Magick Gardens Two

Holy shampoo Batman!!! Wowza this is crazy amazing! I cannot wait for you to show us this yowweeeeee!
:flamingo:

8 Likes

I’m so excited!! :partying_face: It doesn’t have any blooms on it yet, but I’m sure it’ll get there soon! I can’t wait to show you, too!

8 Likes

@Ostara Rain dancing for you, Ostara! Hope you get the next bunch of rain clouds that pass through the area! :pray: :cloud_with_rain: :grinning:

Rain dance girl
Gif from TENOR

@Phoenix_Rose Your herb drying rack is beyond gorgeous- I need to make one of those! :laughing:

@jan_TheGreenWitch Your chamomile is beautiful- I bet it makes such a lovely cup of tea! :blossom: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@MeganB Shampoo ginger!?! How have I never heard of this!?! :star_struck: It looks amazing- I hope it thrives and you get lots of wonderful, natural shampoo from it! (Please let us know what you think of it- I’m super curious :laughing: )

This made me laugh :joy: :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you Bry, it worked! We had a few showers last night and another chance today!

7 Likes

@BryWisteria – I will definitely let you all know how it goes! I’m not sure when I’ll get the first bloom. I’m hoping soon! :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Okay, I promised everyone pictures of my new plant babies, so here they are!

Red Peperomia

I believe this one is a Philodendron.

This is a Tradescantia zebrina.

Two coffee bean plants!

This is the Shampoo Ginger (and theres a little lizard friend behind him)

An elephant ear plant that didnt like the heat.

And a pineapple that I need to put in a bigger pot!

The philodendron needs to be potted because it’s just been propagating right now. That’s on my list of things to do next week. The pineapple also needs a better pot, so there’s another thing on my list :laughing:

11 Likes

Everything is beautiful Megan! :heart:

8 Likes

It’s been raining all day!!!

8 Likes

Woohooo!!! Sounds like our rain dancing paid off haha- I’m so happy you got the showers you needed, Ostara! :dancer: :heart: :blush:

Look at all these cute little friends! :heart_eyes:

I have to say that I have had the shampoo ginger on my mind ever since you shared about it- it looks like it would be really tricky to get up here in New England (and tough to keep it alive in the winter too, even with a greenhouse). Still gonna keep my eyes open for it though, I’m really fascinated by it! :laughing:

I hope all of your beautiful new friends thrive- happy gardening, Megan! :green_heart: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Thank you, Bry! :sparkles: I hope you can find it, and if you can, I hope you can keep it alive! :clap: I’m so excited to have all these new plant babies to take care of and bring me joy :herb: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

A few of my green friends

And some of my indoor friends wanted some of the spotlight also

Love and Light

13 Likes

These are all so lovely @Shadeweaver thank you for sharing! I adore plants. :green_heart:

9 Likes

Everything is Beautiful! You have some very happy plants!

9 Likes

Hello beautiful plants! :wave: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You have some really lovely plant buddies, @Shadeweaver- and they all look like they are thriving! May they continue to grow healthy and strong :green_heart: :pray: :blush:

9 Likes

I super need help. I really want to do my own herbs and I also want to put a garden out front. Here’s my prob I have a really old tree I love and it provides much shade in the yard but it also makes the shade hard to grow things. Any suggestion for my garden that will be able to handle the Florida heat but may also grow in shade? I’m not cutting my tree lol.

11 Likes

Oh my, so much green, @Shadeweaver :heart_eyes: :potted_plant: I love it!

This is an aspiration of mine one day, for sure!

Yes, @Jessica_Zee – there is so much you can grow in Florida, even in the shade! Right now, I have corn, blackberry bushes, okra, dill, tomatoes, jalapenos, and bell peppers… and I’ve started some cauliflower and broccoli that will go in the ground in a week or two. Oh! I also have some spinach and radishes getting started, but those are staying on my porch in the shade. And strawberries, because they’ll grow all year if they’re treated right! :strawberry: Oh geez, I almost forgot my banana plant! It won’t produce anything for about a year, but it’s there and growing!

There’s a great YouTube channel for Florida gardeners called Wild Floridian. She’s got some great information! And honestly, a lot of what I do is trial and error :joy:

Wild Floridian - YouTube

I’m in West Central Florida, close-ish to Tampa.

10 Likes

Plant everything this year, what grows well plant again next year. :sweat_smile: I Love plants, but they don’t always read their own labels :rofl: so they don’t always know they’re not supposed to grow there :purple_heart:

10 Likes

omg :joy: this is true, too! You’d be surprised by the kind of things you can keep alive if you try hard enough and pay attention to its behavior!

9 Likes

Omg ty making a list and plan for this weekend. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: that’s great

9 Likes