Magickal Names - How do you choose?

I’m not profiting or anything, I just truly thought the translation was beautiful. I’ve never claimed to be Japanese or anything.

I’m glad because I really am attached to the name now, even my email address has this name in it. I’d hate to go and switch all my emails to it. Let that be a lesson to you folks, think carefully. I don’t think I would have chosen it today.

12 Likes

I think that’s acceptable, @Amethyst, especially since you answered Francisco’s questions and you’re not profiting from it or anything. It’s just a name in another language, I believe. Then again, I’m not Japanese so I can’t speak for them.

:point_up: This is good advice.

11 Likes

I wonder if there are any Japanese lurkers here who would help me out. Direct Messsage me if you don’t feel like talking on the forum!

10 Likes

I found a name that I resonated with from before I had children & that I can resonate with relating to my life’s path over the last 5 years and the last year or so especially. I found Siofra by accident when I was looking up some things about Ireland & my Irish heritage. It started with a subscription box ad for Irish at Heart that I declined but I was looking that the different items & their meanings from past boxes. This led me down a rabbit hole & I found the name Siofra, it’s a more modern Irish name starting around the 18th century & means changeling & is closely related to fairies through the lore & heritage of Ireland & the name. I have a more in-depth synopsis in my weekly challenge entry Wizardry of Words Weekly Challenge Entry. I am now using that name within the coven!

11 Likes

I’ve been looking at magical names over the last few days with numerology as a starting point, and trying to find something meaningful to me.

I have blue hair and rainbows are important to me given their association with LGBT+. I was very pleased to discover that Iris means both blue and rainbow, and it’s already a name I love. But from a numerology perspective wasn’t ideally compatible with my birthday on its own so I looked at suitable second names.

I love crows and ravens, you could say they’re my spirit animal. I considered obvious corvid based names before stumbling across Wolfram which I immediately liked.

In Cheiro numerology Iris Wolfram is compatible with my birthday and it feels right. So that’s what I’ve chosen. Is it possible to change my username to match? I can’t see an option to do so under preferences…

13 Likes

I’ve been drawn to the moon and people with moon related second names (Moon, Selene, Luna) without knowing as a form of synchronicity way before my witchy awakening… We consider each other sisters with my very first partner now, who’s come to use Moon as a last name, so… I’m honoring that connection by having the same last name as a magickal name! :purple_heart: :crescent_moon:

My second name is Celestia, and I think Celestia Moon would sound beautiful and meaningful… maybe a little grandiose but that’s not necessarily a bad thing? I’ve been waiting for a nudge of synchronicity or something to pick it up, maybe this could be it… :white_heart:

11 Likes

Oh no! I’ve had one night terror in my life’ and I’ll never forget it! It was like I could hear myself In My dream screaming at the top of my lungs and see me trying to move and get out of there’ but then In real life/time I was just moaning and barley moving! It was so scary’ & I was crying In Both my dream and my bed & finally my Boyfriend realized I was struggling and woke me up. But I’ll never forget it, so I’m gonna do another dream peace sleep for you and I . :cupid: hope it gets better for ya! :pray:t3:
Hey’ but just keep swimming :wink:

6 Likes

@CelestiaMoon that is a gorgeous craft name!

8 Likes

@Rowan Thank you, I love yours too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :fire:

9 Likes

Thank you! :hugs:

9 Likes

Congrats on finding your magickal names @Susurrus and @IrisW! :partying_face: :sparkles: It sounds like the names found you both after years of building up meaning- they both suit you well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Celestia Moon is a gorgeous name, @CelestiaMoon. If you feel in your heart that it things have aligned, this is the name for you, and would like to update your username- feel free to give a shoutout and a moderator can help you make the switch :blush:

10 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
It does feel more and more like it’s meant to be and that now is the perfect time, I would love to have my user name updated!

11 Likes

Congratulations @CelestiaMoon on your new name! That’s a beautiful name, it reminds me of the Celestine Revelation, and also there’s a bird in my country called Celestino which is really beautiful:

13 Likes

My magickal name was chosen for me. While on our recent trip to Arizona I saw the name for the town of Magdelena; I instantly had the thought in my head that was my name. it means woman from Magdela but also was the name of who I believe and come to understand was Jesus’ wife, Mary Magdelene. Also since I follow numerology and my birth number is 9 I used the formula and found that Magdelina is also a 9 so it was chosen for me. So my magickal name is Magdelina.

So now — how do I change my name for the forum? I checked in preferences but there isn’t an edit button next to my user name :confused: :roll_eyes: :unamused:

8 Likes

Congrats on your new magickal name, @Magdelina! :partying_face: It is a beautiful name that suits you well- enjoy! :hearts:

8 Likes

I’m still coming up with nothing :expressionless: I’m thinking that maybe I’m overthinking or trying to force it too much lol. Something pops in my head and I question if it’s just me trying to make it seem like it was a divine thought SMH lol I’m not going to dwell on it for a few weeks and hopefully between now and then I’ll know something. I know it’ll come, I just am impatient! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

thanks @BryWisteria. It’s kind of fun having a secret name within the coven lol.

7 Likes

Dont worry @robin77 , something will definitely come up :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it will happen when you least expect it too.

9 Likes

![image|375x500](upload://pFm 7KVWWl79jRh8xnvr0RibVSRV.jpeg)

This book is worth a lot of money right know it’s like $75 or something like that and I did try this and I couldn’t make out what my name was so maybe I should try it again and maybe you guys can help me?
Could you help? I think I wrote it down in one of my books awhile ago and I’ll look for it :white_check_mark: k!
Jeannie
Love and light
Blessed be!

14 Likes

To @robin77, @Jeannie1, and anyone else still searching for their magickal name- no rush at all, friends! I think @NickWick had some very good advice- sometimes you have to stop searching for something in order for it to find its way to you :sparkles:

Magickal names are a part of ourselves- they may be hidden or waiting for the right moment. But they will certainly come to us when they are ready and when we are ready to learn them! :raised_hands:

I am also waiting for my magickal name to find me. It can be hard to be patient, but I know someday we will all be able to wear our names with pride! :star2: Blessed be!

13 Likes