not sure what I’ll do with the calendulas but they come copiously.

10 Likes

Oh, that’s amazing! What a great harvest of those two! I love them both. Two of my favorites & they are gorgeous too! Great job @Francisco! Fresh chamomile tea is just, the best with some fresh lavender or rose. Well, off to make tea :tea:! :laughing:

5 Likes

OOH @Francisco that is just beautiful!! I have many things you can make, let me know if you want any of the recipes or benefits:

Calendula Flower infused oil
Calendula Flower Salve
Whipped Calendula Coconut Oil
Calendula Lotion Bars and bar soap, liquid soap
Calendula Oatmeal Soak
Calendula Tea
Use Calendula petals on cakes/cupcakes as decor
Calendula Body butter cream
Calendula Coconut butter balm

10 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch I had totally forgotten that I have a salve recipe & oil recipes for Calendula. I will have to check on those & see if maybe I can make more or make some for my daughter or my son’s girlfriend. Thank you for the inspiration & once my system calms down from whatever it had yesterday that made it hate me, I will go see have on hand & need more of or can just make. :rofl:

Today, I missed the gray light… booo… but it’s okay I still found 2 blooms this morning before the guys left for work:

I used to have a couple of things to do with Hibiscus because we had the plants, but this year clearly one of them was very happy. So I’m also going to have to come up with some ways to incorporate more Hibiscus :hibiscus: in my workings. :smiling_face:

6 Likes