3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
3 egg whites
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 jar marshmallow crème

Directions:

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool to touch and peel. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.

Beat sweet potatoes, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and next 6 ingredients at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until smooth. Beat in whole eggs. Spoon potato mixture into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, beat egg whites, remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and a pinch of salt at high speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until foamy. Gradually add maple syrup, beating until stiff peaks form.

Beat one-third of marshmallow crème into egg white mixture; repeat with remaining marshmallow crème, beating until smooth (about 1 minute). Pipe or spread meringue in a decorative pattern on warm potatoes. Bake 13 to 15 more minutes or until the meringue is lightly browned.

Recipe courtesy of Country Living.

7 Likes

When I read the title I couldn’t quite picture how meringue merged with sweet potatoes casserole (nevermind with a bounus of maple too!) but after reading the recipe it sounds like it all comes together beautifully. I’m drooling a bit at the thought- this sounds like a winner! :drooling_face: :maple_leaf: :sweet_potato:

Thanks for this tasty recipe, @Amethyst! :heart:

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, I couldn’t wrap my head around it at first. I agree that after reading the recipe it totally makes sense & sounds delicious. :yum: I think if I could get it made & have it out before my husband saw "how it’s made, that he & my son would snack on it throughout the evening after dinner while relaxing in the living room.

I was just thinking that I need to make a list for Thanksgiving :turkey: too! I have some odds & ends & the fresh produce to pick up. :hugs:

1 Like

Hee! It’s a bit weird but the picture if you follow through to the site, is beautiful. Glad you like it hon!

I was hoping that I’d post this in time in case anyone wanted it for Turkey Day. Glad you like it!

2 Likes