Magickal Names - How do you choose?

I’ve been drawn to the moon and people with moon related second names (Moon, Selene, Luna) without knowing as a form of synchronicity way before my witchy awakening… We consider each other sisters with my very first partner now, who’s come to use Moon as a last name, so… I’m honoring that connection by having the same last name as a magickal name! :purple_heart: :crescent_moon:

My second name is Celestia, and I think Celestia Moon would sound beautiful and meaningful… maybe a little grandiose but that’s not necessarily a bad thing? I’ve been waiting for a nudge of synchronicity or something to pick it up, maybe this could be it… :white_heart:

11 Likes

Oh no! I’ve had one night terror in my life’ and I’ll never forget it! It was like I could hear myself In My dream screaming at the top of my lungs and see me trying to move and get out of there’ but then In real life/time I was just moaning and barley moving! It was so scary’ & I was crying In Both my dream and my bed & finally my Boyfriend realized I was struggling and woke me up. But I’ll never forget it, so I’m gonna do another dream peace sleep for you and I . :cupid: hope it gets better for ya! :pray:t3:
Hey’ but just keep swimming :wink:

6 Likes

@CelestiaMoon that is a gorgeous craft name!

8 Likes

@Rowan Thank you, I love yours too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :fire:

9 Likes

Thank you! :hugs:

9 Likes

Congrats on finding your magickal names @Susurrus and @IrisW! :partying_face: :sparkles: It sounds like the names found you both after years of building up meaning- they both suit you well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Celestia Moon is a gorgeous name, @CelestiaMoon. If you feel in your heart that it things have aligned, this is the name for you, and would like to update your username- feel free to give a shoutout and a moderator can help you make the switch :blush:

10 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
It does feel more and more like it’s meant to be and that now is the perfect time, I would love to have my user name updated!

11 Likes

Congratulations @CelestiaMoon on your new name! That’s a beautiful name, it reminds me of the Celestine Revelation, and also there’s a bird in my country called Celestino which is really beautiful:

13 Likes

My magickal name was chosen for me. While on our recent trip to Arizona I saw the name for the town of Magdelena; I instantly had the thought in my head that was my name. it means woman from Magdela but also was the name of who I believe and come to understand was Jesus’ wife, Mary Magdelene. Also since I follow numerology and my birth number is 9 I used the formula and found that Magdelina is also a 9 so it was chosen for me. So my magickal name is Magdelina.

So now — how do I change my name for the forum? I checked in preferences but there isn’t an edit button next to my user name :confused: :roll_eyes: :unamused:

8 Likes

Congrats on your new magickal name, @Magdelina! :partying_face: It is a beautiful name that suits you well- enjoy! :hearts:

8 Likes

I’m still coming up with nothing :expressionless: I’m thinking that maybe I’m overthinking or trying to force it too much lol. Something pops in my head and I question if it’s just me trying to make it seem like it was a divine thought SMH lol I’m not going to dwell on it for a few weeks and hopefully between now and then I’ll know something. I know it’ll come, I just am impatient! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

thanks @BryWisteria. It’s kind of fun having a secret name within the coven lol.

7 Likes

Dont worry @robin77 , something will definitely come up :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it will happen when you least expect it too.

9 Likes

![image|375x500](upload://pFm 7KVWWl79jRh8xnvr0RibVSRV.jpeg)

This book is worth a lot of money right know it’s like $75 or something like that and I did try this and I couldn’t make out what my name was so maybe I should try it again and maybe you guys can help me?
Could you help? I think I wrote it down in one of my books awhile ago and I’ll look for it :white_check_mark: k!
Jeannie
Love and light
Blessed be!

14 Likes

To @robin77, @Jeannie1, and anyone else still searching for their magickal name- no rush at all, friends! I think @NickWick had some very good advice- sometimes you have to stop searching for something in order for it to find its way to you :sparkles:

Magickal names are a part of ourselves- they may be hidden or waiting for the right moment. But they will certainly come to us when they are ready and when we are ready to learn them! :raised_hands:

I am also waiting for my magickal name to find me. It can be hard to be patient, but I know someday we will all be able to wear our names with pride! :star2: Blessed be!

13 Likes

I wasn’t really looking for mine, it found me when I went down a fairy rabbit hole in Ireland. It was completely by accident. Then I found out that it’s a more modern Irish name associated with changelings. I resonate with the changeling over the last 5 or maybe more years of life changes that I have had with my health & my family.

When you are not even looking it will come to you! The best things always are when you stop looking.

10 Likes

The Travel Witch,
I believe you are right on point as far as

Blockquote

Just as long as I don’t give up is all that matters! I’m just going to write as much as possible! Thanks for all your feedback. I think I have been very patient. I really like your Witch name. I like “The travel Witch” it can mean so many different things! Traveling & astral projection and time traveling :luggage: or past traveling! I would love to travel, but hers some insight right. It’s about the journey or the destination! I am going to try again to rediscover this Avenue.
Jeannie
Blessed be!

10 Likes

You are very right, Jeannie- when I chose this username I was thinking mostly about physical travels around the world, but that’s a great point! There’s a lot of magickal traveling to do as well- not to mention the path of the craft is a journey itself (and life in general is quite the adventure too! :grin:)

Thanks to you my witchy username rings even more true in my heart than it did before. Names really do grow and thrive in unexpected but wonderful ways! :seedling::heart: Thank you!

11 Likes

I agree on not rushing it :+1: I haven’t found my Magickal name yet. I don’t like the idea that it has to be “revealed to me”. Perhaps it was revealed already and I missed it! :sweat_smile: So I don’t think that that’s how it really works.

It’s a very personal thing so I encourage you to choose a name and try it for a while, see how it feels, work with it. Don’t give up!

14 Likes

I like that approach too! I guess in reality I found the name it didn’t find me. I was looking up things about Ireland, Celtic Paganism, the Fae & I found it by accident. I just loved it! I think everyone will know when their name rings for them. I like the ones that have been found & changed, they all seem very fitting. I wouldn’t rush though, it will come in it’s own time & everyone that wants one will find the perfect name for themselves.

11 Likes