Meadowfoam Seed Oil

Hi does anyone know what element Meadowfoam Seed flower/oil belongs to?

I’ve searched all of my books and online and I cannot find the magickal properties for this. Thanks!!

6 Likes

Sorry, @maria20, I’ve never heard of it. Maybe someone with a green thumb here will know.

3 Likes

I have never heard of the flower or the seed oil & I tried to find some type of correspondence for it, but wasn’t able to do so. It’s a pretty flower from what I saw…

May I ask what the flower/oil is used for? I know it’s a white flower with a yellow center. So you could use the color correspondences. Or flowers sometimes have to do with self-care, friendship, and relationship situations such as enhancing them or strengthening them.

4 Likes

It’s a great oil to use on the skin butters/balms/lotions. I am doing a little side gig of product and want the ingredients to correlate with the season (Leo, Virgo …) Or the element (Water, Air…) I have oils I can use. I just love this one and I couldn’t find anything at all on it online or in books. My area doesn’t have a huge community for my path either. Thank you though.

6 Likes

The genus of Meadowfoam Seed is Limnanthes and its order is Brassicales which means it’s related to Brassica, also known as Mustard Seed.

I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move.” - Matthew 17:20

So it is in the order of faith and strength.

However since it’s usually associated with beauty treatments, you could extend these correspondences to (As Siofra stated above) self-growth, self-care, empowerment and more.

This is from the Handbook of Green Chemicals for Limnanthes alba or Meadowfoam seed oil.

Meadowfoam Seed Oil Properties

Synonyms: Limnanthes alba: Meadowfoam seed oil

Definition: Oil extracted from the seeds of the meadowfoam plant. Limnanthes alba

Uses: Emollient in cosmetics: emollient, conditioner. color enhancer. gloss aid, bodying agent. moisturizer, lubricant. superfatting agent for hair conditioners, sham-poos, bath prods., skin cleansing, hand lotions. pharmaceuticals: barrier film in makeup: color enhancer in paints, inks, fabric dyeing industry.

meadowfoam seed oil

Meadowfoam seed healing properties

I hope it helps!

5 Likes

@maria20 Well, in my Alchemy of Herbs and the Modern Herbal Dispensatory books it is listed as similar to and a replacement for Jojoba seed oil which is calming. The energetic alchemy is cooling. I believe based on your intent, you can use it for either water (liquid) or air (cooling). Not fire - I believe it is all about intent. Use it and see!!! :sweat_drops::dash:

May the goddess be ever in your favor :slight_smile: :green_heart:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.